Man-made Climate Change Doesn't Exist In Practice

padrehorn11

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 27, 2016
Texas
There's some very shaky science in that research as far as I could see, but to be fair it was part of a series of papers by two teams of researchers. I spent a couple of hours with the actual papers cited in this pop-science article and even going back to some of the citations cited in the original papers the article cites. It was still shaky. Or maybe I didn't spend enough time, or I'm not very bright when it comes to science. The former, yeah probably, the latter, I've got some evidence that says I'm pretty good at science.

But don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical about all climate science claims.

But I'm not a big fan of pop-science articles with "bombshell" conclusions. They are sometimes interesting, but take them with a mountain of salt.

Anyway I'm still in the small camp ( which I think includes bHero who says it better than I do) of "let's be cautious" about what we do because we simply don't know enough. Continue the research (would that there were more un-biased researchers). Certainly let's not accept AOC and her ilk's attempt to destroy Capitalism using the Climate Change scare as the hammer, but I'm also not ready to say there's "no potential problems" or "nothing we can do about it."

As a person who actually made their living as a real-world oriented geoscientist, I can tell you that I found that in real life, as opposed to academia, you couldn't be successful buying into any of your own conclusions 100%. Always maintain reasonable skepticism about not only other people's work, but also your own. It was said that about the worst thing a exploration geologist could do was "fall in love" with his own conclusions (drilling prospects) and "bet the ranch". Nature is just too complex to ever see everything well enough to be absolutely certain.

It makes a nice concise lede to say "Man-made Climate Change Doesn't Exist in Practice". But I read some aggie Tweet that "Vernon Broughton is a secret commit to A&M already". Maybe both have some truth, but...

futures2015

May 2, 2015
There's some very shaky science in that research as far as I could see, but to be fair it was part of a series of papers by two teams of researchers. I spent a couple of hours with the actual papers cited in this pop-science article and even going back to some of the citations cited in the original papers the article cites. It was still shaky. Or maybe I didn't spend enough time, or I'm not very bright when it comes to science. The former, yeah probably, the latter, I've got some evidence that says I'm pretty good at science.

But don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical about all climate science claims.

But I'm not a big fan of pop-science articles with "bombshell" conclusions. They are sometimes interesting, but take them with a mountain of salt.

Anyway I'm still in the small camp ( which I think includes bHero who says it better than I do) of "let's be cautious" about what we do because we simply don't know enough. Continue the research (would that there were more un-biased researchers). Certainly let's not accept AOC and her ilk's attempt to destroy Capitalism using the Climate Change scare as the hammer, but I'm also not ready to say there's "no potential problems" or "nothing we can do about it."

As a person who actually made their living as a real-world oriented geoscientist, I can tell you that I found that in real life, as opposed to academia, you couldn't be successful buying into any of your own conclusions 100%. Always maintain reasonable skepticism about not only other people's work, but also your own. It was said that about the worst thing a exploration geologist could do was "fall in love" with his own conclusions (drilling prospects) and "bet the ranch". Nature is just too complex to ever see everything well enough to be absolutely certain.

It makes a nice concise lede to say "Man-made Climate Change Doesn't Exist in Practice". But I read some aggie Tweet that "Vernon Broughton is a secret commit to A&M already". Maybe both have some truth, but...
There's one irrefutable positive to come from "climate change" alarmism ... Miley Cyrus said she's not going to have any children.

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
Its multiple people writing under the same pen name. I think it has good economic analysis. It is a little more negative then most but it can be a good perspective to go a long with others.
Yeah the article is solid if a little hyperbolic, just think that’s a strange thing to do in general