Drag to reposition cover

2020 TXHSFB Week 8 streaming/game thread

wabash

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Apr 3, 2017
This week of TXHSFB games are much better than last week's tame slate (Please God no more cancellations) and are highlighted by a rare prospect heavy Top 10 battle that doesn’t involve teams from the normal power regions of the state. Along with the tasty Lubbock vs. Wichita Falls matchup we have two matchups between 6A vs. 5A blue bloods in Houston and Dallas respectively, along with a treat to the true prospect hounds at the bottom of the page. As we grow more into the season teams will have a much better idea of the level of players they will be in the battle for come NSD1 and NSD2. "Have we exceeded expectations and now can look to flip players we have no business targeting?" or "This season is a dud, lets look at some G5 commits and try to find a diamond". Regardless of where your regional university stacks in this, HSFB/Recruiting stop for no man... only a virus... sometimes.. as always we have the official DCTF stream list linked at the bottom of the page.

*Thursday*
5A DI No. 7 Longview at Beaumont West Brook
7 p.m.
Stream Link ($)
Stream Link ($)
Players to watch:
2021 Longview RB Kaden Meredith- Offers from UTSA and ULM| #7
2021 Longview OLB Kybo Jamerson- Offers from UTSA, ULM, and Kansas| #3
2023 Longview WR Jalen Hale- Offers from Auburn and Arkansas| #14
2022 West Brook ATH Bryce Anderson- LSU Commit|
2021 West Brook T Cameron Handy- Offers from Texas Southern and Alcorn State|

Honorable Mention Games on Thursday:
[5A DI No. 6 Cedar Park at Pflugerville Hendrickson Stream Link] [Montgomery vs Conroe Oak Ridge Stream Link]

*Friday*
5A DI No. 8 Lubbock Coronado at 5A DII No. 4 Wichita Falls Rider
7 p.m.
Stream Link
Players to watch:
2021 Roho QB Jacob Rodriguez- Virginia Commit|
2021 Roho DE E'Maurion Banks- Texas Tech Commit|
2021 Roho TE Jed Castles- Texas Tech Commit|
2021 Roho DT Isaiah Wetzel- Offers from HBU, Grambling, Alcorn|
2021 LC QB Sawyer Robinson- Mississippi State Commit|
2021 LC OLB Izaiah Kelley- SMU Commit|
2021 LC CB Imari Jones- No Offers|

6A No. 11 Cedar Hill vs 5A DII No. 2 Aledo
7:30 p.m.
Stream Link
Players to watch:
2021 CH QB Kaidon Salter- Tennessee Commit|
2021 CH DE Charles Esters- Texas Tech Commit| #32
2021 CH CB Amarian Williams- Liberty Commit|
2021 CH C Carlos Peoples- New Mexico State Commit| #74
2022 CH CB Jalon Peoples- Offers from Arizona, Baylor, Colorado|
2021 Aledo WR JoJo Earle- LSU Commit|
2021 Aledo DE Chris Wright- North Texas Commit|
2021 Aledo ATH DeMarco Roberts- Lamar Commit|
2022 Aledo S Bryan Allen- LSU Commit|

5A DI No. 5 Manvel at 6A No. 1 Galena Park North Shore
7 p.m.
Stream Link ($)
Stream Link ($)
Players to watch:
2021 North Shore QB Dematrius Davis- Auburn Commit| #4
2021 North Shore ATH Shadrach Banks- Texas A&M Commit| #2
2022 North Shore CB Denver Harris- Offers from Alabama, Texas, Georgia, LSU| #22
2021 North Shore IOL Jaeden Roberts- Auburn Commit| #77
2021 North Shore IOL Ed'Zavier Deblaw- Offers from Arkansas, GT, Houston| #78
2021 North Shore WR Charles King- Utah State Offer| #14
2022 Manvel ILB Justin Medlock- Offers from Ohio State, LSU, Texas|
2022 Manvel WR Isaiah King- Offers from Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss|
2022 Manvel CB Alejandro Colbert- Offers from UNC, Maryland, Tennessee
2022 Manvel S Collin Wright- Offers from Colorado, UNLV, Houston

*Wabash Special*
McAllen Rowe at Sharyland Pioneer
7:30 p.m.
Stream Link
2021 Sharyland Pioneer QB Eddie Lee Marburger- UTSA Commit|#12
I have this one listed as a Wabash Special because my favorite prospect in the 2021 class starts his senior campaign down in the valley. McAllen Rowe likely won't be able to hang with the Pioneer Diamondbacks, but 1st Team All State (play & name) Pioneer QB Eddie Lee Marburger is worth the price of admission alone. Last year Eddie completed 66% of his passes for 4,505 yards, threw for 58 TDs, and 5 INTs in a 11-2 campaign that had his squad on the doorsteps of a state semi final berth. The really impressive thing to me about Marburger is that he isn't just racking up yards on cheap screens and wide open vertical routes to future D1 playmakers, the vast majority of these yards are attacking all three levels of the defense & spread horizontally across the field as well. For a smaller framed QB he has a way of making far hash to sideline throws in rhythm that will translate well to the next level. If you forced me to give a comp I would reluctantly say "Discount Baker Mayfield", he has the ability to extend plays with his feet and make tough off script throws along with altering his touch on throws in the rhythm of the offense. I think the ceiling is there for ELM to make the jump and become an outright star.

Honorable Mention Games on Friday:
[4A DII No. 6 China Spring at 4A DII No. 10 Salado Stream Link ($)] [5A DI No. 2 Highland Park at 6A No. 12 Rockwall Stream Link] [Fort Bend Hightower vs The Woodlands Stream Link] [Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill at 6A No. 6 Desoto Stream Link]

Last edited:

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Harold Perkins from Cy Park is gonna be a DUDE at the next level.

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
7-0 Cedar Hill after they recover a fumble on the opening kickoff. Salter with a nice TD pass to open things up. The Wichita Falls Rider vs. Lubbock Coronado stream is lagging a bit but works after awhile.

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Kaidon Salter looks like a completely different QB than the guy I watched last year. Goodness he’s improved a ton.

Lubbock Coronado up 16-0 over a really good Roho team. Sawyer Robertson looking sharp

Reactions: Abe Lemons

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Aledo hanging in there with Cedar Hill. Horns lead 20-17 with 9:55 in the 4th.

Lubbock Coronado in full control vs. Wichita Falls Rider, up 44-13 in the 3rd Quarter. They have a tough district with Amarillo and Amarillo Tascosa but I think they have a legit shot to beat Red Oak in a regional final. I have a hard time picking anybody other than Denton Ryan or Highland Park to win state in 5AD1

stilesbbq

Oct 2, 2019
Kaidon Salter looks like a completely different QB than the guy I watched last year. Goodness he’s improved a ton.

Lubbock Coronado up 16-0 over a really good Roho team. Sawyer Robertson looking sharp
You like him more than Stowers?

stilesbbq

Oct 2, 2019
Very strange for Jimbo to take one QB in the class and for it to be Stowers. As a baseball guy, I see that throw and wonder if he is a pitcher. Good clip