Ocasio-cortez is the new gift that keeps on giving

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by texvet16, Jan 22, 2019.

1. texvet16

texvet16 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Aside from gaffs like claiming there's a occupation of Palestine and then admitting she can't explain what she's talking about or claiming ICE has to fill 34,000 beds a night with detainees. Ocasio-cortez has blessed us with a twofer today . Thank you Ocasio-cortez, keep up the good work and remember the media will never call you out on this garbage that spews out of your mouth so spew away!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oc...d-war-ii-warns-the-world-will-end-in-12-years

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/re...world-that-allows-for-billionaires-is-immoral

2. SAhornfan

SAhornfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

PFD, Turnbo828, msflash and 2 others like this.
  3. 40A

40A Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

You guys remember when Gore said the world would end in 2010 because of the same thing?

Good times.

4. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

What an embarrassment.

5. calvin farquhar

calvin farquhar Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I am anxiously waiting to see if the people who elected her will be dumber than her and reelect her when the time comes.

texvet16 likes this.
  6. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

So...if the media didn't report it, how did you know about it?

7. texvet16

You know the answer to that question. ...foxnews. I should have been more specific and stated the left wing media which is just about everyone else except foxnews.

8. JG

I don't really give a damn about AO-C. She's not my rep. She's not in the leadership, and she has no say over what gets passed. She does what she does because she is the right's new bogeyman (bogeywoman?). As Trump has shown, any publicity is good, even bad publicity.

People on the left (or center) don't care about reading about her because she doesn't mean anything to them. Ergo, Fox carries stories about her, and the others not so much.

9. mcb0703!

mcb0703! Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

@JG ...I got this one for you; we’re all accustomed to your standard operating procedure in threads like this

@texvet16 - why are you a racist? As a Republican, you’re clearly showing your racism & bigotry against a Hispanic woman in Congress

10. JG

[​IMG]

11. texvet16

Yup, I also remember gore pleading with us peasants to ride bicycles to work all while he flies around the world on private jets hobknobbing with the rich and famous .

12. texvet16

I think that's a fair assessment except for two things. I think the media has elevated her to "media darling " status which makes her one of the faces of the Democratic party consequently many will see her as a leader in the party ( right or wrong). I don't think she's a bogeywoman.. ..yet because no one feels threatened by her. She's the Sarah pallin of the left essentially and the left never felt threatened by her .

13. JG

I don't think most of the media pays her much attention. Not CNN or MSNBC anyway. She isn't a "media darling", she's just something different and that gets clicks. Man bites dog and all that.

texvet16 likes this.
  14. PearlandHorn

PearlandHorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

She's on the financial services committee with Maxine Waters.

15. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Thank God it takes the senate and Prez to make law in addition to the House.

16. Duke Silver

She probably knows quite a bit about finance.

17. PearlandHorn

PearlandHorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Should be quite the dynamic duo. Good thing she just generates clicks. Guess the financial services committee needed some pub.

Turnbo828 and Duke Silver like this.
  18. futures2015

futures2015 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This. One only has to look at her plan to pay for the 100% conversion to renewable energy in 10 years.

19. The_Major

The_Major Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I've seen her referred to as Occasional-Cortex. Pretty generous if you ask me.

PFD, Turnbo828, texvet16 and 3 others like this.
  20. Halas

Halas Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Am I correct in that her sole job prior to getting elected was being a bar tender?

21. The_Major

That's my understanding.

22. Eric Nahlin

Eric Nahlin Recruiting Editor Staff Member

I’m willing to go out on a limb that in 12 years Earth will be perfectly fine but our broke freshmen Congresswoman will be well off.

23. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

She'll be gearing up to run for reelection as President in 12 years. Kamala wins in 2020 and 2024 and then passes the baton to AOC in 2028.

24. Eric Nahlin

Eric Nahlin Recruiting Editor Staff Member

In a patriarchy????

25. Halas

She’s does what she does because she’s the rights New bogeyman? This doesn’t even make sense.

Hyperbole and stupidity should be called out just like when that dumbass from Iowa says white Power crap.

Sneezybeltran, PFD, Turnbo828 and 3 others like this.
  26. Halas

Imagine taking down the white patriarchal government. This is the thing movies are made of. Bar tender from Queens triumphs over white males despite systemic oppression.

