The Democrats are motivating me. This guy gets it. And he's funny.

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by padrehorn11, Mar 13, 2019 at 11:20 PM.

1. padrehorn11

padrehorn11 Member Who Talks

2. Shane3

Shane3 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

padrehorn11 likes this.
  3. calvin farquhar

calvin farquhar Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This was funny in a accurate way.

"I can’t even keep track of half the revelations that were supposed to bring Trump to an ignominious end. Even the Democrats forget most of them within days. Remember Papadopoulos? Flynn? Gates? Roger Stone? Some 77-year-old guy I’ve never heard of, getting a handjob at a Florida massage parlor?

Say what? This is a Trump scandal because apparently the former massage parlor owner posed with Trump and various Republicans who know or have spoken to Trump. Who? What? Huh? Democrats don’t just own crazy anymore; Democrats left crazy in their rearview mirror months ago."

Halas, padrehorn11 and msflash like this.
  4. calvin farquhar

Funny.

Every time AOC proposes to build trains to Europe, or wants butt plugs for cows to control their flatulence, or wants to spend $93 trillion on fairyland, I really, really want to vote for Trump. So make Ocasio-Cortez more visible! Make Ocasio-Cortez speaker of the House! Make her the keynote speaker at the convention!

padrehorn11, futures2015 and msflash like this.
  5. TexasPalladin

TexasPalladin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Outstanding article that explains how a lot of us feel.

Semper Fi

PearlandHorn and padrehorn11 like this.
  6. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

So now it’s the Democrats fault that Trump hangs out with sleazy people? Hmmm.

7. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

CNN has a new scandal that will take Trump down every week it seems like. Yesterday they were talking about how Trump's lawyers told Cohen not to worry because he had friends in high places. Oh my, I'm sure DJT is shaking in his boots over it.

padrehorn11 and TexasPalladin like this.
  8. TexasPalladin

Did you even bother to actually read the article?
    Or are you just trying to make all of your detractors look completely justified with idiotic comments like this?
    Just.
    Stop.
    John.

Semper Fi

PFD, PearlandHorn, Halas and 2 others like this.
  9. Hiphopster

Hiphopster Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This will come as no surprise to you guys, but the author is clearly an idiot. The reactions to Trump's antics and crimes -- bombastic and breathless as they might be perceived by any and all of you -- could only be the story in a conservative universe rag like the Federalist. Or on Fox. Rather, the substance (as already spelled out in multiple criminal pleadings and convictions) which this guy wishes to overlook, namely what is going on and which will be ultimately spelled out in multiple criminal charges, is the story. And were he being a fair minded person, his article ought to be a cautionary tale of how tribalism can overtake true patriotism.

In time, we will all know. The FBI doesn't just randomly or casually open investigations into our President. Nor discuss 25th Amendment options. Or have alarm bells go off from our international partners due to intel intercepts.

There's meat here. And the wrong take is to chide the people who are rightly aghast at the substance. Shame.

10. SAhornfan

SAhornfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Thus far, regardless of your continual drumbeat, the only meat you've proven to be anywhere, is between your ears.

40A, PFD, Halas and 3 others like this.
  11. ole tnhorn

ole tnhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Article affirmation

40A, fdub206, padrehorn11 and 2 others like this.
  12. calvin farquhar

Clearly didn't. It's an article based on humor. The fact some take it so seriously is all you need to know. He also missed the point of that part of the article. Surprise. Not.

Halas, padrehorn11 and TexasPalladin like this.
  13. padrehorn11

I think you completely and totally missed the point (again).

There was nothing about anything Trump has done being the Democrat's fault. He's saying that compared to the Democrat insanity, HE DOESN"T GIVE A **** about Trump's peccadilloes. He's saying that he admits Trump hangs out with slimy people and is a slimy sleazeball himself. But Trump isn't going to take his car away...and his 401(k) is looking good. And he does give a **** about that.

My gosh, you and Hippity hop will never understand a lot us will you? Do you even want to try?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    PearlandHorn and TexasPalladin like this.
  14. TexasPalladin

Read Post #13.
    The article is not about how "Bad" the President is.
    It's about how "Stupid" the left is being.
    Capiche?

Semper Fi

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 10:15 AM
  15. padrehorn11

Good Lord.

PearlandHorn and TexasPalladin like this.
  16. TexasPalladin

Hippy is the Left's answer to Alex Jones.

Semper Fi

17. padrehorn11

They don't understand us. They don't want to even try to understand us. They will be shocked when, because of millions of people like us, that bombastic sleazeball beats their ever so earnest, bat**** crazy prig the Democrats end up nominating.

18. TexasPalladin

Wish I could like this more.
    That was perfect and had me cracking up.

Semper Fi

PearlandHorn and futures2015 like this.
  19. kennoisewater

kennoisewater Member Who Talks

There are a truckload of things about the President I just simply cannot stand. I regret voting for him. However, I admit that my regret is based on character issues and not so much policy. I have more than a few concerns about what will happen if he gets another term, but compared to the Democrats in the hopper he looks like Ronald Reagan.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    PFD, padrehorn11 and TexasPalladin like this.
  20. Burnt Orange

Burnt Orange Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

It's really about rationalizing his vote for Trump. We are in the age of team sports politics. Republicans have already started finding reasons for why they will vote for Trump again. Last time the narrative was "but Hillary". This time the narrative is "the left is so stupid I had to do it".

