Class of 2022 OLB Dasan McCullough commits to Ohio State (with quotes)

Gerry Hamilton

ESPN Recruiting Analyst
Staff member
Sep 23, 2009
One of the more versatile prospects in the class of 2022, Dasan McCullough, announced on twitter Tuesday that he will be playing college ball in his home state.

The 6-foot-5, 211-pound safety that will evolve into a versatile OLB committed to Ohio State with a decision that seemed destined for the Buckeyes all along.

“It’ like a hometown pick for me,” Said McCullough. “I’m from Cincinnati. My mom and dad are from there, and my family will get to see me play. It’s great program, and I have great relationships.”

McCullough turned in a stellar performance at the Elite Underclassmen Showcase in Durant, Ok. In Mid-July earning an invite to the 2022 Under Armour All-America Game. At a shade over 6-foot-5 and 211-pounds with a 79-inch wingspan, the son of Kansas City Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough, posted a jaw dropping 6.98 L-cone along with a 4.38 shuttle and 120-inch broad jump.

While McCullough worked out at safety at the camp, his future will be at outside linebacker for the Buckeyes.

“I’m going to play a Hybrid SAM linebacker because of my versatility. I’ll get to drop in coverage and cover, and also rush off the edge,”

The Buckeyes were always the heavy favorite of the more than 40 offers McCullough held with a pair of ACC programs finishing runner up.

“Clemson was real strong. I would say Florida State was really strong, which would surprise people. Besides that, Nebraska was up there too.”

As far as Texas goes, that was more social media hype.

“I never really talked to Texas that much. That was more twitter hype.”

jessnewman83

Member Who Talks
Nov 25, 2016
They have two other 5 star level OLBs committed in the class already. both from ohio. Impressive

Reactions: bHero

EvanPotter7

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 7, 2015
I love this crootin stuff, but tracking kids every moves via social media seems both a waste of perfectly good time and heavy on the creepy/obsessive side. Basically every grown ass man who does that and it doesn’t pertain to their job, I envision as the creepy guy lurking behind the plant gif.

Reactions: lea_horn and sherf1

coolhorn

Nov 11, 2013
How many LBs does tOSU put on the field at a time? They've got five stars sittin' on the bench.

Chadillac

Member Who Talks
Jan 23, 2012
I love this crootin stuff, but tracking kids every moves via social media seems both a waste of perfectly good time and heavy on the creepy/obsessive side. Basically every grown ass man who does that and it doesn’t pertain to their job, I envision as the creepy guy lurking behind the plant gif.
I just envision Taylor Hamm

Reactions: EvanPotter7

tholly

Oct 29, 2008
North Richland Hills, Tx
OhSt currently is the only school capable of challenging bama and Clem for recruiting titles. Fortunately for the rest of us, you can only run 22 starters out there. With maybe 40 top 100 players on the roster, 5 stars on the bench certainly lose some star value. We'd all love to have that bama/Clem/OSU problem, but Im grateful you play the game on the field with 11 on 11 rather than roster on roster