GoT Final Season

J Galt

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 9, 2012
Lake Highlands, Dallas
Sansa is the only one bringing up legitimate questions that are pertinent to winning the war and making sure people can stay alive afterwards, AND is the only one who has Cersei pegged at this juncture. Just like she was the only one that really had Ramsay pegged (and pretty much won the Battle of the Bastards for Jon). Hate on her all you want, but the other characters ignore her to their own detriment.
She's easily my biggest crush on the show too, for what that's worth.

How many people does Arya know anyway? And who is the smartest person on the show? Sam, I guess? They're mostly all kinda dumb in their own ways.
I know his advice has been wrong but I still think Tyrion is the guy I want doing my thinking. He, like many literary heroes, is simply bound by an honor code that the often doesn't constrain the villains.

Reactions: TexanBlood

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
I hated the drawn out Sansa and Arya beef last season. It just made no sense that Bran would wait until the end to tell them Littlefinger was playing them. Totally unbelievable storyline.
I don't believe Bran 'knows everything that's taken place' ever. He knows a lot of what's happened in the past and what the old 3-eyed Raven saw, but remember he's training ended early so there's a good chunk he doesn't know. His green sight isn't like his visions of the past, he can see some of everyone's future, but not everything. He knows more about what is currently taking place due to his raven flock he sends out.

They still had to put all the pieces together; knowing he betrayed his father, where the dagger came from originally, how he manipulated Sansa, etc. They couldn't just set him up instantly b/c he still had the power of the Vail, they had to play along with his game to keep him from killing one of them. Arya was also skeptical given who she was now A) friends with and B) what she saw the day her father was killed.

clark griswold

Member Who Talks
Nov 19, 2016
Wally World
I don't believe Bran 'knows everything that's taken place' ever. He knows a lot of what's happened in the past and what the old 3-eyed Raven saw, but remember he's training ended early so there's a good chunk he doesn't know. His green sight isn't like his visions of the past, he can see some of everyone's future, but not everything. He knows more about what is currently taking place due to his raven flock he sends out.

They still had to put all the pieces together; knowing he betrayed his father, where the dagger came from originally, how he manipulated Sansa, etc. They couldn't just set him up instantly b/c he still had the power of the Vail, they had to play along with his game to keep him from killing one of them. Arya was also skeptical given who she was now A) friends with and B) what she saw the day her father was killed.
Yea but he pegged Littlefinger with the “chaos is a ladder” thing way early in the season. I agree he doesn’t know everything but I do believe he’s capable of knowing anything as relates to past. I think his green sight comes from the his creepy stares when in the company of someone so he should’ve known what Littlefinger was up to in basically real time.

Reactions: rawb_stark

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Yea but he pegged Littlefinger with the “chaos is a ladder” thing way early in the season. I agree he doesn’t know everything but I do believe he’s capable of knowing anything as relates to past. I think his green sight comes from the his creepy stares when in the company of someone so he should’ve known what Littlefinger was up to in basically real time.
Agreed, but their plot was to gain control of the Vail army. Up until that execution, the leader was LF’s bitch boy.

J Galt

Feb 9, 2012
Lake Highlands, Dallas
Bran was aware of Littlefinger’s intentions the whole time. He clearly knew his role in Ned’s arrest and was aware of the “chaos is a ladder” speech. It’s one of the frustrating aspects of the way season 7 was written. It’s as if since much of this wasn’t coming from Martin himself, the show writers tried to inject plot suspense and twists but wildly failed at congruence.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
So what’s everyone’s feelings on the prequel to hopefully come out in 2020? If you love the GoT lore and haven’t read “A World of Fire and Ice”, I highly recommend it. I am just as excited about the prequel as I am to GoT. If done correctly, it can be better.

Reactions: rawb_stark

rodofdisaster

Nov 27, 2016
Northeast USA
My 2-cents-that-may-only-interest-me:

I will vote "like" on the premiere. I think that's only because I have grown to expect that the premieres on this show are slow-paced and methodical, trying to lay ground work. That means that they aren't always exciting. Since they've killed off a lot of primary characters, it's surprising that there are this many characters to catch up on.

