Don't Use a Metal Straw folks.

calvin farquhar

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 19, 2017
Remember when mom told you not to run with scissors in your hand. In 2019 that is updated to include metal straws. Sure, you look cool and think you're saving the planet, but the consequences can be fatal.

Reactions: futures2015

ole tnhorn

Jan 31, 2012
Remember when mom told you not to run with scissors in your hand. In 2019 that is updated to include metal straws. Sure, you look cool and think you're saving the planet, but the consequences can be fatal.

I've got a list of people that will be getting metal straws for birthdays and Christmas

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Two awful takes given the context
I feel like some read the headline and that's it, but yeah showing their asses for sure on this thread.
Yeah, ok, clearly I was making fun of the incident. Two of the worst interpretations of my comment, showing your asses in the process.

Yes, I read the article, even the part about the women's wife.

Reactions: texvet16

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
  • ♥ Colorful Variety Pack:Each set contains 200 colorful striped straws:8 colors, 25 each - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Light Blue, Purple, and Pink
  • ♥ Eco-Friendly & Disposable:Made with biodegradable, environmentally conscious materials, and food safe ink. BPA FREE, FDA APPROVED. A safe and suitable alternative to plastic, these straws are compostable and biodegradable. Made with eco-friendly plastic-free packaging.
  • ♥ Fun and Versatile:Ideal for themed parties and holidays. These are a perfect addition to any party, potluck, or daily kitchen use.
  • ♥ STEMS Guarantee: We're here to help make changes that support a healthy planet. If for some reason you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, send it back within 30 days to receive a refund.

other choices available on Amazon
$7.99 plus tax, Prime Friday delivery if you order by midnight CDT

windycityhorn

Jun 11, 2012
We do metal straws on our house. It’s all good but they’re a bitch to clean. They do make for deadly weapons but I suppose a plastic straw, deployed correctly, could also kill.

This is one of those issues where people focus on one thing — straws — when the bigger issue is overall how much plastic we produce that is never recycled or can’t be. That stuff lasts pretty much forever and a ton of it ends up in the ocean. Oh well, just another problem our kids and grandkids will have to deal with.

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
We do metal straws on our house. It’s all good but they’re a bitch to clean. They do make for deadly weapons but I suppose a plastic straw, deployed correctly, could also kill.

This is one of those issues where people focus on one thing — straws — when the bigger issue is overall how much plastic we produce that is never recycled or can’t be. That stuff lasts pretty much forever and a ton of it ends up in the ocean. Oh well, just another problem our kids and grandkids will have to deal with.
Quit bitchin' and join the movement. You also get a cool bracelet that I suspect will show up in the belly of some dead animal, someday. https://4ocean.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMPYlbpt3ToMazqle72o4I665lMUQylTzhRcZaWQ1bmgpDshTfrcL4hoCOdwQAvD_BwE

Reactions: windycityhorn