Ocasio-cortez is the new gift that keeps on giving

calvin farquhar

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 19, 2017
There's also this:
http://www.weatherboy.com/new-york-city-earth-day-announcement-glass-steel-skyscraper-banned/

de Blasio has already done more than enough to undo much of Giuliani/Bloomberg's efforts to clean up the city and now he's going so much farther. He's such a ****ing moron.

Excuse me if I don't buy the City's ability to spend money well since they're now saying that the Subway upgrade will be at least $11 billion (started as less than $2 billion in 2001).
What's sad about all of this, is that like the AOC GND, this will do pretty much zero to reduce carbon emissions or impact global warming. But they'll waste billions of taxpayer dollars so they feel good at night when they roll into bed. Such an incredible waste of money

Reactions: Halas

Halas

Nov 5, 2012
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
What's sad about all of this, is that like the AOC GND, this will do pretty much zero to reduce carbon emissions or impact global warming. But they'll waste billions of taxpayer dollars so they feel good at night when they roll into bed. Such an incredible waste of money
You left out that that they will say they didn’t go far enough when there is no difference and these dumbasses realize they have no control over climate.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
Haven’t read much, but the name of this thread is the most true thing ever typed in the history of politics. She is the biggest comedic relief in the history of politics. On the flip side some people should be ashamed of the fact they voted for this blithering idiot. She might be one of the stupidest human beings to walk the earth since Neanderthal. Literally almost every single day something stupid spills out of her mouth or social media accounts.

Reactions: TexasPalladin

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
Haven’t read much, but the name of this thread is the most true thing ever typed in the history of politics. She is the biggest comedic relief in the history of politics. On the flip side some people should be ashamed of the fact they voted for this blithering idiot. She might be one of the stupidest human beings to walk the earth since Neanderthal. Literally almost every single day something stupid spills out of her mouth or social media accounts.
My guess is that most of the thousand or so sentient beings who voted for her and have since sobered up are kind of wondering why they sobered up.

RepOfTexas

Jan 2, 2009
Since we're talking green new deal.

Let's applaud NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio for helping reduce carbon emissions and saving the planet one hot dog at a time.

http://www.weatherboy.com/hot-dogs-banned-nyc-improve-weather-climate/

For now, at least, New Yorkers will be able to keep their precious hot dog street carts, and tourists will still be able to fill up on dirty water dogs in Times Square -- at least for now. The Green New Deal only prohibits city facilities from buying and serving hot dogs and other processed meats in bulk to serve in city-run cafeterias, mostly located in city office buildings, jails, and schools.

De Blasio did note, while signing the GND, that New Yorkers should be prepared to make big sacrifices in order to save the planet, however. And if the current legislative scheme isn't enough to reduce carbon emissions in the city, he may consider expanding the program's ban.

"It is a difficult plan. It is a necessary plan.... Estimates that tell us that we have only 12 years to get it right. Let’s be clear, we have until 2030 to change things fundamentally, or our lives won’t be the same,” de Blasio said
It's as if NY and CA are in a competition to see who can run off the most people the fastest.

STOP SCREWING UP YOUR STATES, DUMBASSES!! YOUR REFUGEES ARE GOING TO END UP BRINGING THOSE STUPID IDEAS WITH THEM!!

Yes, I know it's NYC in this case and not the state.

houstonhorn

Member Who Talks
Sep 21, 2018
I actually agree with AOC on credit card interest rates. They should be capped at somewhere between 11-15%. The GOP nearly passed a bill in 1991 that would have capped them at 14$%, but sold out to Wall Street.