1. Cersei/Euron - I really can't stand either of them but I think that I would agree that he will meet his demise in the not-to-distant future and the only question is what bizarre and medieval mechanism will be employed. He's such a trope that we don't really need to waste screen time on him or his phallic insecurities. I still am thinking that Cersei meets her end at the hands of Arya who's known to cut a bi**h. In the larger picture, I understand the importance of Cersei's being pregnant but I don't know how it relates to the plot at hand. I mean nine months is nine months and the other chick gives birth to dragons.

2. Sansa - The one character who finds new ways to be annoying. I agree that she may be the "only one who gets it" but, at the same time, she's taken back her faith in Jon. She isn't the stupid little girl she used to be but she's every bit as annoying at times. She may be the antagonist that we need though. I sympathize with any woman who's been betrothed to Joffrey, Tyrion and Ramsey Bolton. With all of that said, her blue eyes make for perfect winter-grey contrast in the Winterfell scenes. Love it.

3. Brienne/Thorvald/Jamie/The Hound - I have always felt that Brienne would disappear unnecessarily and that she's a good actress playing an interesting character who's not used to their fullest effect. I hope she finds love after all. Thorvald buddy...you're first in my death pool. Don't even think I could get even money on you. The Hound is someone I have a hard time trying to figure out in terms of what the plans for him are. Is he just going to take out loads of WWs as he dives into the mob to save a group of children or is he just going to do fight stuff here and there until Arya smokes his ass? Jamie...oh Jamie. At least Jon Snow doesn't KNOW he's committing incest. The brilliance of the Kingslayer character (beyond the actor's brilliance in portrayal) is the fact that, unlike his sister, he has a conscience. He's less self-absorbed and perhaps this is where he and Tyrion have really shined as Lannisters.

4. Arya gonna mess some dudes up (and bi**es too).

5. Jon Snow - I think it would be a tall order for him to lose Ygritte, get brought back from the dead and die yet again. Not impossible but I think this is going to end up with him taking the throne and Danaerys sacrificing herself to allow him to do so. Samwell Tarly is your Hand of the King (and that would be awesome). I have always liked Jon Snow but I think he's led around by the women in his life a bit much.

6. Danaerys - always has been my favorite female character. Emilia Clarke makes me swoon and my wife knows it. Don't mess with Khaleesi. I just see so many ways she doesn't survive to rule and that's bothersome.

7. The Night King - As much as we've waited for this story line to develop, I just don't want it to dominate the final episodes as I feel we're so much more invested in the characters we've spent seven previous seasons getting to know.

8. Bronn - I hope he doesn't die (soon). So much comic relief with this dude.

I suppose that, for me, the real question is whether Hollywood takes this over and it finishes in some predictable ending or if there will be serious curveball action here.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona

I will vote "like" on the premiere. I think that's only because I have grown to expect that the premieres on this show are slow-paced and methodical, trying to lay ground work. That means that they aren't always exciting. Since they've killed off a lot of primary characters, it's surprising that there are this many characters to catch up on.

1. Cersei/Euron - I really can't stand either of them but I think that I would agree that he will meet his demise in the not-to-distant future and the only question is what bizarre and medieval mechanism will be employed. He's such a trope that we don't really need to waste screen time on him or his phallic insecurities. I still am thinking that Cersei meets her end at the hands of Arya who's known to cut a bi**h. In the larger picture, I understand the importance of Cersei's being pregnant but I don't know how it relates to the plot at hand. I mean nine months is nine months and the other chick gives birth to dragons.

2. Sansa - The one character who finds new ways to be annoying. I agree that she may be the "only one who gets it" but, at the same time, she's taken back her faith in Jon. She isn't the stupid little girl she used to be but she's every bit as annoying at times. She may be the antagonist that we need though. I sympathize with any woman who's been betrothed to Joffrey, Tyrion and Ramsey Bolton. With all of that said, her blue eyes make for perfect winter-grey contrast in the Winterfell scenes. Love it.

3. Brienne/Thorvald/Jamie/The Hound - I have always felt that Brienne would disappear unnecessarily and that she's a good actress playing an interesting character who's not used to their fullest effect. I hope she finds love after all. Thorvald buddy...you're first in my death pool. Don't even think I could get even money on you. The Hound is someone I have a hard time trying to figure out in terms of what the plans for him are. Is he just going to take out loads of WWs as he dives into the mob to save a group of children or is he just going to do fight stuff here and there until Arya smokes his ass? Jamie...oh Jamie. At least Jon Snow doesn't KNOW he's committing incest. The brilliance of the Kingslayer character (beyond the actor's brilliance in portrayal) is the fact that, unlike his sister, he has a conscience. He's less self-absorbed and perhaps this is where he and Tyrion have really shined as Lannisters.

