Inside Texas Top 100: Class of 2021 Summer Edition

jacoblangston1

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Nov 3, 2008
Regis came in way higher than I expected!

Ezra came in higher than anticipated as well.

I’ll take any or all of the Baylor WR commits, thanks

Reactions: connorh333

Ian Boyd

Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
Nahlin: He’s an electric three-phase player who makes plays through a blend of athleticism and diagnostic skill. He needs to be put in a position where he can freelance some, similar to Earl Thomas playing for Will Muschamp. Whether that’s nickel or field safety won’t matter. He can cover, range, and erase space.
I bet field safety in the current scheme. Match up underneath and let him freelance from a robber spot and fly around.

sherf1

Dec 8, 2018
No worries about Tommy missing a whole season and potentially 2?
He was holding his own/dominating at camps as a sophomore against guys a class or two ahead of him (his snaps against Dobrah were fun to watch for both guys), and its not like he's going to be lacking in preparation/physical development given his background. As long as the shoulder is healed, he could not play another snap of HS football and it wouldn't really change anything.

Reactions: becook3108

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
No Lengyel or whoever the **** it was we just offered?
Let's just say UT has a much higher opinion of Lengyel than everyone else. Lengyel is not ranked on 247 either and that list includes the top 279 players in Texas. By comparison, the lowest ranked current Texas 2021 in state commit is Jonathon Brooks at 79.

Of course now that we've offered Lengyel, he'll skyrocket up the recruiting lists.

GoHornsGo90

Aug 3, 2012
Washington DC
We could be wrong, but I love DT prospects like Regis. Leverage winning ability and height with enough arm length and elite athleticism once the move to full time DT transpires. All comes down to physicality to win in the trenches after that.
One thing I've always liked about the IT rankings -- particularly since they're generally released at the end of the cycle when almost everyone has signed -- is they incorporate fit into the projection. Regis seems like a guy who should be ranked wildly different based on going to a school with a good DL coach vs. a school with less of a track record of development.

Considering he's likely between Texas and A&M, both look good in the regard. Especially considering our move to an attacking DL front under Ash, lowering the chances of wasting his abilities like we largely did with Malcolm Roach.

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
Let's just say UT has a much higher opinion of Lengyel than everyone else. Lengyel is not ranked on 247 either and that list includes the top 279 players in Texas. By comparison, the lowest ranked current Texas 2021 in state commit is Jonathon Brooks at 79.

Of course now that we've offered Lengyel, he'll skyrocket up the recruiting lists.
He might hot air balloon up the lists.

Most are just now seeing him for the first time.

Reactions: UTGrad91

matt103455

Jan 15, 2012
If both of these guys were already in and you added the Jesuit OT, I would be happy as a clam with the OL class. Leave the spot open for Brocks (lol), but JFC I don't get what our coaches see with their preferred two choices. Smartest Guys in the Room type bull****.
Haha as I’m sure you’ve seen, I won’t be happy if we land the Jesuit kid. I think he’s at best Taylor Doyle.

If it were me I’d go:
LT- Leyrer
LG- Kamron Scott
C- Ezra
RG- Jacoby Jackson
RT- Hayden Conner

Which if land Myslinski idk what that means for Ezra so you may be able to just switch those two out.

Reactions: rawb_stark

Gerry Hamilton

ESPN Recruiting Analyst
Staff member
Sep 23, 2009
Haha as I’m sure you’ve seen, I won’t be happy if we land the Jesuit kid. I think he’s at best Taylor Doyle.

If it were me I’d go:
LT- Leyrer
LG- Kamron Scott
C- Ezra
RG- Jacoby Jackson
RT- Hayden Conner

Which if land Myslinski idk what that means for Ezra so you may be able to just switch those two out.
Looks stout for Myslisnki ... but I would take/offer Ezra too. G/C ... let it play out. Way too much upside to let walk.

The General

Sep 23, 2009
Also, not a fan of Fatheree after watching him in a couple of full games. He didn't look like he wanted to be there, never played through the whistle, would ball watch while his guy made the tackle, hardly ever won reps, and after seeing some videos of him recently, I'm not sure how athletic he'll end up being ones he's filled out enough to not get driven back regularly. He has ideal length and played basketball, which is a good starting point, and potential left tackles get a positional value bump, but I'm betting he'll finish below his current rank in a redraft in five years.
Better than Lengyel, though.

matt103455

Jan 15, 2012
Sounds like Javon Gipson would be a really good fit for this offense.

