Any watch collectors on IT?

SAhornfan

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I know @T-Horn has interest but how about anyone else? Aside from UT football, I collect (mostly) vintage watches.
I have about 20 more but here are a few of my favorites:
Citizen Chronograph 67-9313

Omega Seamaster ca. 1958

1950's Universal Geneve Polerouter

And my most recent,
1969 Bulova Oceanographer 333

Last edited:

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
Loving that Sinn, SA.

Mrs. T-Horn has put a stop to my watch buying ways for now but these are the three in my rotation (none of them all that special.)

The following I took off the stock band and put it on a black and gray NATO (purchased from my favorite NATO strap site www.cheapestnatostraps.com.)

This one I also took off the stock band and put on a Bond NATO.

I'm not rich like SA so I can't afford all of those Omegas.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Sweet Baby Jesus, am I on the General board?? Anyway, I have a collection of watches, but that's not to say I am a collector. Mostly old Timex watches. I've always liked to wear one, but I've never really had a cool Tissot or Omega. My casual watch is an old Nike Triax.

My going out watch currently is a Bulova:

I'm actually pretty proud of that one and have gotten a good amount of compliments on it. SA looks like he's cooking with gas on his wrist. Sweet looking assortment there.

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Sweet Baby Jesus, am I on the General board?? Anyway, I have a collection of watches, but that's not to say I am a collector. Mostly old Timex watches. I've always liked to wear one, but I've never really had a cool Tissot or Omega. My casual watch is an old Nike Triax.

My going out watch currently is a Bulova:

I'm actually pretty proud of that one and have gotten a good amount of compliments on it. SA looks like he's cooking with gas on his wrist. Sweet looking assortment there.
Post photos of the old Timexs. I have a few that I inherited from my grandfather. They're just old 70's electrics but but they were his, so I keep them. Is the Bulova a Precisionist?

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Post photos of the old Timexs. I have a few that I inherited from my grandfather. They're just old 70's electrics but but they were his, so I keep them. Is the Bulova a Precisionist?
Negative, not quite that pricey, but I get the impression it has fooled some into thinking it would be. I actually wore it to the Yee Haw. You might have noticed it if we had gotten Boo to stop scratching himself in front of us for a minute. It really is a striking piece, if I may say.

The Timexes I'll have to unearth, but I promise they're nothing more than something you'd find at Target.

U.S. Bates

Nov 2, 2009
Here
I know @T-Horn has interest but how about anyone else? Aside from UT football, I collect (mostly) vintage watches.
I have about 20 more but here are a few of my favorites:
18k Omega Seamaster ca. 1955

Omega Seamaster ca. 1966

1950's LeCoultre Powermatic

And my newest Sinn 656
I love timepieces. I'm not a huge fan of vintage ones, though.

I have a gold Rolex (early 80's) that I will literally never wear. PM me if you know of anyone who would be interested in something like that. I'm sick of insuring it tbh...

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
I like the Russians. Weren't you wearing the Amphibian in Chicago last year? That Tissot is almost as sweet as Sofie at cheapestnatostraps.com
I think I had the bottom Amphibian on Friday night. I can't remember if I had the scuba man with me. Softie is a sweet Swedish meatball.

10isgod

Jan 29, 2012
I have an appreciation for classic and new mechanical watches, just don't have the discretionary income for them after I pay my mortgage. I have a couple inexpensive watches, the only one of interest thigh is my Sistem 51 in blue. It's a nice little watch for when you just want to go to the store, or just be extremely casual.

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
I have an appreciation for classic and new mechanical watches, just don't have the discretionary income for them after I pay my mortgage. I have a couple inexpensive watches, the only one of interest thigh is my Sistem 51 in blue. It's a nice little watch for when you just want to go to the store, or just be extremely casual.
eBay is great for finding good deals on nice watches that are slightly used.

TexasPalladin

Nov 30, 2008
I have 5.
$400.00 8 year old Seiko that I wear everyday.Swiss Army I have had forever.
20 year old Raymond Weil given a a gift that I have no idea what it is worth.
85 year old Elgin radium dial wristwatch that my Grandfather carried in WWII, Korea.
1895 Elgin RR Pocket watch that belonged to my Great Grandfather who carried it from the Banana Wars, WWI and till he died.
Damn thing is heavy, thick and in perfect condition.

Semper Fi

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I have 5.
$400.00 8 year old Seiko that I wear everyday.Swiss Army I have had forever.
20 year old Raymond Weil given a a gift that I have no idea what it is worth.
85 year old Elgin radium dial wristwatch that my Grandfather carried in WWII, Korea.
1895 Elgin RR Pocket watch that belonged to my Great Grandfather who carried it from the Banana Wars, WWI and till he died.
Damn thing is heavy, thick and in perfect condition.

Semper Fi
Photos or they don't exist.

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
That Seiko. Damn that's a slick watch. Will you have the Sinn by the Spring game?

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
You can buy it at the St Louis Omega Boutique for a paltry $6500. I do love that watch but I think I'm going to wait until September for these for 1/3 the cost.

$6500? That's it? I'll take two! Honestly, I'd pay that price for the Omega. That watch is freaking beautiful.

Well, looks like the watch buying bug has stung me. Thanks a lot, asshole.

I want that black Seiko. The white one is really nice but that black one is slick. I'd have to put it on a new leather band because I don't like that croc look. How much are those running?

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
I just noticed the blue hands on the white Seiko. Holy ****! I want that watch!

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
$6500? That's it? I'll take two! Honestly, I'd pay that price for the Omega. That watch is freaking beautiful.

Well, looks like the watch buying bug has stung me. Thanks a lot, asshole.

I want that black Seiko. The white one is really nice but that black one is slick. I'd have to put it on a new leather band because I don't like that croc look. How much are those running?
http://www.deployant.com/baselworld-2016-seiko-presage-60th-anniversary-limited-edition-chronographs/

Reactions: T-Horn

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Today, I picked up this 1966 Citizen Alarm Date pretty cheap. Pictures aren't great but I can see it needs a new crystal but the movement looks good.

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
I'm not a big Rolex guy but I'd love to have a Milgauss.

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
Today, I picked up this 1966 Citizen Alarm Date pretty cheap. Pictures aren't great but I can see it needs a new crystal but the movement looks good.
Where do you find the best deals on your vintages?

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
It is a limited edition but for that price, I would expect to see the Grand Seiko logo.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be that high for that very reason. I was finding some really nice pre-owned Speedmasters for around that price and that's a watch I'd much rather have in my collection.

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
If I'm buying cheap watches, which I'm not ashamed to do, I'm buying watches similar to the Vostoks.
Actually, these Parnis watches are pretty good. They have a IWC Portuguese "homage" that is very nice. I sold mine last year when I started buying Omegas. It is much nicer in the flesh.