Sneezybeltran, PFD, Turnbo828 and 4 others like this.
  27. The_Major

Yeah I can't believe Steve King didn't learn from Trump in Charlottesville or Megan Kelly at NBC. They all basically made the same mistake.

texvet16 and TexasPalladin like this.
  28. kennoisewater

kennoisewater Member Who Talks

AOC is young, idealistic, under-informed, and comically ambitious. However, I would be very careful to dismiss her. She's not dumb and she won for a reason. Her message resonates with a large swath of folks, no matter how unrealistic and ridiculous it sounds to us old farts. She's not intimidated by the old guard, she is super savvy on social media (alliterate much?), and she has a ton of confidence in her convictions. It's way too easy to say she's stupid and won't last long, but I seem to remember back in the spring of 2016 that Donald Trump had as much chance of being president as a bug surviving a windshield.

29. Duke Silver

No she’s stupid just like her constituents. Read a little about her campaign in relation to the affordable housing development project in whatever borough she’s from.

PFD, Turnbo828, ole tnhorn and 3 others like this.
  30. windycityhorn

windycityhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

The liberal media made this callow girl a thing but conservative media is obsessed with her. I suspect for both it has a lot to do with the fact that she’s hot. Ben Shapiro is thirsty for her to a level that would embarrass a teenage boy. She’s not going to sleep with you, fellas. But by all means, I encourage conservatives to keep giving a platform to her ramblings and assuming their audience will all be in on the joke. What could go wrong?

leander longhorn and ole tnhorn like this.
  31. texvet16

She's not dumb, she's just really ignorant . I wouldn't dismiss her but her message resonates with her constituents in new Yorks 14th district which isn't far off from San Francisco values . Now in 15 or 20 years this country may tilt to the far left and if they want to experiment with someone who believes people should be taxed 70 % or that college students shouldn't pay anything for a college education or that the pentagon doesn't need 80 % of its annual budget or that we're all gonna die in twelve years because of global warming. ....then they can pay for the impending disaster that ensues when they elect her president. I'll be to old to give a **** but crusty enough to still love my longhorns

futures2015 and TexasPalladin like this.
  32. Duke Silver

No, the idiots in her district made her. The media lapped it up because she’s hot.

Halas and TexasPalladin like this.
  33. windycityhorn

Sure.

TexasPalladin likes this.
  34. TexasPalladin

TexasPalladin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

A bit of a quibble and a personal assessment of the real impact of the AOC phenomena.
    Speaking strictly for myself, I find her both unattractive and unintelligent.
    Regardless of who is giving her a platform for her incoherent and uninformed idiotic beliefs, we should all cringe to the reality and further possibilities of her and people like her actually being elected in large enough numbers, to positions of power and responsibility that has a direct impact on our country and it's citizens.
    That she was elected is bad enough, but what it says about the people who voted her into office in the first place is more frightening to me than anything else.

Semper Fi

35. kennoisewater

Not to be too much of the Devil's Advocate here, TP - but your last sentence is exactly how my wife feels about President Trump... ; )

36. windycityhorn

Her attractiveness is a matter of personal taste, I suppose. Compared to the rest of Congress, at least, she’s a fox. But she’s probably not even the dumbest member of the House. Blame democracy. The good people of Iowa have sent Steve King to Washington eight times. To paraphrase Pogo: “We have met the enemy and he is us.”

37. futures2015

How can any discussion of the dumbest members of the House occur without a single mention of Maxine Waters?

ole tnhorn and texvet16 like this.
  38. TexasPalladin

TexasPalladin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

And that is Ok...
    I do not expect...nor would I wish everyone to always agree with me when it comes to political choices and philosophies.
    We live in a society that is designed for healthy debate and the ability to agree to disagree.
    And in order for it to work we also need a balance of differing views to buffer against extremism.
    But?
    I will not apologize for my vote in the 2016 election for the simple fact that I truly believe that HRC is inherently evil. I put her in the same category of Jane Fonda when it comes to people I truly despise. And @futures2015 is probably the only guy here who can understand that level of hate and the why's of it.
    I will also state here that in spite of his boorish behavior and deportment, which diminishes the agenda and completely dominates the news...He has done a lot more good than people give him credit for from a Conservative standpoint.
    But I also believe that we are all in real trouble when we are left with the kind of choices we had in 2016.

Semper Fi

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  39. futures2015

Wish I could like this more than once, Gunny.

Spot on.

TexasPalladin likes this.
  40. kennoisewater

I'm right there with you. My reasons for voting for President Trump were a little different than yours as I tend to concentrate more on the economy than anything else, but I did not nor will I apologize for my vote. I have been pleasantly surprised by the president in some ways and terribly disappointed by him in others...to the point where I am very concerned about giving him another term. But I know there is a massive contingent of folks out there that view DJT the same way we view HRC, and they are just as convinced they're right as we are. I think the biggest problem facing the president are the midwest rust belt states he surprisingly won in 2016. Not sure he can pull that off again given his lack of success in fulfilling his promises to them.

JimTXhorns and TexasPalladin like this.