Ocasio-cortez is the new gift that keeps on giving

PFD

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Dallas
She's decided to turn down an offer to visit a concentration camp with a Holocaust survivor.

In her words, "Ocasio-Cortez responded by saying she was rejecting the offer as she believed it was part of how "the far-right manipulates these moments for political gain."

Ocasio-Cortez wrote: "The last time you went on this trip it was reported that you also met w/ fringe Austrian neo-Nazi groups to talk shop. So I’m going to have to decline your invite. But thank you for revealing to all how transparently the far-right manipulates these moments for political gain."
Dershowitz blew her up in a recent interview. Called her a Holocaust denier.
Good God.
Of course he does, but he wasn't asking her to go with him nor planning on going. She was invited by a holocaust survivor to travel with her. King was simply suggesting she do it because he had and it opened his eyes. Naturally, she responded with what she always does, "it's a right wing conspiracy". She's ****ing stupid. King is a piece of ****.
This is a great example of what I’m talking about on the other thread about bias and demographics on the board.

AOC made an outrageous and offensive comment because, in the moment, she was more interested in being provocative than being historically accurate or honest.

Then, when she was invited to do something difficult—step outside her liberal echo chamber and spend some time with a Holocaust survivor to talk about why her comments were wrong and hurtful—she instead chose the easy way out.

She not only turned down the meeting, but also doubled down on stupid and offensive by claiming that a Holocaust survivor is in league with Neo-Nazis.

But, if you’re paying attention, that was just the excuse. The point was that she could not and would not even deign to put herself in a position that might require her to humble herself, to consider someone else’s feelings, and to own her mistake.

Instead of being magnanimous and unifying Americans, she was remarkably selfish and childish and further divided them.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
This is a great example of what I’m talking about on the other thread about bias and demographics on the board.

AOC made an outrageous and offensive comment because, in the moment, she was more interested in being provocative than being historically accurate or honest.

Then, when she was invited to do something difficult—step outside her liberal echo chamber and spend some time with a Holocaust survivor to talk about why her comments were wrong and hurtful—she instead chose the easy way out.

She not only turned down the meeting, but also doubled down on stupid and offensive by claiming that a Holocaust survivor is in league with Neo-Nazis.

But, if you’re paying attention, that was just the excuse. The point was that she could not and would not even deign to put herself in a position that might require her to humble herself, to consider someone else’s feelings, and to own her mistake.

Instead of being magnanimous and unifying Americans, she was remarkably selfish and childish and further divided them.
I just think she's stupid, uninformed and a perfect example of her generation. Someone that has surface level opinions based on feelings, theories and wants, who then decides to scream on social media believing the old adage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". She's a petulant child that won't shut up when caught in her lies or stupidity and her parents (Pelosi) won't say **** to correct her bad behavior. If she screams loud enough, pulls heart strings and lives in fantasy land she thinks it's all true and will come true.

*now patiently waiting for the about Trumpers

cctxfan

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Horse hockey. The GOP had the House, the Senate and the Presidency for two years. They had their chance and did not a thing. Not to mention the two or three times -- I've lost count frankly -- when Trump was presented with an immigration compromise, and each time walked away. Nobody in Washington really wants to do actual work to fix this issue, and that includes the president.
This. And as you said, both parties own this. I do think Democrats and Republicans both genuinely want to fix the problem, it's just their solutions to the problem are a gulf apart making compromise extremely difficult to the point of being nonexistent.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
No arguments with that part. They should have struck while they could. That said, where we’re at now, it’s clear whats going on.
I firmly believe at that time a bunch of those Republicans in the House:

1. Thought for some reason they could do nothing and retain the House(they were wrong)

2. Were “Never Trumpers” and “Deep Staters” more concerned with being anti Trump and benefiting from doing nothing.

Halas

Nov 5, 2012
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
I firmly believe at that time a bunch of those Republicans in the House:

1. Thought for some reason they could do nothing and retain the House(they were wrong)

2. Were “Never Trumpers” and “Deep Staters” more concerned with being anti Trump and benefiting from doing nothing.
Either way, they should have done it when they had the house. Since they didn’t, that doesn’t excuse congress from a whole of addressing the issue. You can’t have credibility as a lawmaker when you’re battling immigration reform non stop and then when the crisis is bubbling over try and take a moral high ground by comparing it to concentration camps. That’s the height of dishonesty or stupidity. Either way, both are unacceptable.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
Either way, they should have done it when they had the house. Since they didn’t, that doesn’t excuse congress from a whole of addressing the issue. You can’t have credibility as a lawmaker when you’re battling immigration reform non stop and then when the crisis is bubbling over try and take a moral high ground by comparing it to concentration camps. That’s the height of dishonesty or stupidity. Either way, both are unacceptable.
Completely agree. But DS guys like Ryan had no interest in fixing problems. How do you get re-elected fixing issues you campaign on? If anything Trump has attempted to fix issues. That is a big ass problem for both sides of Congress, where not fixing things so they can continue to run on the same issues year after year has become status quo.

