2020 TXHSFB Week 3 streaming/game thread

wabash

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Apr 3, 2017
Whew, after last week's slobberknocker matchup between Argyle and Texarkana Pleasant Grove it feels like this week has its work cut out for it... In the infamous words of Lee Corso "Not so fast my friend!" while this week doesn't have teams with 4-5 D1 players on each side, there are still a ton of value games where you can get eyes on players that will make an impact at the next level. Here are my picks for tonight's slate of games across the state, as always I linked the full list of games streaming from DCTF below. If you have a game not on the list that you feel like offers some recruitnik value please make sure to share in the comments.

3A DI No. 6 Rockdale at 3A DII No. 7 Lexington
7:30 p.m.

Stream Link
Players to watch:
2022 Lexington ATH Jarred Kerr-Offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and Notre Dame
2021 Rockdale RB Cam'Ron Valdez- Offers from Nebraska, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State
2022 Rockdale ATH Kobe Mitchell- No 247 profile or offers. Sleeper to keep an eye on, was supposed to be a WR this year but injuries forced him into the QB role.

4A DI No. 6 El Campo vs 4A DI No. 8 Port Lavaca Calhoun

Stream Link
Players to watch:
2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens- Offers from Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas etc. Top 25 player right now in the sophomore class, El Campo has a stable of high quality RBs that keep Owens fresh throughout the game. Don't expect to see the Ricebirds run him into the ground with 30+ carries.
2022 El Campo RB Johntre Davis- No Offers yet
2021 PLC FB/ILB Steve Johnson- No Offers yet. If his grades are good Steve Johnson should be a P5 Walk on ILB. He'll get a lot of carries in PLC's "Flying Veer" offense.

4A DII No. 4 Wimberley at 4A DI No. 3 Lampasas

Stream Link
Players to watch:
2021 Lampasas QB Ace Whitehead-Texas Baseball commit/2019 4A POTY
2021 Lampasas WR Michael Murray Jr- New Mexico commit
2021 Wimberley ATH Christian Marshall- Likely follows a similar path of 2020 Wimberley QB Cooper McCollum (TAMU) and ends up as a walk on Baylor

Last edited:

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Lampasas definitely has the best quality stream so far. Rockdale vs. Lexington hasn't popped up yet for me

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Ace Whitehead to Michael Murray on a inch perfect post TD. Will link as soon as I see it on twitter. I think Michael Murray is probably a better player than New Mexico.

cord32

Aug 28, 2018
Calhoun has a OG who looks like he may pass out on any given play.