what the **** is wrong with this judge?

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by cctxfan, Jan 19, 2018.

1. cctxfan

cctxfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. rope4747

rope4747 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

3. futures2015

futures2015 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

TexasPalladin likes this.
  4. Gamma

Gamma Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

You should be glad I'm not your judge. My only job is to forgive you and, gulp, love you. ;-)

5. rope4747

Gross

6. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

TEXBTP likes this.
  7. Gamma

You shouldn’t mock the Lord’s commands like that. Why make it any harder on yourself? Unless you want to make like Duke and go skydiving without a parachute, you should start looking for the narrow gate and the hard road...just in case.

43 ‘You have heard that it was said, “Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.”44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:43-48

8. mcb0703!

mcb0703! Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

9. ole tnhorn

ole tnhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This judge should be removed from the bench

10. cctxfan

cctxfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

sorry, guys, fixed.

11. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

The answer is Jesus.

12. rope4747

The question is “Who wishes Gamma would STFU.”

13. Duke Silver

He is incapable of that.

starvedrock314 and rope4747 like this.
  14. Gamma

What I find truly amazing about this board is that most of us here have lived through at least forty or fifty years of one the most controversial times in the history of the United States, yet we all bring our own unique experience and perspective to the discussion. And what that tells me is that there really is a lot to the old Indian proverb about a group of blind men examining different parts of an elephant and coming away with a completely different impression of the animal. Bottom line, if we care at all about the future of America, we need to keep on sharing our unique points of view, or we’ll never really have a chance of understanding the “animal” we’re looking at, much less actually taming it to the point of working for us instead of against us.

15. Duke Silver

Stop quoting me. I’m not reading your bull****.

16. Gamma

Sure hate to disturb you, Duke, but if you are going to participate on this board, you’re going to have to live with the possibility that people will respond to your posts from time to time. From day one on this board you’ve openly scoffed at even the possibility that God exists, and in my mind that makes you like a man who chooses to skydive without a parachute. Although nobody can prove that God does exist, no one can prove that he doesn’t, and that puts you more or less in the category of a circus stuntman who is risking his life for nothing. Blaise Pascal was a French mathematician who concluded that the risk of believing in God even if God does not exist is far less than the risk of not believing in God if God does exist, and I’m sure most of us here would hope that you will take that wisdom to heart.

17. rope4747

God laughs at you just like the rest of us.

18. Denali100

Denali100 Member Who Talks

The article advertised another article that the co-founder (with her husband) of the Salt Lick died at 104.