Inside Texas Top 100: Class of 2021 Summer Edition

jacoblangston1

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Nov 3, 2008
@Eric Nahlin @Gerry Hamilton

After wading through all the tape and talking to all your contacts, if you had the keys to the Texas recruiting department

1) Who would you offer today and aggressively pursue?

2) Which of our outstanding offers would you put the full court press on that we currently are slow playing?

This UT recruiting class is odd so far. Some elite, elite talent, and some apparent reaches

stilesbbq

Oct 2, 2019
Is OU gonna try to turn Clayton Smith into what Kenneth Murray was last year? I know a lot of yall think hes a Jack but I wonder if he could fill the "go chase what you see and do violence" role Grinch seems to like

2343horn

Member Who Talks
Jul 26, 2013
The description of T Brockermeyer really stings.

I’m about ready for Saban to retire.

A Texas flip after winning 10 and Cosmi looking good could be the equivalent of A'Shawn and that stupid Rose Bowl Picture Saban hangs behind his desk taking down Mack....Saban and the SEC know there is truly only one program in the entire country that can bring their powerhouse down...and that's why he has that picture for every recruit to see....not LSU, not Auburn, not Florida, not Georgia, nope....Texas....the only force that can bring down the whole SEC machine. Win big, flip 'em and tell Saban good bye.

Bwub60

Jun 27, 2012
Beaumont, Tx
If I have time this weekend ... I'll look back at recent data and run down for the board what Alabama's OL and DL wingspan and hand size were in last 2-3 classes. That will be the elite across the board.
Appreciate it. Just curious what are their cut offs are. Like nope his arms are too short or hands too small. Any weird things coaches looked for too.

malaise

Jan 24, 2012
Atchomamahouse
Appreciate it. Just curious what are their cut offs are. Like nope his arms are too short or hands too small. Any weird things coaches looked for too.

edit: it doesn't say to rub their palm with your finger when you shake their hand so you can finally cut that out, ok?

bevo_pride

Aug 23, 2012
Let's just say UT has a much higher opinion of Lengyel than everyone else. Lengyel is not ranked on 247 either and that list includes the top 279 players in Texas. By comparison, the lowest ranked current Texas 2021 in state commit is Jonathon Brooks at 79.

Of course now that we've offered Lengyel, he'll skyrocket up the recruiting lists.
NOT ONLY because WE offered......but ,
because Lengyel IS a MUCH BETTER Player/Prospect than Wykoff , AND Fatheree are , PERHAPS EVEN put together !?!?! C'mon fellows, get real!!
Ike IS ranked WAY too low , AND Donovan Jackson IS ranked WAY too
high !! So , split the difference , meet them in the middle , AND "you"/"they" would , at least , SEEM more credible!! But , Hook 'em !!

Last edited:

Bwub60

Jun 27, 2012
Beaumont, Tx

edit: it doesn't say to rub their palm with your finger when you shake their hand so you can finally cut that out, ok?
well thats disappointing

Reactions: malaise

sherf1

Dec 8, 2018
"82. Blaine Green, WR, Allen - Oklahoma State

Hamilton: Same measurables as Bryson Green. If you are wondering about Nahlin, Justin Wells and my measurables, I’m way more athletic. I’m also older, so not a good trend line for Nahlin and Wells. Can anyone on the board train a couple of lost causes?"

Since I'm the only former college athlete among the group and the only to dunk, I resemble that remark.
1596658768223.png

Selvinsankle

Oct 29, 2008
My problem with putting offensive linemen in the top two spots is OL is probably the most difficult position group to project su;ccess from HS to the collegiate level. Some look like sure-fire stars as 11th-graders but have already maxed out. For instance, the statement that Brockermeyer was 6-5 in 8th grade tells me he's done growing.

OTOH, you'll often see 3-* kids in HS get to college and keep growing & putting on muscle. They grow into consensus all-conference OL.

Reactions: Eric Nahlin

sherf1

Dec 8, 2018
My problem with putting offensive linemen in the top two spots is OL is probably the most difficult position group to project su;ccess from HS to the collegiate level. Some look like sure-fire stars as 11th-graders but have already maxed out. For instance, the statement that Brockermeyer was 6-5 in 8th grade tells me he's done growing.

