A professional psychologists tries to explain why people don't want to date trans folks

theelusiveshadow

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Nov 2, 2016
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/inclusive-insight/201906/why-are-so-few-people-willing-date-transgender-person

I'm honestly not trying to be that snarky here: I just find it pretty sad that it's come to this. A psychologist needs to try to explain this with disingenuous punts to so-called "dehumanization" and prejudice? Really? Aren't psychologists supposed to, you know, help people who are trying to live lives detached from reality, not scold society for not bending over backwards to accommodate them?

Trans people are free to live as they like in this country, and I don't think they should be actively mistreated. But to insinuate that people not wanting to date them is not based on legitimate objective truth is incredibly disingenuous. The comparison with interracial relationships is shockingly bad.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
barkingcarnival.fantake.com
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/inclusive-insight/201906/why-are-so-few-people-willing-date-transgender-person

I'm honestly not trying to be that snarky here: I just find it pretty sad that it's come to this. A psychologist needs to try to explain this with disingenuous punts to so-called "dehumanization" and prejudice? Really? Aren't psychologists supposed to, you know, help people who are trying to live lives detached from reality, not scold society for not bending over backwards to accommodate them?

Trans people are free to live as they like in this country, and I don't think they should be actively mistreated. But to insinuate that people not wanting to date them is not based on legitimate objective truth is incredibly disingenuous. The comparison with interracial relationships is shockingly bad.
You, dear sir, are ticking really high on the Fascism scale!

The part that concerns me most about this type of ideology is how far it's permeated our society. I have 3 boys and if I didn't live in Texas I probably wouldn't even want them in public schools. It's getting pushed further into everyday life, to younger and younger people.

At what point will common sense begin to break out?

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017

Pretty sure at least half of all psychologists simply **** up peoples lives even more.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
I read an article a couple of weeks ago where the authors were talking to women who had come out as bisexual, and how many of their partners were not ok with it...and the authors went on to shame the hell out of the partners.

Garbage.

Not that someone wants to be bi. You want to go do both men and women? Knock yourself out. But don't expect a committed partner to be on board with you ****ing other people, gay OR straight.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
barkingcarnival.fantake.com
I read an article a couple of weeks ago where the authors were talking to women who had come out as bisexual, and how many of their partners were not ok with it...and the authors went on to shame the hell out of the partners.

Garbage.

Not that someone wants to be bi. You want to go do both men and women? Knock yourself out. But don't expect a committed partner to be on board with you ****ing other people, gay OR straight.
... today anyways. I'm sure one day in the not too distant future, forced monogamy will be patriarchal oppression as well.