Class Of 2010 "Wish List"

cryoburn76

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Oak Harbor, WA
Just for fun, I thought it would be nice to see who and at what position you thought Mack should be looking at for this class.

For Example:

Ahmad Dixon, S
(Midway HS)
Waco, TX,

or

Any Safety to replace Blake Gideon

Last edited:

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
New Braunfels, TX
Just for fun, I thought it would be nice to see who and at what position you thought Mack should be looking at for this class.

For Example:

Ahmad Dixon, S
(Midway HS)
Waco, TX,

or

Are you implying that Blake is not a good football player? If so you need to study the game a bit more. Blake will prove to be one of the best to ever play Safety at UT before he is finished. The kid is smart, great reactions, and can bring the mail. He will be around 3 more years.

golfhorn

Oct 31, 2008
Blake had kind of a rough night tonight, as did Beasley (bigtime). He, unfortunately, missed a gimme pick against tech, but the kid is a true Freshman for the love of God. GMAFB.

jumangi

Member Who Talks
Nov 14, 2008
I am going to have to go against some others on here about Gideon. I just don't see him do much of anything. I don't see him breaking up any passes. I don't ever see him ever laying big hits, I see a lot of missed tackles and really a lot of plays that make you scratch your head and wonder what he was thinking.

The only thing I have seen him really do good is occasionally come on a blitz and be able to get some pressure on the QB.

I just think we can do better back there. And guys like Thomas, Curtis Brown, and Deon Beasley need to get a lot better or they need to be worrying about their places too, because they just aren't lighting the place up either.

golfhorn

Oct 31, 2008
We may be able to do better, but again, freshman. He'll get better. It may be as a back up, but he will get better.

eastexhorn

Member Who Talks
Nov 3, 2008
Blake has to be good Mack recruited him. Then incoming players are always better then vets.

jaytexio1

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
Corey Nelson from the 2010 class is a beast. I don't know how much interest he has in us though.

M

mcb0703

For Example:

Ahmad Dixon, S
(Midway HS)
Waco, TX,

or

It's always amazing to me that people on this board seem to know more about the Texas defense than Will Muschamp...

During your meetings with Muschamp, were you able to show him Gideon's poor performance? Were you able to show how A Williams, C Scott, B Wells, etc had been playing better than Gideon? Can you confirm what Muschamp told you? The reason I ask is because you're obviously an asst coach @ UT with tremendous inside information regarding the practices that have taken place over the entire season...I'm just floored that Mack & Muschamp have not listened to you this entire season...truly unbelievable.

For those that don't know...this poster has been permanently banned from other sites because of his continued hatred and personal attacks against Gideon...honestly, this may be the last site he has access to.

cryoburn76

Oct 29, 2008
Oak Harbor, WA
OK, Just to put this to rest and to get this thread back on the subject, I will make a reply to my statement from last night.

I may have been a just a tiny bit upset about his performance last night which is why I made the statement "Any Safety to replace Blake Gideon". Will he get better, I truly hope so. Do I think that I know more about Defense than Coach Muschamp, NO!!!!

As for the comment "For those that don't know...this poster has been permanently banned from other sites because of his continued hatred and personal attacks against Gideon...honestly, this may be the last site he has access to." I am not a member of any other sites, nor have I ever been banned from any other site. I do not have any personal hatred for this young man nor have I ever launched any personal attacks against him. In Fact if you would like to know I am just a UT football fan and a member of the Armed Forces. I post with my email Address so that anyone who wishes to contact me may. I as well as many other who post here are not members of the coaching staff at UT. This is a public site that may be entered by all and for fans to voice their opinions.

Demarcus Milliner
(Stanhope Elmore HS)
Millbrook, AL

Last edited:

mytopia32

Oct 29, 2008
I'll weigh in on Gideon for a sec: Yeah, he made some mistakes last night, but I also noticed that he did save quite a few TDs with some of his tackles. He's right in the thick of things most of the time, he just seems to be one step or head turn from having that huge play.

As others have pointed out, he is a true freshman and will hopefully improve on a few key areas next year. If not, I have no doubt that Muschamp will play a better player if and when the time comes.

thatboyb

Oct 29, 2008
As i said on the other board. I just think this kid hit his freshman wall probably around that Texas Tech game. I like Blake and think he will get better but i think Christian Scott is a better playmaker and will take his job next season.

My wishlist:
Jackson Jeffcoat
Lasche Seastrunk
D.J. Jones

Last edited:

ChadUT

Oct 29, 2008
Are you implying that Blake is not a good football player? If so you need to study the game a bit more. Blake will prove to be one of the best to ever play Safety at UT before he is finished. The kid is smart, great reactions, and can bring the mail. He will be around 3 more years.
Smart? So was Reed Boyd. I have also witnessed Gideon being smoked time and time again because he is not anywhere near the caliber of athlete of some of the past players who have played safety at time or another. Earl Thomas has potential, Blake not so much.

dnddavis

Oct 29, 2008
Always can count on Jerry Scarbrough:

"The Longhorns will have their first junior orientation day on Saturday, February 8, which is right after the Wednesday, February 5 National Signing Day. Top juniors who say they plan to come to that orientation day include RBs D. J. Jones of Denison and Lache Seastrunk of Temple, QB Connor Wood of Houston Second Baptist, DE Reggie Wilson of Haltom City, OLs Dominic Espinosa of Cedar Park and Evan Washington of DeSoto, DT Tyrus Thompson of Pflugerville, WRs Darius White of Fort Worth Dunbar and Darius Terrell of DeSoto, LBs Aaron Benson of Cedar Hill and Cris Catlin of San Antonio Madison, CB Adrian White of DeSoto and Athletes DeAndre Perry of Austin Bowie and Rashad Favors of Fort Worth Dunbar. Look for seven or eight of those players to commit to the Longhorns right after that junior day."

thatboyb

Oct 29, 2008
RBs D. J. Jones of Denison and Lache Seastrunk of Temple, QB Connor Wood of Houston Second Baptist, WRs Darius White of Fort Worth Dunbar, and Darius Terrell of DeSoto, LBs Aaron Benson of Cedar Hill, CB Adrian White of DeSoto.

I like our chances with these guys!!!!

M

mcb0703

At this time, we are not in good shape with Seastrunk...he & Trovon Reed from LA are looking to play together in college...because of this LSU & USC lead for both...there has been some talk that Seastrunk has spoken with UT recently to let them know he's still very interested in coming to Austin

I wouldn't expect a Junior Day commitment...if he does commit anywhere, I would consider it very soft verbal & I would expect LS to take several official visits before deciding on any school...I would expect LS to make a decision @ next year's All-American Bowl in San Antonio or NSD...but not anytime soon