Opt Outs on Texas' Schedule

btown1110

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Jan 23, 2012
Little bit of context, the kid apparently has sickle cell anemia AND asthma. Don't blame him for sitting out at all though it is a pretty bad look given that getting Koenning fired probably pulled 2-3 wins from them this year.

Ian Boyd

Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
Little bit of context, the kid apparently has sickle cell anemia AND asthma. Don't blame him for sitting out at all though it is a pretty bad look given that getting Koenning fired probably pulled 2-3 wins from them this year.
I dunno if asthma makes a difference with COVID, the sickle cell anemia seems like it really might matter. Of course, I don't know that avoiding playing football actually reduces his risk of being infected. That part seems spurious.

EvanPotter7

Feb 7, 2015
I dunno if asthma makes a difference with COVID, the sickle cell anemia seems like it really might matter. Of course, I don't know that avoiding playing football actually reduces his risk of being infected. That part seems spurious.
It does.

Fuddy

Sep 15, 2013
Drumm

Sources that I spoke this today tell me that the staff has given the opt-out deadline of today.

I have heard there COULD be a few, but most of the names that I have heard had little to nothing to do with Covid-19 and more to do with their personal circumstances.

You all have seen Kennedy Brooks report, via Jason Kersey OG the Athletic.

He may not be the only one to opt-out, and that has a lot to do with how much time a player has left (being a SR, etc) and more.

What I can tell you is that a few of the names I have been told are potentially opting out are bigger names on the Sooners roster.

That said, until the players talk with the staff, and come to a full decision on what they will do, I will leave their names out of this note.

Stay tuned...”

Ian Boyd

Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
Right. But still.
It's not Riley punting but it's bad for the Sooners. That offseason was tough on them.

They'll be okay though, they still have the ingredients for Riley to cook up an offense that will have them in contention.

clayinva

Sep 9, 2020
Looks like one other RB has carries on the season for Baylor. I'm not sure who else they have at the position, but for an offense that was marginally functional to begin with that doesn't sound pretty.