Drag to reposition cover

2020 TXHSFB Week 9 streaming/game thread

GoHornsGo90

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Aug 3, 2012
Washington DC
I'm backing off Jaydon Blue being the best RB in Texas regardless of classification. He's not a better RB than LJ Johnson IMO. That's not a knock on Blue, he's a versatile weapon. I actually like him as a slot/RB combo with terrific hands. Not going to be a 20 carry type RB at next level --- at this point. He's a slasher/big play guy, but not a tackle breaker and has limited lower body strength/natural power to run through tackles. He's a take for nearly every program, but it's a different take for me than pure RB.
Guessing you like Jamarion Miller more as well?

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Big result in 19-6A, Seven Lakes beats Morton Ranch which means unless Seven Lakes drops a dumb game to Mayde Creek or Cinco Ranch the Spartans should make the playoffs. Why is this important? Because if Seven Lakes and Tompkins make the playoffs that drops the Katy Tigers to the 6AD2 bracket

Reactions: rmannucci

stilesbbq

Oct 2, 2019
I'm backing off Jaydon Blue being the best RB in Texas regardless of classification. He's not a better RB than LJ Johnson IMO. That's not a knock on Blue, he's a versatile weapon. I actually like him as a slot/RB combo with terrific hands. Not going to be a 20 carry type RB at next level --- at this point. He's a slasher/big play guy, but not a tackle breaker and has limited lower body strength/natural power to run through tackles. He's a take for nearly every program, but it's a different take for me than pure RB.
Does that make him Ramonce Taylor in a smaller package?

Big result in 19-6A, Seven Lakes beats Morton Ranch which means unless Seven Lakes drops a dumb game to Mayde Creek or Cinco Ranch the Spartans should make the playoffs. Why is this important? Because if Seven Lakes and Tompkins make the playoffs that drops the Katy Tigers to the 6AD2 bracket
That makes 6A D2 hell

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
Lampasas scores to make it 36-18 with 1:24 left in the ball game, freaky play prevented this one from being uglier. Lampasas had a pick 6 ruled out for a fumble through the endzone that you could clearly see from the broadcast view was a bad call.

rmannucci

Member Who Talks
Dec 4, 2019
Go Spartans! 7>5

Reactions: wabash

wabash

Apr 3, 2017
That makes 6A D2 hell
Katy in D2 would be... ugly.
Here is my dream 6AD2 slate of regional finals:
R1- Denton Guyer vs. Southlake Carroll
R2- Cedar Hill vs. Bridgeland
R3- Winner of Katy vs. Shadow Creek vs. Beaumont West Brook
R4- Austin High (for Charles not what I think is likely) or San Antonio Brandeis vs. Edinburg Vela or Converse Judson

• Love
Reactions: stilesbbq

GoHornsGo90

Aug 3, 2012
Washington DC
Here is my dream 6AD2 slate of regional finals:
R1- Denton Guyer vs. Southlake Carroll
R2- Cedar Hill vs. Bridgeland
R3- Winner of Katy vs. Shadow Creek vs. Beaumont West Brook
R4- Austin High (for Charles not what I think is likely) or San Antonio Brandeis vs. Edinburg Vela or Converse Judson
Hey, don't leave my Chaps out. We're 6A D2 royalty!

Gerry Hamilton

ESPN Recruiting Analyst
Staff member
Sep 23, 2009
Does that make him Ramonce Taylor in a smaller package?

That makes 6A D2 hell

Think Blue is more of a natural RB than Ramonce. Blue isn't the freaky athlete Ramonce was (his vertical/ball above his head playmaking was elite).

Gerry Hamilton

ESPN Recruiting Analyst
Staff member
Sep 23, 2009
Guessing you like Jamarion Miller more as well?
Not saying that. I really like Jaydon Blue —- don’t get me wrong. I was of the opinion he was best RB in Texas regardless of classification before tonight. Now I think he’s behind LJ Johnson as No. 2, but I see Blue’s maximization path a little different now at the next level.

Geoff Eneman

Nov 17, 2015
Monroe, LA formerly of Longview, TX
Urban knows how to use those guys. Just saying.

Texas needs to offer Klein Cain 2022 WR Matthew Golden. I know there are so many quality 2022 WR's in Texas, but this kid is a player. Probably 5-11.5, 175-180 with some wiry strength. Will be 5-11.5, 190 in time. He's got quick feet, gets in out of cuts, natural/sure hands, can track the ball, can turn and find/play the ball in the air, good body control, and a tough kid that plays wildcat QB and returns punts without fear.

Oregon and other P5's have offered.
I'm going to keep beating the drum, but give me all the 5-11, 180 guys we can get. Speed, speed, speed. 4 out of every 5 WRs that we offer should be around that size.

Reactions: wabash

GoHornsGo90

Aug 3, 2012
Washington DC
Urban knows how to use those guys. Just saying.

I'm going to keep beating the drum, but give me all the 5-11, 180 guys we can get. Speed, speed, speed. 4 out of every 5 WRs that we offer should be around that size.
I don't get it either. How can you look at all the terrifying guys that Bama, OU, and LSU have put out over the past few years and think that's not the way to go? Both OU and LSU have done it directly to us with guys just like you're describing.

The JJ Henry ****around recruitment is a perfect example. Assuming that was/is tied to thinking we can get JoJo Earle -- and perhaps there's something else I'm not aware of -- having both of those guys in the same class isn't a problem. It's a solution.