Joshua Moore, Jordan Moore talk visits and newest offer

josephcook

Inside Texas Writer
Staff member
Feb 11, 2013
Austin
This report originally appeared in the 9/12 edition of the Inside Texas Inside Scoop and has been reprinted in full here.

Joshua Moore and Jordan Moore, two 2018 prospects that Texas fans are extremely familiar with, both have a good idea of what they want in the process. Jordan, the slightly shorter of the athletic brothers from Yoakum, is set to announce his commitment on Christmas Eve. His brother, Joshua, does not plan to announce until a few months later, but both of them have some idea of where they are in the process.

Football, however, is not the only feat of athleticism on the calendar in the Moore household. According to their father Quintin, a former DE at Prairie View A&M, both of the brothers are involved in team roping. So while the brothers struggle at times to corral an angry young cow, the goal remains the same for both of them. “The goal is to get their college education paid for,” their father said.

That shouldn’t be an issue for either brother. Both Joshua and Jordan rarely left the field for the Bulldogs in their matchup against the Taylor Ducks. Whenever Yoakum is on defense, the Moore brothers both play at corner, with Joshua occasionally sliding to safety. On offense, both are split out at wide receiver on opposite sides of the field. Joshua even gets involved in special teams, fielding and returning punts.

Joshua and Jordan both won’t be short for options, but Jordan is a little closer to being finished with the process. He plans to announce a top 10 soon prior to committing on Christmas Eve. One of the schools that just jumped in the race for Jordan, LSU, is one of his favorites.

“Growing up, they were one of the schools that I would love to get attention from and recruited by,” Jordan said. “Just to be able to talk to one of their coaches and have them recognize me, that was pretty exciting.”

Jordan said that he talks to LSU DBs coach Corey Raymond the most at LSU. As far as for two of his in state options, he talks to multiple coaches at each school. For A&M, Jordan said he talks to Aaron Moorehead a lot. For Texas, he talks to Vance Bedford, but also shares a good connection with Jeff Traylor.

Jordan took in both Texas and Texas A&M last week and enjoyed seeing both.

“It was great,” Jordan said. “It was a busy weekend going to College Station then coming back and going to Austin. It was great. Every time I go to those schools, they both show me love and they both tell me that they really want me.”

He said both Texas and A&M will be high in his upcoming top ten. As far as how Christmas will be for whoever he chooses: “It’s going to be a nice one.”

Joshua had the assignment of covering Taylor’s best wide receiver, Tulsa commit Malik Jackson. Taylor’s offense comes from somebody who runs an offense very similar to what Sterlin Gilbert runs at Texas, so the system Yoakum had to defend could be similar to what Joshua runs at the next level. For Joshua, the challenge of covering the other team’s best receiver is one he welcomes.

“He’s a pretty good receiver,” Joshua said. “That’s probably the best receiver I’ll face all year. He caught balls that I usually don’t let people catch. I’ll give it to him, he’s a great receiver.”

Joshua also picked up an offer from LSU recently. For Joshua, it wasn’t football that gave him young interest in the Bayou Bengals, but another sport.

“The reason why I like LSU is because they’re very successful in track,” Joshua said. “I’m a good track athlete as well. What put me on LSU is their track success. I’ve been watching LSU run track since I was 10. My mom took me to meets and everything.”

While Joshua’s contact with LSU is in the early stages of development, his relationships with Texas and A&M coaches are more established. Joshua said he talks often with coaches Sumlin, McKinney and Banks. At Texas, he communicates with Strong, Bedford and Traylor. Josh also made the double trip to see both Texas and A&M.

“It was great,” he said. “The atmosphere was crazy for both of them Both fought hard, both got the win. I took a lot in from both games.”

With Joshua’s decision still some time away, he still has time to go through the recruiting process. For him, it won’t really pick up until the season is complete.

“I’m going to wait until the season is over first and start releasing my top 10 and stuff,” Joshua said. “I’ll go top 10, top five, top three, then I’ll go top two.”

Reactions: Justin Wells

Jdhmills

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 27, 2011
I know we are told to not worry, but I have a bit of a bad feeling about those two.

Ghost

Member Who Talks
Aug 27, 2016
Malik Jackson had some spectacular receptions while being double covered by both Joshua and Jordan Moore last Friday.

Reactions: josephcook

josephcook

Inside Texas Writer
Staff member
Feb 11, 2013
Austin
Malik Jackson had some spectacular receptions while being double covered by both Joshua and Jordan Moore last Friday.
I agree. Malik knows the offense he's entering at Tulsa. I'd reckon he'll be a topic on this board soon