Is it just about money now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unichorn

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks, Smokeyaf - appreciate the good thought.

Ann made Cabbage Soup tonight, and it was great with the spare ribs (which we substituted for the corned beef).

Happy St. Patrick's Day back at you.

Hook 'em.

Reactions: Smokeyaf

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
OT threads and trolls? Get a grip man. You know what's real bull****: AVATAR CHANGES!!!

This whole damn site is imploding due to the reckless, irresponsible and hedonistic decay of morality when peeps start changing avis all willy nilly!!!
Hear! Hear! J Galt for president in 2016!

10isgod

Jan 29, 2012
Beans are the last thing I need. ... if you know what I mean. ..
I think you mean that Beans, Beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans with every meal.

I'm done.

Reactions: T-Horn

tomnbelize

Apr 23, 2010
Antigua, Guatemala
Regarding certain off topic threads, I don't think they should spend that much time policing things that 99% of members aren't bothered with and may actually find interesting.

But to your point about trolls, it's getting pretty bad. There is no ambiguity about who they are or their intentions, and they do nothing but stir up low quality discourse or, worse yet, drag down conversations that had some merit.
The OT threads are very bothersome especially those of us that have limited connectivity. I think the mods or whoever is in charge should remove them in total not just move them to the correct place. If the poster does not have enough consideration of others then they should be banned.

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
The OT threads are very bothersome especially those of us that have limited connectivity. I think the mods or whoever is in charge should remove them in total not just move them to the correct place. If the poster does not have enough consideration of others then they should be banned.
Double posting should be a bannable offense, too. Especially since there's a delete function.

Philosoraptor

Member Who Talks
Dec 11, 2015
Until 2012, the main board was readable and highly entertaining. Since then, the board has become cluttered with trolls and OT threads. The moderators used to deal with both: Banned trolls and redirected OT threads to the appropriate board. Since membership blew up, there seems to be little desire to address either.

As near as I can tell, the only thing that will get a troll banned is to denigrate forum moderators or site ownership. The only time OT threads get moved is if the mods don't particularly like it, not that it's cluttering up a paid sports forum. If the mods aren't going to enforce it, how about a little courtesy from posters? If you have a topic that doesn't belong here, post it on the appropriate board. I know you want answers about financing your house or selling a car or whether your wife should have bunion surgery, so post it on the appropriate board and you'll eventually get answers. You know I don't give a **** about your personal questions.

About this point, I suspect I'll have half a dozen posters recommending I leave the board. To you: Screw yourselves!
Is this old phart serious??

Reactions: atxhorn4425

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
I'm special. Do what I want. **** the majority of the board. Respect me. I drive a Dodge Stratus.

Passed one that was jacked up with decals and special colors on the interstate headed out west the other day. That's all I could think about. Just a great skit!

Reactions: T-Horn

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
Passed one that was jacked up with decals and special colors on the interstate headed out west the other day. That's all I could think about. Just a great skit!
I think about that awesome skit every time I see a Stratus and every time some I hear some dude tell his kids to respect him.

Reactions: atxhorn4425

Sneezybeltran

Dec 4, 2013
I think about that awesome skit every time I see a Stratus and every time some I hear some dude tell his kids to respect him.
If you're having to tell your kids to respect you, that's the first part of the problem. The second part of the problem might be the Stratus....unless you're debt free, have cash stashed and appreciate the craftsmanship behind maybe the worst decade of American cars made.....then hey, do your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.