5. Jon Snow - I think it would be a tall order for him to lose Ygritte, get brought back from the dead and die yet again. Not impossible but I think this is going to end up with him taking the throne and Danaerys sacrificing herself to allow him to do so. Samwell Tarly is your Hand of the King (and that would be awesome). I have always liked Jon Snow but I think he's led around by the women in his life a bit much.

6. Danaerys - always has been my favorite female character. Emilia Clarke makes me swoon and my wife knows it. Don't mess with Khaleesi. I just see so many ways she doesn't survive to rule and that's bothersome.

7. The Night King - As much as we've waited for this story line to develop, I just don't want it to dominate the final episodes as I feel we're so much more invested in the characters we've spent seven previous seasons getting to know.

I suppose that, for me, the real question is whether Hollywood takes this over and it finishes in some predictable ending or if there will be serious curveball action here.
For me as long as it actually closes, has an ending not up for interpretation, I will be fairly happy. The writers expressed an affection for how Sopranos ended, and I hope dearly they don’t do the same. At one time an ending like that was okay, but it started to become a trend for people who cannot effectively close a storyline.

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
So what’s everyone’s feelings on the prequel to hopefully come out in 2020? If you love the GoT lore and haven’t read “A World of Fire and Ice”, I highly recommend it. I am just as excited about the prequel as I am to GoT. If done correctly, it can be better.
I’m fully invested in the prequels. Too many good story lines to allow them to go to waste. I have been hoping they’d do some type of trilogy movies for Aegon/Sister Wives. Potentially backstory of Golden Company (Targaryans’ step family).

Reactions: eodhorn

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Sansa had people hating her for being “annoying little girl” and going along with everyone, now same group hates her for being the opposite.

The fascinating aspect of her story arch is in season 1 all she wanted to be was Queen Cersei. Now in Season 8, she’s S01 Cersei with her love of family, wits, distrust and even down to her mannerisms.It’s a terrific acting job that Sophie Turner has done.

I think the issue with the “jet packing” is there are conversations they simply don’t finish bc of timing. Sansa tells Jon she has faith in him, but wants him to be honest back to him about when he finally bent the knee. We Dk if he told her, the chick saved me riding a damn dragon and risked her life for me/The North. Chances are he told the story or she’ll find out from Bran, but we won’t be privy to that. Just like we weren’t privy to all the scheming that Sansa/Arya/Bran had last season until it was revealed, which at the time was an outstanding reveal bc everyone thought Arya was dead until Sansa said, “Littlefinger.”

clark griswold

Member Who Talks
Nov 19, 2016
Wally World

Oh no you didn’t just call Tormund Torbald. Him and Brienne will make monster babies and live happily ever after.

clark griswold

Member Who Talks
Nov 19, 2016
Wally World
They need to get on with producing that damn thing. I don’t want to wait 2 years for it. Hope it’s good. I’ll definitely watch.

Don’t want to make another thread but I was excited to see they’re putting out a Deadwood movie next month. Loved that series and I’m curious how they’ll wrap it up.

Reactions: PFD and eodhorn

J Galt

Feb 9, 2012
Lake Highlands, Dallas

1. I hope you’re right: Euron meets a distasteful end. Arya sticks Cersei.

2. I give Sansa a huge benefit of the doubt precisely because of her experiences. She’s survived, thrived, and is supremely practical. Such is the burden of leadership.

3/4. Sandor will battle Gregor at some point.

5/6. Agreed. Jon is the “chosen” and the only “pure” hero. He doesn’t die again. I hate to say it but Dany may be the fallen heroin.

7. The threat of the Night king ends by episode 3. The battle of Winterfell will settle it. The rest of the season will be the fate of the living.

8. No need for him to die. He’s every viewers “fool”. He could die but it serves no dramatic purpose. More likely he continues to be an inconsequential fan favorite.

