Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 18, 2012
Arlington, TX
Roman Turner
running back
Wichita Falls Hirschi
5'9" 190
Junior highlights

- Ran a hand-timed 4.34 forty and had a 10-foot broad jump at a Texas State camp in June.
- Finished 2nd in the 100 meters at the 4A state track meet in May, running a 10.75. His best time of the season was a 10.49 in the prelims at the 4A Region I meet.
- During power lifting season last winter he had a 300-lb bench, 485 squat, and 475 dead lift.
- His mother ran track at Arkansas and was a two-time All-American in the indoor long jump. His cousin Charles Brown is on the Texas Tech track team and won the long jump as a freshman this past summer at the Big 12 Outdoor track & field championships.
- Rushed for over 800 yards last season while playing in just five games, but his team was very inexperienced, had a horrible defense (opponents averaged 52 points per game), and finished 0-10.
- In his first 3 games this season he has 37 carries for 326 yards (8.8 yards/carry) and 6 TDs.
- He has no offers yet, has had interest from Texas State, SMU, Sam Houston St., Northern Colorado, and A&M-Commerce for football. Kansas, UL-Monroe, Brown, and New Orleans have all shown interest in him as a track athlete.

I think he's capable of being a D1 athlete in either sport. I see a guy whose lateral quickness isn't nearly as good as his straight-ahead speed, but he's not stiff. I've seen plenty of RBs go FCS and some to FBS who didn't have his natural ability, or anywhere close to his level of speed. Not saying he's a Big 12-level player, but he should have a chance to play somewhere. Thoughts?