Any watch collectors on IT?

SAhornfan

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
If I may ask, how many Speedmasters do you own? Feel free to answer in ballpark figures.

I don't have one yet, but one day...
0 Moonwatches, 3 Japanese market Speedy automatics. They seem to be the direction my collection is headed. Still priced reasonably and several very unique designs and the size I prefer on my wrist.

Air Force Horn

Member Who Talks
Jan 6, 2012
Abilene area...in by golly West Texas!
0 Moonwatches, 3 Japanese market Speedy automatics. They seem to be the direction my collection is headed. Still priced reasonably and several very unique designs and the size I prefer on my wrist.
I think a moon watch really just has to find its way into my collection at some point, but that's a lot of cash.

There was a time when the Air Force BX used to sell high end stuff like Breitling and Omega at really good prices...and then without tax... I should have jumped on a moon watch then, but I didn't know any better.

I visited NASA mission control in Houston a couple of years back. As cool as that was, I almost didn't make it past the lobby. The mission-by-mission Speedmaster display is stunning.

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
What Vostok and what mod, if I may ask? I have one, but it drives me a little crazy beyond the general look.
Think it’s the Scuba? Probably switch up the bezel, but not sure. I love my PADI and wearing it daily. I rock the Jack Mason at night with the leather band, but still wear my PADI a lot at night too, but sometimes I’m too lazy to wash and clean it good after hitting the pools.

Air Force Horn

Member Who Talks
Jan 6, 2012
Think it’s the Scuba? Probably switch up the bezel, but not sure. I love my PADI and wearing it daily. I rock the Jack Mason at night with the leather band, but still wear my PADI a lot at night too, but sometimes I’m too lazy to wash and clean it good after hitting the pools.
Okay. The one I got is a blue Vostok Europe Limousine. Love the look (albeit not typical in my collection), hate the execution.

What PADI did you purchase? What about the Jack Mason?

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
Okay. The one I got is a blue Vostok Europe Limousine. Love the look (albeit not typical in my collection), hate the execution.

What PADI did you purchase? What about the Jack Mason?
Post a pic or a link to yours if you have it. The PADI is similar to the one @Eric Nahlin posted last week, but with the Pepsi bezel. You buy that one Eric? The one I have is one @SAhornfan turned me onto and I love it. Will try and find a link or pic. Posted it when I bought it, but been a year or year and a half now. Love it!

As for the Jack Mason, it’s a quartz with a perforated leather band my mom bought me for Christmas. On sale for $79 and usually $229. It’s a quartz, but I don’t care. I love it! Probably going to buy another one at some point. They have good sales and really good style. I have a buddy up here who’s a big fan of them too as he has got some really cheap and also have good quality for the price. Also, still want a Spinnaker, while on the cheaper watches.

Air Force Horn

Member Who Talks
Jan 6, 2012
Post a pic or a link to yours if you have it. The PADI is similar to the one @Eric Nahlin posted last week, but with the Pepsi bezel. You buy that one Eric? The one I have is one @SAhornfan turned me onto and I love it. Will try and find a link or pic. Posted it when I bought it, but been a year or year and a half now. Love it!

As for the Jack Mason, it’s a quartz with a perforated leather band my mom bought me for Christmas. On sale for $79 and usually $229. It’s a quartz, but I don’t care. I love it! Probably going to buy another one at some point. They have good sales and really good style. I have a buddy up here who’s a big fan of them too as he has got some really cheap and also have good quality for the price. Also, still want a Spinnaker, while on the cheaper watches.
Will do on the pic.

I have a few Jack Mason Aviators. I like the design, and they were cheap pick ups. They're fun watches that don't break the bank. They work very well with my Haveston Service Series NATOs, by far my favorite NATO straps.

• Angry
Reactions: Sneezybeltran

Air Force Horn

Member Who Talks
Jan 6, 2012
Forgot to ask

Forgot to ask... Which Spinnaker are you looking for? I have a Bradner that I'm thinking about selling. I'd be happy to contact you first if that's the one you're after.

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
I want to find a cheaper Seiko and/or a used one to get some MODS done. Here's a site I found and I like their stuff and how they look on watches, so I figured I would share with you ladies.

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
Gavox Avidiver in blue just popped back up in case anyone is interested...

forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-gavox-avidiver-4991265.html#/topics/4991265
That's a cool watch. You going to get it? How's the price? I'm not familiar with them.

Air Force Horn

Member Who Talks
Jan 6, 2012
I want to find a cheaper Seiko and/or a used one to get some MODS done. Here's a site I found and I like their stuff and how they look on watches, so I figured I would share with you ladies.
I just picked up a Seiko 5 that I might mod a bit.

Different watch in question, but has anybody here ever upgraded the movement in an SKX?

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
Forgot to ask
Forgot to ask... Which Spinnaker are you looking for? I have a Bradner that I'm thinking about selling. I'd be happy to contact you first if that's the one you're after.
Forgot to respond, but not sure. I looked up the Bradner, but that's not it. I'm trying to look some up and see if I can figure out what it is.

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
I was actually looking at their site today and started really digging the Spence (I seem to recall) series. The "drab" ones might be calling my name.
This one might be calling my name. Closing it out though and trying to forget I was looking at it, haha.

Air Force Horn

Member Who Talks
Jan 6, 2012
This one might be calling my name. Closing it out though and trying to forget I was looking at it, haha.
Yep, same series! Here are the two I like...

I just kinda dig the looks of these for some reason.

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
Yep, same series! Here are the two I like...

I just kinda dig microbrands for some reason.
Good taste, especially the 02. What's a microbrand? Them? Or Jack Mason?

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
I went back and changed the verbiage because, to be fair, Spinnaker is part of a larger consortium rather than a true micro. Of course, I can't remember the other brands they are associated with at the moment.
I believe they have some Seiko movements in some of their watches.