Erdogan promises to resign if proof is shown that Turkey deals Daesh oil

40A

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Anybody believe him?

http://www.todayszaman.com/diplomacy_putin-says-isil-oil-goes-through-turkey-erdogan-vows-to-resign-if-claims-proven_405752.html

Speaking at the global climate conference in Paris, Putin added that the decision to shoot down the plane was a "huge mistake" and that he had not met Erdoğan on Monday, despite them both being in Paris. "We have received additional data which confirm that [ISIL] oil ... enters the territory of Turkey," Putin said. "The decision to shoot down the plane was dictated specifically by a desire to defend supplies."

Erdoğan, who has called claims that Turkey buys oil from ISIL "slander," on Monday called on Putin to prove his claims. “If he can, I would not remain in this post. I am asking Putin, would you [stay in your post if you fail to prove these claims]?” Erdoğan asked while speaking to reporters in Paris.
I tell you what, if Turkey wasn't in NATO...

Reactions: Sneezybeltran

Gamma

Nov 11, 2015
Hopefully the Russians will be able to provide video evidence of long lines of ISIS oil trucks snaking across the border into Turkey. I’m sure that with our superior surveillance and information gathering capabilities that we already have the proof, but I doubt that the Obama administration will be willing to talk about it. You know, we don’t fink on a NATO ally kind of thing. Not a problem though. If it’s been happening, Russia will be able to document it. Erdogan has been playing both sides of the fence in our war against ISIS, and there are few people anywhere who aren’t aware of it. Our NATO allies haven't said anything about it publicly, but I can’t imagine them tolerating Turkey’s duplicity for very much longer. Bottom line, ISIS is the enemy of Western Civilization and the entire civilized world, and anyone who aids or abets them is an accomplice and should be treated accordingly.

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Hopefully the Russians will be able to provide video evidence of long lines of ISIS oil trucks snaking across the border into Turkey. I’m sure that with our superior surveillance and information gathering capabilities that we already have the proof, but I doubt that the Obama administration will be willing to talk about it. You know, we don’t fink on a NATO ally kind of thing. Not a problem though. If it’s been happening, Russia will be able to document it. Erdogan has been playing both sides of the fence in our war against ISIS, and there are few people anywhere who aren’t aware of it. Our NATO allies haven't said anything about it publicly, but I can’t imagine them tolerating Turkey’s duplicity for very much longer. Bottom line, ISIS is the enemy of Western Civilization and the entire civilized world, and anyone who aids or abets them is an accomplice and should be treated accordingly.
I don't want to jump to conclusions without all the evidence, and I doubt we ever get all the evidence.

But I would not be surprised if Russia was attempting to recon Turkey and their deeds as we've bombed oil trucks on the border of Turkey before. Hell, I think we can document it ourselves, and don't need Russia to do it.

Which begs the question - why haven't we outed Turkey?

Gamma

Nov 11, 2015
I don't want to jump to conclusions without all the evidence, and I doubt we ever get all the evidence.

But I would not be surprised if Russia was attempting to recon Turkey and their deeds as we've bombed oil trucks on the border of Turkey before. Hell, I think we can document it ourselves, and don't need Russia to do it.

Which begs the question - why haven't we outed Turkey?
My take is that NATO is a very clubby sort of thing, and no one likes to talk about the dirty laundry of other members. Unfortunately, we’re in bed with Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States who are some of the biggest exporters and financiers of Islamic terrorism on the planet, and that’s been the case since the OPEC oil embargo of 1973. All that may be changing though. The reality of the situation is that the cold-blooded execution of concert fans at a music hall in Paris may have been the turning point in the minds of most Westerners. The good news is that there is enough recoverable oil and natural gas in the world today that we don’t really need the Middle East anymore, and if we had to part ways with them in order to protect Westerners for more attacks by Islamic radicals, we now have the capability of doing it

cctxfan

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Why is Turkey all a sudden the bad guy and not Russia? Perhaps they are both equal bad guys...

But let's look at some facts:

Russia is no saint. They have been selling weapons to, and are now propping up the government of Syria, a state the US has long considered a sponsor of terror. They also sell weapons to North Korea and Iran. And they aid Iran in selling their banned oil. Oh, did I mention all the nuclear and ballistic technology Iran gets from Russia?

Turkey: If it's true they are buying oil from ISIL, that's not good. Nobody wants that and they should be taken to task. But as to the airstrikes Russia was conducting and the shooting down of the Russian bomber, US intelligence has verified the plane was in Turkish airspace for up to 30 seconds. And more importantly, multiple US intelligence sources have stated that ISIL was *not* operating in the area that the Russians were bombing. If that's correct, it goes along with the Turkish claim that, ultimately they were both defending the Turkmen and their airspace. Not only that, it destroys the Russian theory that Turkey was protecting ISIL oil supply lines.

Last edited:

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Why is Turkey all a sudden the bad guy and not Russia? Perhaps they are both equal bad guys...

Russia is no saint. They have been selling weapons to, and are now propping up the government of Syria, a state the US has long considered a sponsor of terror. They also sell weapons to North Korea and Iran. And they aid Iran in selling their banned oil. Oh, did I mention all the nuclear and ballistic technology Iran gets from Russia?

Turkey: If it's true they are buying oil from ISIL, that's not good. Nobody wants that and they should be taken to task. But as to the airstrikes Russia was conducting and the shooting down of the Russian bomber, US intelligence has verified the plane was in Turkish airspace for up to 30 seconds. And more importantly, multiple US intelligence sources have stated that ISIL was *not* operating in the area that the Russians were bombing. If that's correct, it goes along with the Turkish claim that, ultimately they were both defending the Turkmen and their airspace. Not only that, it destroys the Russian theory that Turkey was protecting ISIL oil supply lines.
Yeah I'm not propping up Russia at all - not sure where you're getting that.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015

http://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-05-15/turkey-foreign-minister-says-s-400-purchase-delay-not-on-agenda

Turkey Snubs U.S. Request to Delay Russian Missile Purchase
By
Firat Kozok
May 15, 2019,

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Turkey rebuffed a U.S. request to postpone the purchase of a Russian missile-defense system in a move that could further strain ties between the NATO allies.

“A delay or halt at this point is out of the question, it’s not on our agenda,” Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told reporters in Ankara on Wednesday. “Why should we talk about a delay? It’s a done deal.”