10 Questions for "The Squad"

UTGrad91

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Reporters have asked Omar about her tax issues and the issue of her marriage to her brother but she refuses to answer and implies that the questioner is racist for asking her the questions. Even the liberal Minnesota Star Tribune is starting to go after her. There are also allegations she lied on her application to come to the US. I wouldn't be surprised if she's forced out of office, although I hope not because she's great for Republicans.

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
BTW: I would love for Omar to be responsible for Trump being reelected. Trump took states totaling 306 EV (Yes, his official EV tally was 304 because two electors from Texas refused to vote for him, but they would have if the EV were needed). If he loses PA, MI, and WI that would put him down to 260. He only lost Minnesota by 1.5% in 2016. It would be great if MN would go Pub for the first time since 1972 with the reason being a backlash against Omar. The 10 EV from MN would make up for losing WI and give him exactly the 270 needed to win.

Duke Silver

Oct 29, 2008
BTW: I would love for Omar to be responsible for Trump being reelected. Trump took states totaling 306 EV (Yes, his official EV tally was 304 because two electors from Texas refused to vote for him, but they would have if the EV were needed). If he loses PA, MI, and WI that would put him down to 260. He only lost Minnesota by 1.5% in 2016. It would be great if MN would go Pub for the first time since 1972 with the reason being a backlash against Omar. The 10 EV from MN would make up for losing WI and give him exactly the 270 needed to win.
That's not happening.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
If Trump wins because of Omar, the DNC has far bigger problems; Biden or Kamala can distance themselves from Omar when they need to...still would not surprise me to see the DNC throw something to the media (anonymously) to hurt Omar & get her to shut up

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
Unlikely, sure, but it's my dream scenario

Omar especially, she's benefited so much from coming to this country but shows no gratitude and doesn't appear to even like the US.
Not surprised, didn't we have a first lady that was married to the first Black/White American President, state she didn't like America either.

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
They're obviously dumber than those 4.
Just can't fix Stupid. Did they win because they are Women, did they get the majority of the woman votes, and the men just didn't take the time to vote. **** happens.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Not surprised, didn't we have a first lady that was married to the first Black/White American President, state she didn't like America either.
I think it was more inferred in a comment about finally being proud of the country. Point stands though.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Reps Omar & Talib heading to Israel to support the BDS movement. BDS is boycott, divestment, & sanctions against Israel; Nancy Pelosi & Chuck Schumer both labeled BDS as anti-Semitic...

Reactions: futures2015 and PFD

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Reps Omar & Talib heading to Israel to support the BDS movement. BDS is boycott, divestment, & sanctions against Israel; Nancy Pelosi & Chuck Schumer both labeled BDS as anti-Semitic...
I thought Netanyahu banned them from entering the country? They're trash and a real embarrassment.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
I thought Netanyahu banned them from entering the country? They're trash and a real embarrassment.
Trump probably asked him to let them come. So much free campaign material.
The Israeli Ambassador to the US confirmed yesterday that "Israel would not deny" Omar & Talib entry for this trip, "out of respect for Congress"

Translation: Reps Omar & Talib are free to come to Israel, make fools of themselves, divide the democratic base even more, & move more Jewish votes to Donald Trump in 2020

Reactions: calvin farquhar

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
I think it was more inferred in a comment about finally being proud of the country. Point stands though.
You could be entirely correct, but was it that we elected her husband, or a Black/White man as President. Strange to me, but that one incident made her a proud American. Heck I have been proud to be an American for my entire life, and I don't care if the President is Black, White, Asian, or whatever. For thought, maybe if I had been born Black, and the offspring of Slaves 4 or 5 times removed, I might feel different. But, in all reality, how many of us can say we don't have any slave blood in our dna, and could it even be detected if we did. In the heat of conflict I never considered the guy next to me as being black, white, Korean, viet, he was just a guy that could die or bleed just like me.

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
Anybody know if they are traveling with a posse, or on taxpayer dollars? Is Talib's husband, err brother, going along on the honeymoon. Those two clowns will do nothing but piss off the Democratic leadership with their actions while in Israel. While they are there Pelosi might move their offices to a broom closet in the basement.

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
One more example of why the Dems are in trouble. They've used identity politics to attract a very diverse coalition of voters, but it can't hold over the long haul because of issues like this. Jews have been part of the Dem coalition for generations, but how long will they remain as their party is taken over by anti Israeli activists like Omar and Talib?

Reactions: TexasPalladin

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Looks like Netanyahu has enough to block Omar & Tlaib from entering Israel for their upcoming trip

SmackBrown

Oct 29, 2008
Dallas, TX
One more example of why the Dems are in trouble. They've used identity politics to attract a very diverse coalition of voters, but it can't hold over the long haul because of issues like this. Jews have been part of the Dem coalition for generations, but how long will they remain as their party is taken over by anti Israeli activists like Omar and Talib?
If this is even remotely close to accurate for Trump approval among blacks, and holds, it could be an interesting 2020.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
If this is even remotely close to accurate for Trump approval among blacks, and holds, it could be an interesting 2020.

View attachment 45811
Rasmussen is majorly biased right. They blew the 2018 election so bad (almost ten points) that they quit polling generic Congressional races.

Their Trump approval sits 5 to 10 points to the right of almost everyone else too.

I would take what they say with a boulder of salt.

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
Rasmussen is majorly biased right. They blew the 2018 election so bad (almost ten points) that they quit polling generic Congressional races.

Their Trump approval sits 5 to 10 points to the right of almost everyone else too.

I would take what they say with a boulder of salt.
What’s the pulse of the black community in Frisco like?

TexasPalladin

Nov 30, 2008
And to further brighten your day:

Just think if the Klan, a Christian Church Group or even the Jewish Community were to try this BS.

Semper Fi

Reactions: eodhorn

JG

Oct 29, 2008
What’s the pulse of the black community in Frisco like?
Who do you want to hear about? The ones that live here and work for me? The people across the street from me? How about the three houses down the street? I'd be happy to ask them for you.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Who do you want to hear about? The ones that live here and work for me? The people across the street from me? How about the three houses down the street? I'd be happy to ask them for you.
I’ve previously posted @JG knows a black guy; clearly, that was wrong.

@JG knows 3 black guys. I stand corrected...

Reactions: eodhorn

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008

View attachment 45811
Yes, the general rule is that an incumbent will get roughly the same percentage of the vote as his job approval rating. Trump got 8% of the African American vote in 2016 and I'd be pleasantly surprised if he hit double digits in 2020 much less 30% but anything's possible I guess.