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
Carrying credit card debt is about the stupidest financial decision a person can make. I'll never understand why people do it. If there's an emergency use the card and then find better financing. Hell, if you're a good credit risk, like my son-in-law, I'll loan you money at 12%, just like I did him. :)

I've never bought anything (other than a house) that I couldn't pay cash for. Oh, I have credit cards and use them both for convenience and the cash back. Amazon gives me a 5% back on Amazon purchase with their Prime card, and I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon. Fidelity gives me 2% back on everything. It doesn't sound like much but never paying interest and that few % is one of those things like asking for my paper clips back that are the kinds of habits that over a lifetime add up. Hell, speaking of adding up, I figured out the other day that not getting a $20 haircut every two weeks (I have no idea what a haircut costs now) for 20 years has saved me between $24,000 and $14,000 dollars, compounded at 4% for the low end of that and 8% for the high end. A lot of little things add up over a lifetime. I should have stopped cutting my hair a lot sooner though.;)

Halas

Nov 5, 2012
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
I actually agree with AOC on credit card interest rates. They should be capped at somewhere between 11-15%. The GOP nearly passed a bill in 1991 that would have capped them at 14$%, but sold out to Wall Street.
Go ahead. The credit companies will be more judicious in handing out credit card offers to lower income individuals and those with poor credit who frankly shouldn’t use them anyways.

houstonhorn

Member Who Talks
Sep 21, 2018
Go ahead. The credit companies will be more judicious in handing out credit card offers to lower income individuals and those with poor credit who frankly shouldn’t use them anyways.
Correct. Same with the housing market. People need to be held accountable for their poor decisions. If you want a credit card, you should be able to afford it.

RepOfTexas

Jan 2, 2009
Hahahaha. I'm not even sorry if this has already been posted. It's a good thing breathing is involuntary because she's too stupid to do it on her own. I have no idea who the youtuber is but you only need to watch the first 60 seconds.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blasted "middle-of-the-road" approaches on climate change, an apparent criticism of former Vice President Joe Biden."

"I will be damned if the same politicians who refused to act then are going to try to come back today and say we need to find a middle-of-the-road approach to save our lives," the 29-year-old freshman Democrat, who introduced the Green New Deal framework earlier this year, said Monday night at an event in Washington, where she was trying to rally support for her climate-change proposal."

"That is too much for me," Ocasio-Cortez said.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/723298209/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-decries-biden-middle-of-the-road-approach-on-climate-ch

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Tlaib said Palestinians took a noble approach to Jews during WWII.

While everyone agrees it’s historically inaccurate only some wonder how she could be so wrong. It’s a really mystery.
I'm hoping for a Beto-AOC ticket; then Beto can start fantasizing about running over children in his Green New Deal approved car & she'll have to support him

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Not one to dabble in the political realm, but this is relevant to the topic. AOC disliked the finale of Game of Thrones. Not a huge shocker since it's been divisive, but her reasoning?

"We were getting so close to having this ending with just women running the world and then the last two episodes it’s like, ‘Oh, they’re too emotional.’ It’s like, ugh, this was written by men!"

I guess it doesn't matter that one of the women who she wanted to rule the world burnt down a major city and it's innocent population of one million with dragon fire after they had already surrendered so long as that one woman is in power at the end.

What a ****ing dodo bird.

Reactions: Halas and PFD

J Galt

Feb 9, 2012
Lake Highlands, Dallas
Not one to dabble in the political realm, but this is relevant to the topic. AOC disliked the finale of Game of Thrones. Not a huge shocker since it's been divisive, but her reasoning?

"We were getting so close to having this ending with just women running the world and then the last two episodes it’s like, ‘Oh, they’re too emotional.’ It’s like, ugh, this was written by men!"

I guess it doesn't matter that one of the women who she wanted to rule the world burnt down a major city and it's innocent population of one million with dragon fire after they had already surrendered so long as that one woman is in power at the end.

What a ****ing dodo bird.
I guess an independent queen in the North doesn't count. What does she have against red heads? Also, clearly hates cripples and dwarfs. super woke

futures2015

May 2, 2015
I'm hoping for a Beto-AOC ticket; then Beto can start fantasizing about running over children in his Green New Deal approved car & she'll have to support him
If Beto was to win, instead of livestreaming his haircut on youtube, ABCNBCCBSCNN would carry it in primetime ... with in-depth analysis afterward.

Just shoot me now.

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
There's also this:
http://www.weatherboy.com/new-york-city-earth-day-announcement-glass-steel-skyscraper-banned/

de Blasio has already done more than enough to undo much of Giuliani/Bloomberg's efforts to clean up the city and now he's going so much farther. He's such a ****ing moron.