Let Cain go. Take JJ Henry and Jaden Alexis. Flip Sturdivant and Gipson. Feast.

WilliamsDavid

Oct 29, 2008
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
1. I have seen the film of all three Centers. Ezra Oyetade is more physical, more athletic, more aggressive, more dominant, and just a better Center and Offensive Lineman than both James Brockermeyer and Michael Myslinski.
2. I really like Terrence Cooks. I really like Terrence Cooks a lot. He is not the 11th best high school football player in the state, though. He has not even been a full time starter yet.
3. Theo Knox, who I like, and Latrell McCutchin, who I do not like, should both be rated considerably lower (better) than they are.
4. Marcus Burris and Bryce Foster, who I both like should both be rated somewhat lower (better) than they are.
5. Along with Ezra Oyetade, of course, Texas should offer a scholarship to and begin recruiting Connor Heffernan.
6. Jonathon Brooks and Juan Davis should both be 4 Star Recruits, and not 89 either, but instead at least 90 or 91. Jonathon Brooks is my favorite 2021 commit for the Longhorns, and yes, some of the reason is because he is from Halletsville. Go Brahmas!
7. Albert Regis and Dematrius Davis should both be rated considerably higher (worse) than they are. Neither of them are top 15 players in the state.
8. The 2021 Texas Recruiting Class will be a top 10 class if Shemar Turner, L. Johnson, Terrence Cooks, Albert Regis, Andrew Mukuba, and Ketron Jackson officially commit to Texas.
9. Billy Bowman should be a 5 Star Recruit.
10. I wonder if Texas gets the official commitments from Ketron Jackson, J. Henry, and Jaden Alexis would Casey Cain be maneuvered from the class.
"Hook Em"

Doc Longhorn

Oct 29, 2008
Houston, Texas
Also, not a fan of Fatheree after watching him in a couple of full games. He didn't look like he wanted to be there, never played through the whistle, would ball watch while his guy made the tackle, hardly ever won reps, and after seeing some videos of him recently, I'm not sure how athletic he'll end up being ones he's filled out enough to not get driven back regularly. He has ideal length and played basketball, which is a good starting point, and potential left tackles get a positional value bump, but I'm betting he'll finish below his current rank in a redraft in five years.
I saw him play a couple of times. When he was across from a player he was superior to, he looked good. When he was across from a player of almost equal size he was easily stood up and non-competitive. His largest asset is he is uncommonly big. That's it.

malaise

Jan 24, 2012
Atchomamahouse
1. I have seen the film of all three Centers. Ezra Oyetade is more physical, more athletic, more aggressive, more dominant, and just a better Center and Offensive Lineman than both James Brockermeyer and Michael Myslinski.
2. I really like Terrence Cooks. I really like Terrence Cooks a lot. He is not the 11th best high school football player in the state, though. He has not even been a full time starter yet.
3. Theo Knox, who I like, and Latrell McCutchin, who I do not like, should both be rated considerably lower (better) than they are.
4. Marcus Burris and Bryce Foster, who I both like should both be rated somewhat lower (better) than they are.
5. Along with Ezra Oyetade, of course, Texas should offer a scholarship to and begin recruiting Connor Heffernan.
6. Jonathon Brooks and Juan Davis should both be 4 Star Recruits, and not 89 either, but instead at least 90 or 91. Jonathon Brooks is my favorite 2021 commit for the Longhorns, and yes, some of the reason is because he is from Halletsville. Go Brahmas!
7. Albert Regis and Dematrius Davis should both be rated considerably higher (worse) than they are. Neither of them are top 15 players in the state.
8. The 2021 Texas Recruiting Class will be a top 10 class if Shemar Turner, L. Johnson, Terrence Cooks, Albert Regis, Andrew Mukuba, and Ketron Jackson officially commit to Texas.
9. Billy Bowman should be a 5 Star Recruit.
10. I wonder if Texas gets the official commitments from Ketron Jackson, J. Henry, and Jaden Alexis would Casey Cain be maneuvered from the class.
"Hook Em"
i think i agree w all but 3 and 7

i think the comp for brooks is eno benjamin. unsure what to think of large juan tbqh

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
"82. Blaine Green, WR, Allen - Oklahoma State

Hamilton: Same measurables as Bryson Green. If you are wondering about Nahlin, Justin Wells and my measurables, I’m way more athletic. I’m also older, so not a good trend line for Nahlin and Wells. Can anyone on the board train a couple of lost causes?"

Since I'm the only former college athlete among the group and the only to dunk, I resemble that remark.