Ocasio-cortez is the new gift that keeps on giving

ole tnhorn

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Jan 31, 2012
Go look at her twitter video about her fake history from the future. My god this woman is ****ing retarded.
She is a ****ing lunatic.
We're now sending reality performers to congress and allowing them to establish policy. The "media", having surrendered any semblance of journalistic discipline, hangs on every word as if it were Gandhi speaking.

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
Are you sure? Policy typically starts in the Exec office and flows down, or bypasses the leges full stop.

Not trying to pick a fight, more like trying to be a smart ass!
I think Donald is too busy enjoying himself trolling Democrat morons on Twitter to worry much about details like Policy.

I mean, he's got 'China cheats at trade', 'we gotta build a Wall', and the Policy of the Week which may be 'Paris needs more firetrucks' this week, but I'm not sure since I don't keep current on that. Three things at a time is probably as much or more Policy than most voters can handle. Unless of course there's a sex scandal. People like sex scandals.

Anyway, the Dem half of the voters really only need to keep one Policy in mind and their leaders make sure they don't forget it: "Trump sucks!"

PFD

Oct 29, 2008
Dallas
She said that should Medicare for All be passed, the VA would most likely remain unchanged. While many champions of universal health-care coverage are fighting to essentially abolish private health insurance while retaining the private-hospital system, AOC said in an ideal world, the civilian health system would mirror what’s currently offered to veterans. “If you ask me, I would like VA for all,” she said to cheers.

futures2015

May 2, 2015
In light of AOC's pronouncements about climate change, Prof. Steven Hayward (2014) talks about climate change and climate policy. Really hammers how unrealistic the policy proposals are that are being pushed by the climate alarmists ... and this was 5 years ago.

16:15 Addresses "97% of scientists agree that AGW is a problem"

21:10 Climate policy agenda

22:15 80% reduction in emissions by 2050

32:00 Int'l Energy Agency (IEA) - OECD countries could reduce emissions to 0 and the would would still exceed targets

41:10 Effect of EPA emission targets on climate change

btown1110

Jan 23, 2012
I know it shouldn't be bothered by it but it really pisses me off when she's all like "we have the technology now so we can do it." Uhh, no, we don't. We're getting closer on batteries but renewable energy is really only good for bumper stickers and debates until we can actually store it. She's bat**** crazy and her ideas are moronic (and often dangerous) to say the least but the fact that she thinks that they're somehow attainable is just really frustrating. Guess I don't suffer fools well.

Last edited:

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Reactions: TexasPalladin

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Since we're talking green new deal.

Let's applaud NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio for helping reduce carbon emissions and saving the planet one hot dog at a time.

http://www.weatherboy.com/hot-dogs-banned-nyc-improve-weather-climate/

For now, at least, New Yorkers will be able to keep their precious hot dog street carts, and tourists will still be able to fill up on dirty water dogs in Times Square -- at least for now. The Green New Deal only prohibits city facilities from buying and serving hot dogs and other processed meats in bulk to serve in city-run cafeterias, mostly located in city office buildings, jails, and schools.

De Blasio did note, while signing the GND, that New Yorkers should be prepared to make big sacrifices in order to save the planet, however. And if the current legislative scheme isn't enough to reduce carbon emissions in the city, he may consider expanding the program's ban.

"It is a difficult plan. It is a necessary plan.... Estimates that tell us that we have only 12 years to get it right. Let’s be clear, we have until 2030 to change things fundamentally, or our lives won’t be the same,” de Blasio said

btown1110

Jan 23, 2012
Since we're talking green new deal.

Let's applaud NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio for helping reduce carbon emissions and saving the planet one hot dog at a time.

http://www.weatherboy.com/hot-dogs-banned-nyc-improve-weather-climate/

For now, at least, New Yorkers will be able to keep their precious hot dog street carts, and tourists will still be able to fill up on dirty water dogs in Times Square -- at least for now. The Green New Deal only prohibits city facilities from buying and serving hot dogs and other processed meats in bulk to serve in city-run cafeterias, mostly located in city office buildings, jails, and schools.

De Blasio did note, while signing the GND, that New Yorkers should be prepared to make big sacrifices in order to save the planet, however. And if the current legislative scheme isn't enough to reduce carbon emissions in the city, he may consider expanding the program's ban.

"It is a difficult plan. It is a necessary plan.... Estimates that tell us that we have only 12 years to get it right. Let’s be clear, we have until 2030 to change things fundamentally, or our lives won’t be the same,” de Blasio said
There's also this:
http://www.weatherboy.com/new-york-city-earth-day-announcement-glass-steel-skyscraper-banned/

de Blasio has already done more than enough to undo much of Giuliani/Bloomberg's efforts to clean up the city and now he's going so much farther. He's such a ****ing moron.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio unveiled New York City’s Green New Deal, showing off his plans of turning the Big Apple into the Green Apple on this Earth Day. “We’re going to ban the classic glass and steel skyscrapers, which are incredibly inefficient,” the Mayor said to reporters this morning. “The City of New York, the government, which uses about as much energy in a year as do the people and business of the people in the State of Vermont, we are going to get all of our energy from renewable sources in the next five years.”

The New York City Green New Deal is a $14 billion effort aiming to cut down 30 percent of greenhouse emissions by 2030 while creating “tens of thousands of good jobs.” “Every day we wait is a day our planet gets closer to the point of no-return. New York City’s Green New Deal meets that reality head on,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement Monday. “We are confronting the same interests that created the climate crisis and deepened inequality. There’s no time to waste. We’re taking action now, before it’s too late.”

Under the guise of better weather and climate for the future, de Blasio also discussed other components of his vision for New York City’s future. The Mayor said that New York City will also guarantee health care for every New Yorker and create the universal coverage for uninsured New Yorkers, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status. Other goals include improving infrastructure like transit systems and roads, plus a $20 billion resiliency plan to address “the growing threats of coastal storms, sea-level rise, extreme heat, and increased precipitation with projects and programs across the city.”
Excuse me if I don't buy the City's ability to spend money well since they're now saying that the Subway upgrade will be at least $11 billion (started as less than $2 billion in 2001).

Last edited: