My games this weekend and a key note (big update)

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
they have honest-to-god hospitals in bEAST Tx? for some reason i pictured an above ground swimming pool and lawn chairs.
This is strangely accurate.

Of note, Tyler is one of the most popular towns in the country for the medical field.

J Galt

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 9, 2012
Dallas
This is strangely accurate.

Of note, Tyler is one of the most popular towns in the country for the medical field.
Mrs. Galt is from Longview. 3 beers and she goes from Dallas debutante-wannabe to bEAST Texas yokel. We do spend a lot of summer weekends out on Lake Cherokee. Congrats again to you and your wife. After the hell of the first 3 months, it's pretty awesome.

Reactions: EvanPotter7

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Gilmer 2018 QB Aaron "Poppy" Brown 18-yd TD run on the draw. Buckeyes 7, Liberty-Eylau 0 - 10:13 in 1st.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
LE answers.

Kameron Levingston in the end zone on 1-yd TD run. Gilmer 7, Liberty-Eylau 7 - 4:06 in 1st.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Leopards capitalize.

Five plays, 38 yards with 10-yrd score from Deandre Hoof.

1:24 1Q: Liberty-Eylau 14, Gilmer 7

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Gilmer's Kelton Collier takes that one to the house. 20-13, LE.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Gilmer WR/DB & Oklahoma State commit Lamarcus Morton is impressive. Playmaking in the secondary, burst with the ball.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Just like that, we're tied. L-E marches 61 yards in 3 plays + scores on Levingston 9-yd TD run. L-E 28, Gilmer 28 - 11:01 in 3rd.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Boom. Lamarcus Morton goes 74 with explosion. Okie State stealing the stud from Gilmer.

35-28, Gilmer. 3Q.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Kevin Florence rumbles for a 32-yard TD. Liberty-Eylau 35, Gilmer 35 with 8:51 to go in the 3rd Q.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
LE's Lagaryonn Carson demolishes Gilmer QB Poppy Brown, who still connects on 15-yard TD to Morton, who has 226 yards.

48-35, Gilmer.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Wow. LE comes right back w/Decorian Phillips 14-yd TD run. Gilmer 54, Liberty-Eylau 48 (PAT pending) - 8:12 in 4th.

BEW

Mar 16, 2012
they have honest-to-god hospitals in bEAST Tx? for some reason i pictured an above ground swimming pool and lawn chairs.
For those who like to make fun of east Texas, which is everyone including east Texans, Tyler has a hospital in the building that used to be Montgomery Wards. As funny as that sounds it is actually an excellent hospital. It is the Joint and Spine hospital. My 84 year old mom has had a couple of surgeries there It is not real big but I understand it is one of the best orthopedic type hospitals in the country. The three main hospitals, Trinity Mother Francis, Medical Center and Univ of Texas Med Center are quite large. Tyler is the medical capital of east Texas. But, yeah, the hospital in the old Montgomery Wards building has spawned a few jokes.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Touchdown Gilmer. Red Jones for 11 yards.

6:33 left: Gilmer 61, Liberty-Eylau 48

1200 yards of total offense.

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas 5-star DL pledge Lagaryonn Carson is the sack master, 3rd of the night. Recently started building a house in Gilmer's backfield.

Wongworns

Jun 8, 2011
Completely forgot about this new forum.

Congrats JW! Soak up every moment!

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
barkingcarnival.fantake.com
Football at its purest is finally here.

With the TX HS football season kicking off on Thursday, I've got a couple games on the agenda. (Note: my wife is due on Thursday, so if he comes on time, this will screw up everything. Ugh, children.)

Anyways, I'll hopefully be at Tyler Rose Stadium for Liberty-Eylau and Gilmer on Thursday night. It'll be nice to see Texas DL pledge Lagaryonn Carson in action.

The Texas staff saw him last week and the dude looks great. When he said he was working out all summer, he wasn't lying. LE also has a D1 OT, Franklin Smith, to keep an eye on.

At Gilmer, it's athletes as usual with Okie State pledge Lamarcus Morton, La Tech commit Kollin Hurt, and future prospects Kelton Collier (RB) and Qua Heath (DB).

This matchup never disappoints. Gilmer usually comes out on top, but I'm picking the Leopards in 2016. (Note: if my wife is in labor, I can still make this one. Delivery takes hours and Rose Stadium is only a few miles from the hospital. I'm sure she won't mind.)

On Friday, it's Tyler Lee vs Marshall. Texas targets on both sides here; Mavericks' 2018 OL Chasen Hines (Baylor, TCU offers) attended UTL and the staff is watching. RB Cam Haller (A&M baseball commit) is another to watch.

Lee has 6-foot-4, 200-pound QB Chance Amie running the show. The Red Raiders also boast 3-star senior safety Makyle Sanders, who holds offers from Memphis, Kansas, and Navy.

Both have a ton of schools looking for a big year in 2016. I haven't seen this much promise from a Tyler Lee team in years. (Note: If my son is born by now, I could probably still make this one. Anybody know where I can get one of those body strap things?)

UPDATE: Well this happened...

Alexander James Wells. Born yesterday, 5:01pm. 8 pounds, 3 ounces, 23 inches.

So I'll be at LE/Gilmer tonight. A-Dub can fit in my backpack so he'll be taking notes.

View attachment 9749
Why is Chris Trager touching your baby?

CONGTATS!!!!

Reactions: Justin Wells

etexhorn

Oct 29, 2008
Football at its purest is finally here.

With the TX HS football season kicking off on Thursday, I've got a couple games on the agenda. (Note: my wife is due on Thursday, so if he comes on time, this will screw up everything. Ugh, children.)

Anyways, I'll hopefully be at Tyler Rose Stadium for Liberty-Eylau and Gilmer on Thursday night. It'll be nice to see Texas DL pledge Lagaryonn Carson in action.

The Texas staff saw him last week and the dude looks great. When he said he was working out all summer, he wasn't lying. LE also has a D1 OT, Franklin Smith, to keep an eye on.

At Gilmer, it's athletes as usual with Okie State pledge Lamarcus Morton, La Tech commit Kollin Hurt, and future prospects Kelton Collier (RB) and Qua Heath (DB).

This matchup never disappoints. Gilmer usually comes out on top, but I'm picking the Leopards in 2016. (Note: if my wife is in labor, I can still make this one. Delivery takes hours and Rose Stadium is only a few miles from the hospital. I'm sure she won't mind.)

On Friday, it's Tyler Lee vs Marshall. Texas targets on both sides here; Mavericks' 2018 OL Chasen Hines (Baylor, TCU offers) attended UTL and the staff is watching. RB Cam Haller (A&M baseball commit) is another to watch.

Lee has 6-foot-4, 200-pound QB Chance Amie running the show. The Red Raiders also boast 3-star senior safety Makyle Sanders, who holds offers from Memphis, Kansas, and Navy.

Both have a ton of schools looking for a big year in 2016. I haven't seen this much promise from a Tyler Lee team in years. (Note: If my son is born by now, I could probably still make this one. Anybody know where I can get one of those body strap things?)

UPDATE: Well this happened...

Alexander James Wells. Born yesterday, 5:01pm. 8 pounds, 3 ounces, 23 inches.

So I'll be at LE/Gilmer tonight. A-Dub can fit in my backpack so he'll be taking notes.

View attachment 9749
Thank goodness that baby looks like mama!

J Galt

Feb 9, 2012
Dallas
For those who like to make fun of east Texas, which is everyone including east Texans, Tyler has a hospital in the building that used to be Montgomery Wards. As funny as that sounds it is actually an excellent hospital. It is the Joint and Spine hospital. My 84 year old mom has had a couple of surgeries there It is not real big but I understand it is one of the best orthopedic type hospitals in the country. The three main hospitals, Trinity Mother Francis, Medical Center and Univ of Texas Med Center are quite large. Tyler is the medical capital of east Texas. But, yeah, the hospital in the old Montgomery Wards building has spawned a few jokes.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn of a handful of Montgomery Wards from Marshall to Beaumont that are curios as to when their next inventory shipment will arrive. Poor bastards haven't gotten the memo. Probably putting the finishing touches on their Y2k prep.