Hollywood is going to be the finish in that the dead are defeated and Cersei thereafter. I think the curveball would simply be the death of significant characters. Does Dany survive? Does Tyrion survive? Do Jon, Sansa, Arya, Bran survive? Evil is going to lose. The question is the cost.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
They need to get on with producing that damn thing. I don’t want to wait 2 years for it. Hope it’s good. I’ll definitely watch.

Don’t want to make another thread but I was excited to see they’re putting out a Deadwood movie next month. Loved that series and I’m curious how they’ll wrap it up.
Filming supposedly starts this summer aiming for a 2020 release. Cast is pretty much complete.

I also look forward to Deadwood. Is Kim Dickens in it? I miss her on FTWD.

Reactions: Robert STRONG

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
I’m fully invested in the prequels. Too many good story lines to allow them to go to waste. I have been hoping they’d do some type of trilogy movies for Aegon/Sister Wives. Potentially backstory of Golden Company (Targaryans’ step family).
Have you read “A World of Fire and Ice” ? There is soo many great stories to tell...

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Have you read “A World of Fire and Ice” ? There is soo many great stories to tell...
Not yet, I’m not much of a reader. However, all of their backstories have fascinated me and I’ve gone done a number of rabbit holes in regards to them. So I’ve considered picking it up and reading over the summer.

The backstory of “Battle of the Trident” and Rob’s rebellion would be an awesome season as well. Apparently Robby B. was a total BAMF and was just a POS in the show/story picked up.

Reactions: J Galt and eodhorn

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
Not yet, I’m not much of a reader. However, all of their backstories have fascinated me and I’ve gone done a number of rabbit holes in regards to them. So I’ve considered picking it up and reading over the summer.

The backstory of “Battle of the Trident” and Rob’s rebellion would be an awesome season as well. Apparently Robby B. was a total BAMF and was just a POS in the show/story picked up.
Good news! It has lots of pictures! It’s somewhere between a graphic novel and a regular book. So definitely don’t have to be a big reader to enjoy it. Also it’s broken up quite will, basically covers from before the first men to right before Tommens death if I remember correctly. For me the coolest thing is the Mad King and Tywin Lannister we’re best friends as kids, and Tywin became the cold son of a bitch he is because of how the mad king changed and treated him.

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Good news! It has lots of pictures! It’s somewhere between a graphic novel and a regular book. So definitely don’t have to be a big reader to enjoy it. Also it’s broken up quite will, basically covers from before the first men to right before Tommens death if I remember correctly. For me the coolest thing is the Mad King and Tywin Lannister we’re best friends as kids, and Tywin became the cold son of a bitch he is because of how the mad king changed and treated him.
May or may not have cucked him on a few occasions too.

Campbell95

Aug 16, 2011
Has anyone here considered the idea that the Night King and all these symbols are a red herring?

Robert STRONG

Jan 12, 2015
I'm in to it, and will definitely watch. HBO is smart to realize what a cash cow GoT could be for them for a long time, and take advantage.

The only thing I worry about with it is the setting. It's called "The Long Night", which was the last time the WW invaded, and nearly won. I hope it's not just a rehash of the same WW invasion we are getting right now. However, there are a lot more interesting things they could focus and expand on beyond WW. The Age of Heroes, Bran the Builder, Lan the Clever, the construction of Storm's End, construction of the Wall, Children of the Forest will be a lot more prevalent, perhaps fighting between the First Men and the Andals, Nymeria bringing the Rhoynar to Dorne, etc. I know a lot of this didn't occur in the Age of Heroes, but they could get creative with it. Beyond "A World of Ice and Fire" and little snippets here and there from the main books (mostly Old Nan), we haven't gotten a ton of information on this so they have a lot of creative freedom.

Campbell95

Aug 16, 2011
Red Herring as in how? The symbols are the same as the symbols the children of the Forest put around the Weirwood Trees. I am not sure the meaning..
A red herring in the sense that while the Night King and his army are the imminent threat, after Winter falls at Winterfell, I think there will be a growing dissension in the group and I doubt Dany will want to give up the crown. I have a feeling the true heartbreak of the show happens after the Night King is defeated.

Reactions: PFD and eodhorn

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
So no one knows yet what era the prequels will be about.
It’s in the Age of Heroes, 8-10K years before the events of GoT. Appears they will be starting fairly close to the time The Wall was built. A lot of origin stories come from this time, including the original namesakes of the great Houses of Westeros.

