Recruiting: 2022's DJ Wesolak is one to watch

Justin Wells

Inside Texas Web Editor
Staff member
Jul 22, 2013
I'm surprised DJ Wesolak isn't rated higher. Then I see the offer list and it's only a matter of time for the junior from Boonville, MO. Penn State, Tennessee, OU, and Missouri have already offered, and it looks like more is on the way.

At 6-foot-5, 225 pounds, the three-star defensive end is enjoying a strong junior campaign.

"I feel that Covid has been difficult for a lot of athletes, but I took advantage of it," Wesolak said. "I used all the free time we had from last year and this year to just improve my body and game and it honestly helped me."

Wesolak's season is already over, so now he can focus on the offseason. It will include more work, but also more attention towards recruiting.

"All the colleges that offered me have been really close throughout this process," Wesolak said. "It’s been amazing honestly, and a great time. It’s great to build these relationships and learn about programs.“

One of those schools caught his attention with an offer last week.

"Texas is an amazing football program and school that often dominates in almost all sports," said Wesolak. "They produce great, talented athletes, on and off the field. After Covid, I’m really looking forward to taking a visit to Austin.

This is a guy worth watching, regardless of the future of UT's staff. The Big Ten, SEC, and Big 12 are on alert. Film time.

Reactions: wabash