2017 RB Ted Fuller

Jonathan Wells

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 18, 2012
Arlington, TX
Back during the 2012 football season I did a weekly series of posts at BON highlighting unheralded seniors. I'm planning to do a similar series during the current season as part of a larger post I do recapping the previous week's games involving UT commits and previewing those of the coming week.

This week I wrote about Ted Fuller, a senior running back from Harleton, a 3A D2 school out in east Texas that was in 2A as recently as last season and which has made the playoffs in 12 of the last 13 seasons but isn't anyone's idea of a powerhouse, and they'll play this season in a district with the defending 3A D2 state champs (Waskom) and three other teams that all went three rounds or more into last year's playoffs.

I've mentioned Fuller in at least one other thread on the members' board. He's 5'10" 200, ran a laser-timed 4.58 forty and 4.25 shuttle at a combine in May, and rushed for over 1,700 yards last fall. He was offered by Louisiana-Monroe and Wyoming back in May but hasn't been hearing from any other schools of late. He's not very elusive in space but he can be a good one-cut runner and when he plants and runs upfield he can accelerate to top speed very quickly. I'd have him as a mid-to-high two star prospect whose best fit is probably at a non-P5 school, but even just among athletes of that caliber his recruitment is much less active than it should be.

I figured this would be a good board at which to throw out his name again and see what everyone else thought. You can see what I wrote about him at BON here (near the bottom of the post). His junior highlights can be seen here: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4084737/5721df5bc124573b5488de59

TheBigGuitar

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
Petaluma, Ca.
This should be a great series and thanks for doing it. I love these guys who may not have D-1 measurables, but are really good football players.

BEW

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Mar 16, 2012
In my work over the past 4 decades I have driven a few hundred thousand miles over east Texas and I believe Harleton is the most isolated town in all of east Texas. I'm not sure why it just seems that way for some reason. Its not a town you go through going to anywhere. I have been to Harleton probably less than 10 times in 40 years. Even a place like Uncertain which is 5 miles past the edge of the earth I have been to dozens of times.

Hope the kid gets noticed some more

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
Remind me about him in late October. I remember him from when you posted about him before. I'm still trying to figure him out. He looks really quick at times.