Alone - Season 4

The_Major

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Apr 2, 2012
Austin, Texas
Brooke is the only one that built a Shelter worth a damn and now their making a new one. Every other team the guy who didn't have to hike completely failed his partner IMO. You had one job. Make a good shelter while you have energy and none of them did it except Brooke.

Reactions: futures2015

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Brooke is the only one that built a Shelter worth a damn and now their making a new one. Every other team the guy who didn't have to hike completely failed his partner IMO. You had one job. Make a good shelter while you have energy and none of them did it except Brooke.
Right. The only problem is that she seems to have overworked herself physically on their new construction.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
The older man and his son have a decent shelter. Other two groups have nothing

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
The older man and his son have a decent shelter. Other two groups have nothing
You must have missed the one where Brooke and her husband practically built a home! It looks like this year's contest will be down to two teams soon.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
This show should not be called Alone after they went to teams. I can't tell who is going to win this year. They all seem to be starving.

The_Major

Apr 2, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not sure if there will ever be a season 5.

SPOILER DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS WEEK

My team is out. I really thought they would win it. But the old man and son "had" the best food supply which it seems that has now run out. It's down to whose tougher Ted or the Old Man. My guess is the son will ring the bell out of worry for his dad as Dave did for Brooke. BTW. That commercial skit Brooke did was hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shane3 and Jdhmills

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
SPOILER DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS WEEK

My team is out. I really thought they would win it. But the old man and son "had" the best food supply which it's seems that has now run out. It's down to whose tougher Ted or the Old Man. My guess is the son will ring the bell out of worry for his dad as Dave did for Brooke. BTW. That commercial skit Brooke did was hilarious.
This happens every year, weather turns cold and coastal fishing dries up, people start starving. At that point the show loses my interest. This season has been a big time bust

futures2015

May 2, 2015
Those guys must have spent millions to do all this work! I really hope they find something with this latest dig.
I get that they want to solve the mystery, but like you said, they've spent millions.

Even if this new borehole hits the money pit smack dab in the middle, I don't know how much of the treasure they would get to keep to recoup their investment.

futures2015

May 2, 2015
Shoot. My favorite is already out. :(
Caught up last night. Really bad luck for Carleigh.

Northern Mongolia isn't anything like I imagined. It's lush green with mountains and streams ... though I'm pretty sure that will change when winter comes.

I think weather will be a more significant factor this season than food --- no one seems to be focused on building shelter that can withstand sub-zero temps.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Caught up last night. Really bad luck for Carleigh.

Northern Mongolia isn't anything like I imagined. It's lush green with mountains and streams ... though I'm pretty sure that will change when winter comes.

I think weather will be a more significant factor this season than food --- no one seems to be focused on building shelter that can withstand sub-zero temps.
Luckily they did a left turn from the unmitigated disaster that was the couples alone. As with every season will anyone be able to gather/catch and preserve enough food early to get them deep into the lean winter/months. Also, will anyone that has those requisite skills have the mental fortitude to go the distance. A lot of times the most skills do a decent stretch and then say the money ain't worth it.

Reactions: futures2015

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Luckily they did a left turn from the unmitigated disaster that was the couples alone. As with every season will anyone be able to gather/catch and preserve enough food early to get them deep into the lean winter/months. Also, will anyone that has those requisite skills have the mental fortitude to go the distance. A lot of times the most skills do a decent stretch and then say the money ain't worth it.
One guy is building what resembles a small fort! He’s burning a ton of calories to do all that work. It will be interesting to see if he lasts.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
I have no idea who will win this year, but Larry has lost it imo. The mice are getting to him. On a positive note, Mongolia sure has some spectacular scenery.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Down to four tough guys. I have no idea who will win, but they should rename the show Starvation.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
I just found out there’s a season 6. One guy won’t be starving.