Drag to reposition cover

Game/Player Notes: Argyle @ Pleasant Grove

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Last night’s clash between Argyle and Texarkana Pleasant Grove, two of the top teams in 4A, matched the pregame hype.

Argyle built a big second half lead, but PG kept punching. In the end, the Eagles were just too much. 52-41, Argyle.

Pleasant Grove

2021 DE Landon Jackson - LSU: Locked into the Tigers. Texas is still pushing and won’t stop until NSD.

2021 LB/RB Nick Martin: Holds a dozen offers, but Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Kansas State stand out today.

2021 DL Torey Phillips: Dude is 6-foot-3, 290 pounds. He’s gotten bigger and hears from North Texas, Arkansas State, and others. Late bloomer.

2024 RB/DB Jaylen Boardley: Freshman starter is a name to remember. He looks like a ready-made senior with his size and ability. He’ll have 25+ offers in two years. Dude.

Argyle

2021 QB CJ Rogers: Senior signal-caller is hearing from Tulsa, SFA, and others, but that’s about to change. I had half-a-dozen college coaches hit me up last night asking about him including Syracuse, Colorado State, and UTSA.

2021 OT Jack Tucker - TEXAS TECH: The Red Raider pledge is big At 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds, but he’s still skinny. The right strength and conditioning program will do wonders for Tucker.

2022 OL Sheridan Wilson: This guard is one to watch. Handful of schools reaching out.

2021 TE Jasper Lott: This prospect might be a tad underrated despite offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. He’s leaning toward heading to the SEC, for what it’s worth. I think he could be a tackle project.

2021 WR Cole Kirkpatrick: A receiver with legit speed, good hands, and great route-running. Rice and some Ivies have offered, but he might have more on the way.

I’ll be shocked if both of these teams don’t make a long run in the playoffs in 2020.

wabash

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Apr 3, 2017
I was so impressed with Cole Kirkpatrick and CJ Rogers, I watched them dominate the first half en route to a blowout of Top 10 Decatur.. but doing this against PG is a different level. Also liked what I saw from Sheridan Wilson but I’d probably need to rewatch to get a complete feel.

Nick Martin was as impressive as ever, can’t shower enough praise on that kid.

Abe Lemons

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 28, 2012
Great write-up, Justin, enjoyed meeting you.

Argyle’s Cole and Sheridan will be awesome at the next level. Jasper and Jack are also super, almost surely will become multi-year starters in FBS.

RB Tito Byce (Navy and UIW offers) didn’t suit up last night as a precaution. Freak... could play RB, LB or slot in college.

Newcomer Cash Walker has hardly been targeted yet — had a great TD catch last night and a long catch for a TD last week, showing off his 4.45 wheels and fluid hips/feet. Works his ass off training, he’ll be targeted a lot more over the next few weeks and get more interest (currently SFA, SMU, and a handful of smaller schools).

Several other younger players have college potential.

Reactions: Toadvine and wabash

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Great write-up, Justin, enjoyed meeting you.

Argyle’s Cole and Sheridan will be awesome at the next level. Jasper and Jack are also super, almost surely will become multi-year starters in FBS.

RB Tito Byce (Navy and UIW offers) didn’t suit up last night as a precaution. Freak... could play RB, LB or slot in college.

Newcomer Cash Walker has hardly been targeted yet — had a great TD catch last night and a long catch for a TD last week, showing off his 4.45 wheels and fluid hips/feet. Works his ass off training, he’ll be targeted a lot more over the next few weeks and get more interest (currently SFA, SMU, and a handful of smaller schools).

Several other younger players have college potential.
Argyle was deep. I believe it.

Reactions: wabash

gagetull

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
Wish we had gone after Jasper Lott, who is being recruited as an OT. Willing blocker as a skinny TE but needs a couple of years with Yancy. Very good athlete.

Reactions: Toadvine