Reactions: TexanBlood

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
A red herring in the sense that while the Night King and his army are the imminent threat, after Winter falls at Winterfell, I think there will be a growing dissension in the group and I doubt Dany will want to give up the crown. I have a feeling the true heartbreak of the show happens after the Night King is defeated.
Ahh yes. I would agree. I wouldn’t be too surprised if the Battle of Winterfell is actually won against the WW, but at a terrible cost. Then it just gets worse as Cersei attacks the now extremely vulnerable good guys.

Reactions: PFD

Campbell95

Aug 16, 2011
Ahh yes. I would agree. I wouldn’t be too surprised if the Battle of Winterfell is actually won against the WW, but at a terrible cost. Then it just gets worse as Cersei attacks the now extremely vulnerable good guys.
That’s not actually what I think happens. I think Jon is going to have to kill Dany. Dany will find out Jon’s true heritage soon enough and the only thing she’s ever wanted in life is to rule the seven kingdoms. When Tyrion and Varys find out the truth, they’ll likely switch sides because of his better claim to the throne and temperament. Dany still has a massive army and at least one loyal dragon as I think Rhaegal has bonded with Jon now and wouldn’t attack him even if he were asked. Remember Jon is the only one who has ridden Rhaegal. I don’t think the ending is going to go well for anyone. I could go on for hours about how I think this show will end.

Anyone know the number of a good therapist?

Robert STRONG

Jan 12, 2015
That’s not actually what I think happens. I think Jon is going to have to kill Dany. Dany will find out Jon’s true heritage soon enough and the only thing she’s ever wanted in life is to rule the seven kingdoms. When Tyrion and Varys find out the truth, they’ll likely switch sides because of his better claim to the throne and temperament. Dany still has a massive army and at least one loyal dragon as I think Rhaegal has bonded with Jon now and wouldn’t attack him even if he were asked. Remember Jon is the only one who has ridden Rhaegal. I don’t think the ending is going to go well for anyone. I could go on for hours about how I think this show will end.

Anyone know the number of a good therapist?
Hmm GRRM has mentioned a second "Dance of Dragons" will occur in the books. It was thought this would be between Dany and (f)Aegon, a character that has been removed from the show. (Skip ahead if you don't care about the books/backstory) In the books, he shows up with the Golden Company and invades the Stormlands. He claims to be the baby Aegon that was killed by the Mountain during Robert's Rebellion. Varys supposedly switched the babies ahead of time. But the general fan consensus is he's a pretender and likely a Blackfyre, an offshoot of the Targs. He doesn't have any dragons, but it was thought maybe he takes one of Dany's. I had thought the 2nd Dance (if we were getting one in the show) would be between Dany and the Night King, but would be interesting if it was between Dany and Jon after all.

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Hmm GRRM has mentioned a second "Dance of Dragons" will occur in the books. It was thought this would be between Dany and (f)Aegon, a character that has been removed from the show. (Skip ahead if you don't care about the books/backstory) In the books, he shows up with the Golden Company and invades the Stormlands. He claims to be the baby Aegon that was killed by the Mountain during Robert's Rebellion. Varys supposedly switched the babies ahead of time. But the general fan consensus is he's a pretender and likely a Blackfyre, an offshoot of the Targs. He doesn't have any dragons, but it was thought maybe he takes one of Dany's. I had thought the 2nd Dance (if we were getting one in the show) would be between Dany and the Night King, but would be interesting if it was between Dany and Jon after all.
If Dany's story arch is to be this semi-mad person who wants to be powerful the whole time, but hides it and doesn't give into it for years to only finally give in during the final episodes I'll be pissed. It's been hinted at, but to go full turn in a season would really leave me pissed off at the show b/c they should have shown more of that earlier on.

They've said the ending will be bitter sweet and by that I'm taking some of our favorite characters will die to save everyone, my main theory being Dany does and Jon lives on.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Would be ludicrous. If Littlefinger is somehow still alive...ok, maybe it can be done well, but seems dumb at this point, and would really make the entire Winterfell plotline last season a giant waste of time. Or at least, somehow more of a waste of time than it already was.

Yeah now that you mention it, she might actually be the smartest person that Arya knows, which isn't saying much. Unless Hot Pie aced his SAT.
Just a quibble...if five more episodes we are all going to be done with the show anyway...