Doesn't really matter. The left is never going to bring a candidate conservatives will like . As the left goes leftward, the right goes rightward and everyone will dig in..

At the end of the day if everyone votes, it will not matter. Trump will be toast .just hope the democrats have the wearwithal to weaponize rage. Need to learn something from the pubs on that.

Hiphopster and TEXBTP like this.
  21. padrehorn11

With an understanding like that, how can you lose?

TexasPalladin likes this.
  22. Burnt Orange

We have already lost. Like you said... Before that we don't understand you. Well it's pretty obvious that you don't understand us either. And you don't even try.

23. padrehorn11

You're right that I don't understand you. But I do try. I'm just too stupid.

24. HelmetBoy

HelmetBoy Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This guy gets it. He motivates me.

736F8275-E86E-40D6-B266-1AA79A184538.jpeg

PFD and TexasPalladin like this.
  25. Burnt Orange

Your words not mine... I think this is less about stupid and more about team sports politics. Happens every season. We have become so radicalized in our viewpoints that the other side has to be stupid for saying what they are saying. And we spend so much time mired in our own echo chamber that we ultimately decide that what we know and believe has to be right. Clearly those libtards are out of their minds.

It is then and only then that we then make the argument that choosing Trump is better than choosing "any" of the democrats that are running for president.

One guy calls him Reagan compared to anyone who is running... As hysterical as it sounds he is probably serious.

I was expecting it. And it doesn't surprise me that its happening. I consider myself a little left of center. So to me it's harder because I try to stay away from either liberal or conservative echo chambers. Having said that there is no way I would consider Trump to be the best man to do the job of the President.

JG likes this.
  26. Burnt Orange

Better than Trump...

27. padrehorn11

This is what I mean. I doubt many people even in this 'conservative' echo chamber "consider Trump to be the best man to do the job of the President." But it's a comparison. Like, would you rather eat chili (with beans) on spaghetti, or a turd. The menu will list only those two items. You can order anything you want, but you won't get it.

TexasPalladin and scout3dave like this.
  28. SAhornfan

That's the perfect reason to vote for him. Of course my dog is better than Trump so I've given you another choice, which may be overwhelming.

40A and padrehorn11 like this.
  29. Burnt Orange

If you or anyone is making the argument that he is better than "any" one of the 16 people that are likely running for president on the Democratic side then yeah you are right... I don't understand you. Because that's mind boggling.

This is no longer a "but Hillary" thing. At least there you had somewhat of a point.

30. Burnt Orange

If your dog is nominated on the Democratic side, I would vote for him .

31. SAhornfan

I don't doubt that for a minute.

padrehorn11 and TexasPalladin like this.
  32. Burnt Orange

Too bad... He is not smart enough to be nominated by the democrats.

Hiphopster likes this.
  33. TexasPalladin

To your first....NO.

To your second.
    Put up a actual candidate that is "Left of Center" as you say you are who is not Bat Sh*t crazy and you will find more than a few folks who are willing to vote for them.
    Joe Manchin is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
    I don't agree with a lot of his stances, but I honestly respect the man for being a honest broker and voting with the best interests (as he interprets them) of his constituents and the country.
    I could vote for a Joe Leiberman or a James Webb as well. They were centrist who understood that you don't get everything you want and the "Other Guys" might have some intelligence and good ideas as well.
    As I have admitted here before...I actually voted for Bill Clinton in 1996...Not because I liked then asshole (Because I didn't), but rather because he was the best choice for the country...Or in the case of President Trump as the lesser of two evils.

The current crap...er crop is one thorazine dose away from a lobotomy as far as I am concerned.

Semper Fi

ole tnhorn and padrehorn11 like this.
  34. Halas

Halas Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

He’s creating a straw man. This is what he does. Don’t be surprised. Call stupid, stupid.

35. fdub206

fdub206 Member Who Talks

I thought the left hated smirking after the kid in the maga hat fiasco.

padrehorn11 likes this.
  36. Burnt Orange

Trump is also the kind of guy who expects to get everything he wants and throws a temper tantrums every time he doesn't get his way. The only reason you sill vote for him is because he aligns more with your viewpoints than the other side..

There is no way that the democrats are going to give you a candidate you like. And this is for the same reason that there is no way the democrats are going to vote for Trump.

A lot of people did not show up to vote for Hillary because they did not want to vote for her and expected her to beat Trump anyway
    They will not be making that mistake again.

37. padrehorn11

Rarely do I truly laugh out loud at a post, but I just did.

38. padrehorn11

I'll give you the smart for now, but I've come across very few dogs who didn't have more sense than any of the current crop of Democrats running.

39. Burnt Orange

They all have more sense than the sitting president. And as you stated earlier, its a choice. We just disagree on who the turd is.

40. padrehorn11

I'll give you both of those statements. If by "all" you are referring to dogs, not Democrats