OTOH, you'll often see 3-* kids in HS get to college and keep growing & putting on muscle. They grow into consensus all-conference OL.
6-5 to 6-6 is ideal OL size, so being done growing isn't a bad thing here.

There's value in diamond in the rough types that have the attributes and just need to be taught the technique and fed right. But that should not discount from the guy who possesses every ideal characteristic AND has an NFL O lineman as a father.

Reactions: matt103455

HWier

Member Who Talks
Dec 5, 2010
Wow. I can’t believe my alma mater is on here.

@Gerry Hamilton did you get to watch Jeremy Moses from Baytown Lee ever? I think he was better than Drew Tate. Best high school QB I’ve seen before he had his nasty leg injury against North Shore in the playoffs.

LosHorn

Sep 12, 2013
Looks stout for Myslisnki ... but I would take/offer Ezra too. G/C ... let it play out. Way too much upside to let walk.
This. Regardless of how many interior bodies we may have, the room is not good enough to let him pass. Take one less three star flyer later.

wabash

Member Who Talks
Apr 3, 2017
73. Tate Williams, OG, Wall - Baylor

Hamilton: Senior riser with college coaches right here.

Nahlin: Great off the ball, keeps his feet moving, and is a bully. Could be a helluva center, too.
Tate is probably up there with Da’Wain as far as prospect crushes go for me. When I did the initial eval I really focused on how nasty his game was and honestly diminished his physical attributes more than I should have.

11” hands and a 82 inch wingspan have quickly changed my mind on his physical upside. I think Baylor has got themselves an absolute stud.

Gerry Hamilton

ESPN Recruiting Analyst
Staff member
Sep 23, 2009
Tate is probably up there with Da’Wain as far as prospect crushes go for me. When I did the initial eval I really focused on how nasty his game was and honestly diminished his physical attributes more than I should have.

11” hands and a 82 inch wingspan have quickly changed my mind on his physical upside. I think Baylor has got themselves an absolute stud.
See nothing but ascending for Williams. He crosses over a key line in track and field too for the throwers ... 50+ shot put and 160+ discus

Reactions: wabash

Jonathan Wells

Dec 18, 2012
Arlington, TX
54. Cole Carson, OT, Bogata Rivercrest - Arkansas
Nahlin: Fits all the specs of the feel good story: “He was a lowly three-star from Colombia nobody wanted but ended up at Arkansas and became a high draft pick...”
I see what you did there.

Reactions: bHero

Inanehorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 3, 2015
I'm surprised James Brock and Ezra are ranking very near Branson Bragg territory. Maybe I'm overrating Bragg, but I thought he combined the right sort of size /length with the athleticism and nastiness to represent elite. Bragg was 15th in 2019 IT top 100.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
I'm surprised James Brock and Ezra are ranking very near Branson Bragg territory. Maybe I'm overrating Bragg, but I thought he combined the right sort of size /length with the athleticism and nastiness to represent elite. Bragg was 15th in 2019 IT top 100.
Bragg was a personal favorite.

Reactions: Inanehorn

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
I didn’t know this about him. Interesting. Maybe he can moonlight at each of the OL positions before finding his best fit.

I like the tape.

Reactions: wabash

Fuddy

Sep 15, 2013
We don't. We got him at 6-3 and 285 at an event in 2019 ... but wasn't one of ours. Not hand, span, agility testing etc
I'm just wondering if he's shorter/less long than listed which arguably makes him center specific, which might be why he has no regional P5 offers

Reactions: sherf1

Ian Boyd

Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
I'm just wondering if he's shorter/less long than listed which arguably makes him center specific, which might be why he has no regional P5 offers
Really good guess, imo. Maybe he's Poona Ford. 6-0 flat, 295 but with an amazing wingspan.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
I can’t wait to actually see him in person.

Ezra, Ike, and Camar make Lakeview Centennial a must-stop.

Reactions: Ian Boyd