Robert STRONG

Jan 12, 2015
If Dany's story arch is to be this semi-mad person who wants to be powerful the whole time, but hides it and doesn't give into it for years to only finally give in during the final episodes I'll be pissed. It's been hinted at, but to go full turn in a season would really leave me pissed off at the show b/c they should have shown more of that earlier on.

They've said the ending will be bitter sweet and by that I'm taking some of our favorite characters will die to save everyone, my main theory being Dany does and Jon lives on.
I mostly agree that they could have done a better job hinting at it. Dany is super popular and I think they leaned into that, and gave her a lot of "**** yeah" moments. But we have seen some pretty ****ed up moments as well:
1. Burning Mirri Maaz Duur alive
2. Betraying and burning/slaughtering the masters of Astapor.
3. Crucifying the slavers of Meereen.
4. Burning Dickon/Randyll Tarly.

A lot of these people probably had something coming to them, but these are still atrocious acts. When Stannis/Red Woman do something similar, we are supposed to look at it as horrible. Those around them strongly question it. But when Dany does it, they rarely bat an eye. We did have Tyrion either openly or privately questioning a lot on her last season, so maybe that will continue and build this season.

Overall, Dany's unwavering mission has been to reclaim what she believes is hers, and crush anyone in her path. If Jon becomes an obstacle in that path, I could see her turning on him.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Here’s a thought and a question. In movies they usually want a reasonably satisfying ending so people will see it again or buy it but TV shows don’t have that issue often. Plus this series won’t get syndicated either so that’s out.

The kicker is Martin, who presumably still wants to sell books. An unsatisfying ending will put a big dent in that. So I wonder how much control he has here.

TexanBlood

Jan 22, 2010
Wish it was dos bobby's porch
Here’s a thought and a question. In movies they usually want a reasonably satisfying ending so people will see it again or buy it but TV shows don’t have that issue often. Plus this series won’t get syndicated either so that’s out.

The kicker is Martin, who presumably still wants to sell books. An unsatisfying ending will put a big dent in that. So I wonder how much control he has here.
If it’s an unsatisfying ending he’ll change the ending in the books.

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
1. Burning Mirri Maaz Duur alive
2. Betraying and burning/slaughtering the masters of Astapor.
3. Crucifying the slavers of Meereen.
4. Burning Dickon/Randyll Tarly.
1) She was a witch and I took it as that's the way to handle a witch. Also, always hated her character so didn't care much. Not the same as the random people Stannis was burning b/c some pussy told him to.
2/3) Slavers have always been on her **** list and she hasn't deterred from that. I appreciate that given the conditions Flea Bottom is in, she wants to be there for the lower people.
4) Burning those 2 was no different than beheading them, it was an instant death from the heat. Jon/Robb have both beheaded people for not 'bending the knee' in a sense.

Reactions: J Galt

mytopia32

Oct 29, 2008
What if the series ends with the "good guys" winning, then Dany deciding to "break the wheel" by taking out all of the remaining great houses, thereby eliminating any threat to her on the throne ("Burn them all.")? Based on what Emilia Clark has said about her reaction to the end of the series, and how her final scene plays out, its gotta be something that is going to cause everyone to go "WTH?!?!?"

J Galt

Feb 9, 2012
Lake Highlands, Dallas
What if the series ends with the "good guys" winning, then Dany deciding to "break the wheel" by taking out all of the remaining great houses, thereby eliminating any threat to her on the throne ("Burn them all.")? Based on what Emilia Clark has said about her reaction to the end of the series, and how her final scene plays out, its gotta be something that is going to cause everyone to go "WTH?!?!?"
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

Young Williams

Jan 24, 2012
So am I the only one who thinks the Night King ends on the throne?

I can’t believe how many are expecting a pseudo-happy ending.

I could certainly be wrong, but man...nothing about this show has ever indicated anything of the sort of remotely approaching a happy ending.

I’ve always thought the Night King/White Walkers would annihilate everyone and every thing, and that would be Martin’s final judgment on all of them:

All your striving, all your scheming, all your plotting and conniving and killing and wheeling and dealing and stealing...It’s for nothing. Death wins in the end.

I have some even crazier theories that piggyback alongside of that, but I don’t see anyone putting $ on The Notorious NK.