Excuse me if I don't buy the City's ability to spend money well since they're now saying that the Subway upgrade will be at least $11 billion (started as less than $2 billion in 2001).
So if the Federal government is twice as efficient at building the Wall as NYC is at upgrading the subway, the $25 billion Wall it will only cost about $60 billion and take at least 10 years? Count me as figuring it will meet the fate of the little California High Speed Train that couldn't.

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
It's as if NY and CA are in a competition to see who can run off the most people the fastest.

STOP SCREWING UP YOUR STATES, DUMBASSES!! YOUR REFUGEES ARE GOING TO END UP BRINGING THOSE STUPID IDEAS WITH THEM!!

Yes, I know it's NYC in this case and not the state.
Banning Nathan's hotdogs at Yankee Stadium might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

houstonhorn

Member Who Talks
Sep 21, 2018
Appears Rep Omar has been caught filing fraudulent tax returns. Filing jointly with a man that was not her legal husband.

bodieman

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
http://m.startribune.com/minnesota-campaign-board-fines-ilhan-omar-says-she-must-reimburse-campaign/510933672/

She’s has to reimburse her own campaign account to the tune of about $3500 and pay a $500 fine. Yawn.

There was one strange bit in the article:

“That includes a payment of $1,500 to a law firm that, her lawyer testified, was related to some corrections made to her personal tax returns that were discovered as part of an inquiry into her financial records by a “crisis committee.” That committee was set up to respond to never-proven allegations that Omar had married her own brother as part of an “immigration scheme,” in the words of the board’s report on the matter.”

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
http://m.startribune.com/minnesota-campaign-board-fines-ilhan-omar-says-she-must-reimburse-campaign/510933672/

She’s has to reimburse her own campaign account to the tune of about $3500 and pay a $500 fine. Yawn.

“That includes a payment of $1,500 to a law firm that, her lawyer testified, was related to some corrections made to her personal tax returns that were discovered as part of an inquiry into her financial records by a “crisis committee.” That committee was set up to respond to never-proven allegations that Omar had married her own brother as part of an “immigration scheme,” in the words of the board’s report on the matter.”
Rumor: Omar was set to marry her own brother until she found out he's part Jewish; that was too much for her

Reactions: bHero

cctxfan

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, TX

I read that and this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/politics/board-omar-violated-minnesota-campaign-finance-rules/2019/06/06/cb9aed90-88b6-11e9-9d73-e2ba6bbf1b9b_story.html?nid=menu_nav_accessibilityforscreenreader&outputType=accessibility&utm_term=.bc8a0eceb169

Nothing in these articles mention anything about fraudulent tax returns. Just about misuse of campaign funds that violates MN law.

sacatomato horn

Member Who Talks
Sep 15, 2016
https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/politics/board-omar-violated-minnesota-campaign-finance-rules/2019/06/06/cb9aed90-88b6-11e9-9d73-e2ba6bbf1b9b_story.html?nid=menu_nav_accessibilityforscreenreader&outputType=accessibility&utm_term=.bc8a0eceb169

Nothing in these articles mention anything about fraudulent tax returns. Just about misuse of campaign funds that violates MN law.[/QUOTE]

This is where the allegation is coming from. If Omar indeed filed a joint tax return with Ahmed Hirsi in 2014-2015 and was married to someone else 2009-2017, she's in big trouble. I have no idea if this is accurate. I do have an idea that the Trib and Wapo must be read with skepticism with respect to Omar and Keith Ellison.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1136737134134661120

Reactions: bHero

cctxfan

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, TX

Nothing in these articles mention anything about fraudulent tax returns. Just about misuse of campaign funds that violates MN law.

This is where the allegation is coming from. If Omar indeed filed a joint tax return with Ahmed Hirsi in 2014-2015 and was married to someone else 2009-2017, she's in big trouble. I have no idea if this is accurate. I do have an idea that the Trib and Wapo must be read with skepticism with respect to Omar and Keith Ellison.

So a Twitter source? Who is David Steinberg?

Look, if it’s true, she ought to face the consequences. I have no problem with that.