Trump seems to want more permanent fixes, it’s the reason he continues to kick back half-assed (or some say bills with the give and take) solutions. He wants permanent fixes. It’s a train of thought Washington is not used to, and is vehemently against because resolved problems don’t bring in special interests money and close election running points.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017

She's like the female, dem version of Trump. Says outrageous stupid stuff. Gets called out for it, lies about what she said, gets called out again, creates another lie.

Her interview on CNN a couple of days ago was too funny. They talked about her opposition to the border bill, specifically the Senate bill. She complained it didn't include input from the House. It was pointed out she voted against the House bill. She rambled on and stammered her excuse for why she voted against it. It was pointed out the bill would provide some relief at the border for the families and children. She doubled down on why she didn't vote for it.

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
Trump may be a lot of things, but a male copy of AOC he is not. AOC has no equal other than some other members of the Democratic Party, matter of fact most all those running to become the Party nominee.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Trump may be a lot of things, but a male copy of AOC he is not. AOC has no equal other than some other members of the Democratic Party, matter of fact most all those running to become the Party nominee.
You are right. AO-C hasn't groped anyone that we know of, and she isn't bragging about it on TV.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
You are right. AO-C hasn't groped anyone that we know of, and she isn't bragging about it on TV.
True. I mean she's only for getting rid of the airline industry & thousands of jobs, but those are just minor details.

& btw, congratulations on your support & vote for Hillary Clinton, the candidate that slut-shames rape victims

You continue to prove, everyday, that a corpse has more intelligence than you

ttaghorn

Oct 29, 2008
Your right but how many diks has she swallowed in the past year. Care to venture a guess?

JG

Oct 29, 2008
You can go suk a Donkey.
I'll take that as a yes.

You refer to black people as "Negroes", and you refer to a woman you disagree with as promiscuous. Stereotyping in play here.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
I'll take that as a yes.

You refer to black people as "Negroes", and you refer to a woman you disagree with as promiscuous. Stereotyping in play here.
& you refer to Republicans as racist. Yet again, your own hypocrisy comes back to bitch slap you. Well done, dumfuq...

Thanks for your continued stupidity. Have a hypocritical day.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
to be fair -- he wasn't ON TV when he bragged about it.
Exactly, he thought he was having a private conversation with other men. At the time he probably thought he was still cool with the liberal crowd and not fully understanding the nest of vipers they are.

He bragged about it on camera that was taping a TV show. When there is a camera present, it's not a "private conversation with other men". At least most of us are smart enough to get that.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
He bragged about it on camera that was taping a TV show. When there is a camera present, it's not a "private conversation with other men". At least most of us are smart enough to get that.
Where is this footage? I have heard the recording, and even those who released it specifically said he had no idea it was recording.

Reactions: TexasPalladin

U.S. Bates

Nov 2, 2009
Here
I havent ever seen a video. Does one exist? All
I’ve heard was a recording, which admittedly is terrible, but not like you said “bragging about it on tv”. To me he was bragging about it off the record.

Doesn’t excuse that kind of talk tho.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
I havent ever seen a video. Does one exist? All
I’ve heard was a recording, which admittedly is terrible, but not like you said “bragging about it on tv”. To me he was bragging about it off the record.

Doesn’t excuse that kind of talk tho.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
JG the whole subject of the comments is secretly being recorded remotely and is just audio. If you don’t notice he changes immediately upon leaving the bus where the actual camera is I don’t know what to say.

It’s a remote audio feed where they get this talk. I would hate to have audio of many of the locker room talks from my sports days or military days because this would be PG-13 at best. My wife considers it PG compared to how most girls talk in locker rooms or bathrooms.

So that evidence really doesn’t work very well.

bodieman

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
JG the whole subject of the comments is secretly being recorded remotely and is just audio. If you don’t notice he changes immediately upon leaving the bus where the actual camera is I don’t know what to say.

It’s a remote audio feed where they get this talk. I would hate to have audio of many of the locker room talks from my sports days or military days because this would be PG-13 at best. My wife considers it PG compared to how most girls talk in locker rooms or bathrooms.

