Widgets Magazine

Go Back   InsideTexas Forums > Free Forums > Inside The Humidor (Free)

Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Recruiting Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHorn View Post
Expense the cost of the beer.
Yes, I expensed some of it. I don't want Clendon having to worry about cirrhosis knocking out two of his guys.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Nahlin View Post
Yes, I expensed some of it. I don't want Clendon having to worry about cirrhosis knocking out two of his guys.
Clendon's much more worried about that happening to the site owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown View Post
They thought they had Saban a year ago.
They thought they had Mack gone six months ago.
They thought they had Luck two months ago.
They thought they had Saban five weeks ago.
They thought they had Saban hours ago.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I hope you spent every dime justafan has paid so far...
Old 04-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Sally Struthers says I can save a kid for the amount I spend here! I am kidding. Eric, you called me out and wanted to respond. I never said I didn't like your articles and write ups. In fact, I said you and JS were the reason joined. Been a horns fan my entire life, and wanted to try it out. The football/recruiting coverage is second to none. I am also interested in baseball and basketball but do not see much coverage. Am I not looking in the right place? I certainly did not mean to offend anyone, perhaps I should have extended my subscription vs buying the extra 12 pack, ( i drink Natty hence the 12 pack for 10$) and posting (actually first time posting anywhere). Hook 'em and thanks for the most valuable longhorn information that you can only find here at InsideTexas.com.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 PM

I have been away.....
Who are the two finalist on Dontre Wilson's list? Did we make the cut?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Sally Struthers says I can save a kid for the amount I spend here! I am kidding. Eric, you called me out and wanted to respond. I never said I didn't like your articles and write ups. In fact, I said you and JS were the reason joined. Been a horns fan my entire life, and wanted to try it out. The football/recruiting coverage is second to none. I am also interested in baseball and basketball but do not see much coverage. Am I not looking in the right place? I certainly did not mean to offend anyone, perhaps I should have extended my subscription vs buying the extra 12 pack, ( i drink Natty hence the 12 pack for 10$) and posting (actually first time posting anywhere). Hook 'em and thanks for the most valuable longhorn information that you can only find here at InsideTexas.com.
Quit being so f*cking reasonable & nice, you're making it hard for us to run you out of town with pitchforks.
Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterwhiteguy View Post
Quit being so f*cking reasonable & nice, you're making it hard for us to run you out of town with pitchforks.
I agree. I had a really ascorbic comment I was going to throw at him and now I just want to buy him a beer.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide aside View Post
International Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament
Brought to you exclusively on the ocho.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPEDTEXAN View Post
Brought to you exclusively on the ocho.
Quote:
Old 04-22-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide aside View Post
I agree. I had a really ascorbic comment I was going to throw at him and now I just want to buy him a beer.
I've never heard that word used in that context but it does kind of fit. Or did you mean acerbic?

I like the notion of ascorbic comments. Lots of "ye mateys" included.
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I've never heard that word used in that context but it does kind of fit. Or did you mean acerbic?

Quit eating my oranges, you sheep ranching bastard(redundant, I know)!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:

Ah,ha,ha, I probably would have been better served just saying acidic, ascorbic being so truncated and all. But it sounded really good when I typed it. Actually, I like the "ye mateys" inflection even better.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:

Let me show you the way;

http://insidetexas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14
“None of them pay me,” Johnson said. When talking about Homer Bailey and Clayton Kersahw “I’m in it for the relationships. There’s satisfaction knowing you’ve done something to change their lives. I give them a structured plan. God gave them the rest. It wasn’t like I have magic dust and throw it on them.”
Old 04-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to answer questions in order, but I've been wanting to get to this one since I saw it.

I was just telling JS about this the other day.

Urban Meyer has to continue to recruit "skill" areas to implement his offense. At Utah he recruited California well. At UF he obviously recruited Florida and the SE extremely well.

Now, at fOSU he's going to continue to keep the lines open in former stomping grounds but because he's not going to recruit those areas as well due to the natural predators that live in those waters he's opening up new lines of communication in Texas. If he can pull a couple top notch players from each region he'll field a team that will make the slow footed Big 10 defenses try and adapt to his style rather than vice versa.

It can backfire of course (as it did with Rich Rod) but Meyer has enough recruiting cache and coaching ability to make it work.

His plan is working beautifully too and I can see him working, right up to him offering Percy Harvin analogs Laquvionte Gonzalez and Dontre Wilson.

Plus his new OC Tom Herman has ties to recruiting Texas and it makes perfect sense.

To answer your question, yes I think they'll be a factor.
Then Urban is probably going after Hall too seeing he is a soft commit at this point and especially since verbal commits don't matter much to him either. I think he'll be a bigger threat to Aggie.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Okafor: 1st team and DPOY
Jeffcoat: 1st team
Hicks: 2nd team (?)
Edmond: 2nd team (the rest of the world has to find out about him)
Vaccaro: 1st team
Byndom: 1st team
Diggs: 1st or 2nd
Phillips: 2nd team

Defensive tackle production will "suffer" because of heavy rotation thus hurting individual numbers and recognition.

Hopkins: 2nd team/honorable mention
Walter: 2nd team/honorable mention
Shipley: 2nd team
Brown/Bergeron: 2nd team/honorable mention (ind. numbers could suffer like at DT)
Gray: freshman of the year

This is based on production being typical of years past. I'm not overly versed on each conference teams personnel, at least not enough.

All of that could look amazingly stupid after next season, but that's my educated guess.
what you're describing here is going to be a 1 or 2 place finish in the Big 12.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Best way to accomplish that is to elect to forgo the parting shot you took at the site and just fade away.