bad ad

editionshield

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
why is it that this ad keeps showing up occasionally in the lower right portion of the page on the site:

you'd think CollegeLuggage.Com would be a little bit smarter than to put ads for aggy baggage on a UT site, eh?

Vinegar Strokes

Oct 29, 2008
why is it that this ad keeps showing up occasionally in the lower right portion of the page on the site:

you'd think CollegeLuggage.Com would be a little bit smarter than to put ads for aggy baggage on a UT site, eh?
The things Clendon will do for a buck. /:)

(jk)

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX

edition
get the adblock add on. It gets rid of all of them.

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
If you use Firefox--which I recommend because it automatically spell checks your typing (I highly recommend that feature for NTH and DJB:p)--click on tools and then on add ons and look for Adblock. I think in IE it's in tools in the upper right corner. I have no clue about Safari.

Vinegar Strokes

Oct 29, 2008
OK, well I did that and I now have the red stop sign with "ABP" but the ads are still here. It shows that 0 of 81 blockable items are being blocked, that's not a very good percentage.

Any more advice?

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
OK, well I did that and I now have the red stop sign with "ABP" but the ads are still here. It shows that 0 of 81 blockable items are being blocked, that's not a very good percentage.

Any more advice?
Roll your cursor over the red symbol. Click the down arrow to the right. At the bottom of the drop down, make sure that it's enabled.

editionshield

Oct 29, 2008
by the way, i don't really care much about the ads, just can't figure out why that luggage company would be touting their aggy gear over here instead of longhorn gear.....