Marking Threads as Read

tfh714

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
I may be the last person to have figured this out, but there were a few questions earlier this week about how to mark threads as read without opening each one individually (which is a pain...). I have found a way, but it marks all threads in all of the forums read. Haven't figured out how to mark just the threads in one forum read yet, like you could on the Scout site (there seems to be an option for this under "Forum Tools" but it doesn't work as far as I can tell). So here is what you do:

After reading the posts (in all of the forums) you want to read in a session, go to Forum Jump and select "Forums Home" from the drop down. On that page, go to Quick Links and select "Mark Forums Read" from the drop down. This will mark all threads in all forums as read.

Bitterwhiteguy

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
I may be the last person to have figured this out, but there were a few questions earlier this week about how to mark threads as read without opening each one individually (which is a pain...). I have found a way, but it marks all threads in all of the forums read. Haven't figured out how to mark just the threads in one forum read yet, like you could on the Scout site (there seems to be an option for this under "Forum Tools" but it doesn't work as far as I can tell). So here is what you do:

After reading the posts (in all of the forums) you want to read in a session, go to Forum Jump and select "Forums Home" from the drop down. On that page, go to Quick Links and select "Mark Forums Read" from the drop down. This will mark all threads in all forums as read.
If you look at the top of the page, there's a spot called "quick links". If you click on that, the 'mark forums read' option is available there too.