John Wick 3

Jonathan Wells

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 18, 2012
Arlington, TX
The trailer for the third John Wick (schedule for release on May 17th) movie was released today. I've watched it 3 or 4 times and I feel like I'm going to get as much work done the rest of the day as I usually do on NSD in February. The first two John Wick installments both had some great shootout sequences and this one portends to be full of awesomeness as well.

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
Can't wait to see this movie. I loved the first two and this one looks like it delivers. Also, huge Keanu fan here.

Reactions: Sneezybeltran

Hiphopster

Mar 12, 2012
Shocked to see Duke Silver's not in here creaming his pants on this. I thought he was a Wick fanboy?

Robert STRONG

Jan 12, 2015
Winston heel turn?? That son of a bitch!!!
I called him turning heel before this movie...but I am pretty sure he's faking it. He shot John at point blank range and hit him in the torso 3 or 4 times. He had to know that wasn't going to do it with the bullet proof suits...or its movie bull****. I bet he turns out to be a good dude again in JW4.

Super pumped about JW4 and the TV show. It may convince me to buy Starz. Anything else worth watching on that network?

Has anyone else seen The Raid or The Raid 2? Absolutely fantastic action films. 2 of the Iron Chefs henchmen were from those movies. I'm definitely giving them a rewatch in the coming weeks.

Reactions: austintx26

Jonathan Wells

Dec 18, 2012
Arlington, TX
BRUHHHHH! Wish they weren't waiting so long to release the 4th. I'm not the most patient Mikey! @malaise or @Jonathan Wells y'all see it yet?
Not yet. I'm hoping I'll get to some time next week. I didn't see either of the first two in a theater, it was either HBO or Redbox, so hoping I can catch the new one with an actual audience that's into it.

Reactions: Sneezybeltran

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I called him turning heel before this movie...but I am pretty sure he's faking it. He shot John at point blank range and hit him in the torso 3 or 4 times. He had to know that wasn't going to do it with the bullet proof suits...or its movie bull****. I bet he turns out to be a good dude again in JW4.

Super pumped about JW4 and the TV show. It may convince me to buy Starz. Anything else worth watching on that network?

Has anyone else seen The Raid or The Raid 2? Absolutely fantastic action films. 2 of the Iron Chefs henchmen were from those movies. I'm definitely giving them a rewatch in the coming weeks.
I also think that was the case. A swerve, rather than a heel turn, in the parlance.

Of course! Both Raid movies are required viewing. That goes for Oldboy as well.

I don't watch anything on Starz, but not because I don't want to. I hear great things about American Gods and they also had Black Sails and other highly rated fare. I just don't have the time with everything else I watch. They also have the movies they wrest from the other premium channels.

austintx26

Sep 25, 2017

Both are awesome. I have a hard time convincing people to watch a movie in subtitles but nobody I know who has seen Raid ever regretted it.

Reactions: Robert STRONG

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Saw it last night.

It was definitely weird to see The Chairman had turned into a martial arts expert and killer. Maybe that show would still on the air if he had inflicted seven cuts on the challenger if they didn’t beat the Iron Chef.

Reactions: Jonathan Wells

Jonathan Wells

Dec 18, 2012
Arlington, TX
Saw it on Saturday morning. That fight with all the knives was something else! Halle Berry was pretty good in the long Casablanca gun fight sequence, and she obviously put a lot of work into her fights.

I feel like the Chef's two main pupils should have killed Wick easily. They were beating him against every pane of glass in the Continental at will, then, because Keanu has to survive the movie, their moves seemed slower and suddenly easier block and counter, and the second half of that fight just didn't seem nearly as genuine as the first half.

The action is what you watch these movies for, not so much the overall plot, because the more world-building these movies do, the more ridiculous the John Wick world becomes. I mean the Adjudicator and the High Table members ruthlessly
go after the people who helped Wick make it out of the 2nd movie alive before and after he killed Santino D'Antonio, but they apparently don't care to punish all the people who helped John kill D'Antonio's predecessor on the High Table: his sister. Nor do they seem exercised that D'Antonio got his seat at the High Table by calling in a marker to force John Wick to assassinate said sister. "Without rules, we'd live with the animals" indeed!

In any case, the fight choreography was great as it was in the series' first two installments, and it's amazing what shape some of these guys are in despite being in their 50s. When filming on the movie wrapped up last year, Keanu Reeves and Mark Dacascos were both 54, Halle Berry was 52, and Yayan Ruhian (the Indonesian actor who previously had a main role in The Raid) was 50.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Saw it on Saturday morning. That fight with all the knives was something else! Halle Berry was pretty good in the long Casablanca gun fight sequence, and she obviously put a lot of work into her fights.

I feel like the Chef's two main pupils should have killed Wick easily. They were beating him against every pane of glass in the Continental at will, then, because Keanu has to survive the movie, their moves seemed slower and suddenly easier block and counter, and the second half of that fight just didn't seem nearly as genuine as the first half.

The action is what you watch these movies for, not so much the overall plot, because the more world-building these movies do, the more ridiculous the John Wick world becomes. I mean the Adjudicator and the High Table members ruthlessly
go after the people who helped Wick make it out of the 2nd movie alive before and after he killed Santino D'Antonio, but they apparently don't care to punish all the people who helped John kill D'Antonio's predecessor on the High Table: his sister. Nor do they seem exercised that D'Antonio got his seat at the High Table by calling in a marker to force John Wick to assassinate said sister. "Without rules, we'd live with the animals" indeed!

In any case, the fight choreography was great as it was in the series' first two installments, and it's amazing what shape some of these guys are in despite being in their 50s. When filming on the movie wrapped up last year, Keanu Reeves and Mark Dacascos were both 54, Halle Berry was 52, and Yayan Ruhian (the Indonesian actor who previously had a main role in The Raid) was 50.
The fights were silly. As if people wouldn’t bother shooting a guy where it’s worth $15 million.

The plot was weak. VERY weak.

But that was some of the best fight choreography you will ever see.