So that evidence really doesn’t work very well.
If you make sexual advances towards a woman who is married, then you’re a piece of ****. If you brag about it with a reporter on an access Hollywood bus, you’re both sleazy and a dumbass. If you try to seduce a married woman by taking her furniture shopping...I don’t even know if there are appropriate adjectives to describe that.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
If you make sexual advances towards a woman who is married, then you’re a piece of ****. If you brag about it with a reporter on an access Hollywood bus, you’re both sleazy and a dumbass. If you try to seduce a married woman by taking her furniture shopping...I don’t even know if there are appropriate adjectives to describe that.
Not arguing that. I wouldn’t do it. But thank god we don’t use these ridiculous moral high grounds as qualifiers for President or the ability to do great things. That would eliminate Bill Clinton, MLK, JFK, among others.

bodieman

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
Not arguing that. I wouldn’t do it. But thank god we don’t use these ridiculous moral high grounds as qualifiers for President or the ability to do great things. That would eliminate Bill Clinton, MLK, JFK, among others.
I understand your point, but I don’t think the comparison is apt.

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
I understand your point, but I don’t think the comparison is apt.
Maybe it isn’t. JFK had slews of extramarital affairs, recent stuff about MLK is worse, and Bill Clinton’s stuff is out there for all to see. Each one of those men did some pretty damned great things with regards to job performance, but if the media had dug into everything done in their private lives with as much vitriol as Trump it could be every bit as bad.

RIVALWEAR

Jan 12, 2012

Apparently you are not smart enough to understand the difference between being audio recorded and being video recorded.

My guess is they were already mic'd up for their upcoming appearance on TV and didn't expect for the audio to be recording.

Last edited:

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Somewhere, @Hiphopster believes this crap.

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez claims Border Police agents are forcing migrants to drink out of toilets and live under other extreme conditions — while the officers sit back and laugh."

“I see why CBP officers were being so physically &sexually threatening towards me,” the congresswoman tweeted Monday after leaving a US Customs and Border Protection facility in Texas."

“Officers were keeping women in cells w/ no water & had told them to drink out of the toilets,” she said. “This was them on their GOOD behavior in front of members of Congress.”

U.S. Bates

Nov 2, 2009
Here
Jail toilets are sometimes multi-purposed (sink, fountain and $hitter) so maybe that’s what she’s referring to?

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez claims Border Police agents are forcing migrants to drink out of toilets and live under other extreme conditions — while the officers sit back and laugh."

“I see why CBP officers were being so physically &sexually threatening towards me,” the congresswoman tweeted Monday after leaving a US Customs and Border Protection facility in Texas."

“Officers were keeping women in cells w/ no water & had told them to drink out of the toilets,” she said. “This was them on their GOOD behavior in front of members of Congress.”

She's stupid.

Ocasio-Cortez's accusations received immediate push back from officials who were there and who spoke to border reporter Anna Giaritelli.

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., screamed at federal law enforcement agents “in a threatening manner” during a visit to a U.S. Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, Monday afternoon and refused to tour the facility, according to two people who witnessed it," Giaritelli tweeted. "13 other House Democrats as well as their aides were in the room. I'm told only Rep. Ocasio-Cortez reacted in this manner."

She comes out screaming at our agents, right at the beginning [of the tour] … Crying and screaming and yelling,” a witness told the Washington Examiner. "The agents, they wanted to respond, but they held back because she’s a congressional delegate. But when you have someone yelling at you in a threatening manner."

"They were like, 'Hey, you need to kinda step back,'" the witness said.

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016

She's stupid.

Ocasio-Cortez's accusations received immediate push back from officials who were there and who spoke to border reporter Anna Giaritelli.

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., screamed at federal law enforcement agents “in a threatening manner” during a visit to a U.S. Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, Monday afternoon and refused to tour the facility, according to two people who witnessed it," Giaritelli tweeted. "13 other House Democrats as well as their aides were in the room. I'm told only Rep. Ocasio-Cortez reacted in this manner."

She comes out screaming at our agents, right at the beginning [of the tour] … Crying and screaming and yelling,” a witness told the Washington Examiner. "The agents, they wanted to respond, but they held back because she’s a congressional delegate. But when you have someone yelling at you in a threatening manner."

"They were like, 'Hey, you need to kinda step back,'" the witness said.
Everything is so theatrical. Everybody’s full of crap

Reactions: calvin farquhar

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Now it's ugly, very ugly. Secret Facebook group with current & former CPB officers under scrutiny for disturbing posts...& they made a photo, posted on their Facebook site as well (in the link)

eodhorn

Member Who Talks
Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
Now it's ugly, very ugly. Secret Facebook group with current & former CPB officers under scrutiny for disturbing posts...& they made a photo, posted on their Facebook site as well (in the link)

Yup, I hope the idiots that posted some of that horrible **** are fired at a minimum. It undermines any good BP is trying to do.

Reactions: calvin farquhar