Sen. Al Franken is next

Shane3

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 17, 2015
Prosecutors reviewing cases in the wake of #MeToo movement have repeatedly run into issues of crimes being too old to prosecute under California law. Despite hundreds of women accusing director James Toback of sexual misconduct, Los Angeles prosecutors declined to file charges after five investigations were forwarded by police, mostly on grounds that they were beyond the legal statute of limitations.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It
http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

This is bad and if recent history is any indication, there will be more stuff like this coming out about him.

It's unacceptable, and he should step down.

See guys? It's not that hard.
It will probably take many years to clean up the DC Swamp.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/k-street-insiders/392913-women-speak-of-pervasive-harassment-in-dc-lobbying

On K Street — the term for Washington’s cadre of lobbyists, political operatives and people working in public relations — deals are often done over dinner or drinks, on business travel or retreats.

Much like Capitol Hill, the influence industry remains dominated by men, creating an environment where women say they are often subject to harassment and worse. Unlike in other industries, however, few women have been willing to come forward to talk about it.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Keith Ellison.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/08/12/keith-ellison-denies-abuse-allegations-from-ex-girlfriend/amp/

MINNEAPOLIS — Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison on Sunday denied an allegation from an ex-girlfriend that he had once dragged her off a bed while screaming obscenities at her — an allegation that came just days before a Tuesday primary in which the congressman is among several Democrats running for state attorney general.

The allegation first surfaced Saturday night from Karen Monahan after her son alleged in a Facebook post that he had seen hundreds of angry text messages from Ellison, some threatening his mother. He also wrote he had viewed a video in which Ellison dragged Monahan off the bed by her feet. Monahan, a Minneapolis political organizer, said via Twitter that what her son posted was “true.”

Ellison denied the allegation of physical abuse. A spokesman for his campaign also denied the congressman had sent threatening text messages.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
First #MeToo strike.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/mcdonalds-employees-to-stage-first-metoo-strike.html

• McDonald's employees staged a strike in 10 cities Tuesday to draw attention to sexual harassment at the burger giant.
  • Carrying signs that read "#MeToo McDonald's," hundreds of cooks and cashiers walked out on their jobs to gather and speak out, organizers said.
  • Ten McDonald's employees have filed charges against the company, according to Law360, a subscription legal news service.

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
Keith Ellison.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/08/12/keith-ellison-denies-abuse-allegations-from-ex-girlfriend/amp/

MINNEAPOLIS — Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison on Sunday denied an allegation from an ex-girlfriend that he had once dragged her off a bed while screaming obscenities at her — an allegation that came just days before a Tuesday primary in which the congressman is among several Democrats running for state attorney general.

The allegation first surfaced Saturday night from Karen Monahan after her son alleged in a Facebook post that he had seen hundreds of angry text messages from Ellison, some threatening his mother. He also wrote he had viewed a video in which Ellison dragged Monahan off the bed by her feet. Monahan, a Minneapolis political organizer, said via Twitter that what her son posted was “true.”

Ellison denied the allegation of physical abuse. A spokesman for his campaign also denied the congressman had sent threatening text messages.
The Kavanaugh cabal seems really disinterested in justice here.

We need to believe these accusations full stop. His career should be over.

windycityhorn

Jun 11, 2012
Megyn Kelly looks like she's done on NBC forever. (That didn't take as long as I thought.) Turns out that debating whether blackface is racist on a morning show in 2018 is not ideal for the demo.

Anyway, she is currently negotiating her exit from NBC and has asked that Ronan Farrow sit in the session. I'm no fan of Megyn Kelly but she's going down swinging, and I hope she does some damage on the way out.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Megyn Kelly looks like she's done on NBC forever. (That didn't take as long as I thought.) Turns out that debating whether blackface is racist on a morning show in 2018 is not ideal for the demo.

Anyway, she is currently negotiating her exit from NBC and has asked that Ronan Farrow sit in the session. I'm no fan of Megyn Kelly but she's going down swinging, and I hope she does some damage on the way out.
She made the mistake of thinking she was on some sort of hard hitting investigative news program and not one of those feel good ass kiss stay at home mommy shows. As long as the on air talent caters to that demo you can be a swinging dick with a remote control door lock on your desk so you can trap unsuspecting women in our office for a little gang bang.

JG

Oct 29, 2008

Once again, rainmakers get protected and people who cost money get the ax. As always...don't cause problems when you are costing money instead of making it.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Once again, rainmakers get protected and people who cost money get the ax. As always...don't cause problems when you are costing money instead of making it.
Nailed it. Though I'd add if she were an out and out liberal she'd probably get some cover. She became a media darling when she questioned Trump during the debate. The shine wore off fast.

Reactions: TexasPalladin

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Nailed it. Though I'd add if she were an out and out liberal she'd probably get some cover. She became a media darling when she questioned Trump during the debate. The shine wore off fast.
Not quite. If her show were killing it, she'd get cover. It's not - ratings have been plummeting.

NBC doesn't care if she's a media darling - they want eyeballs so they can make money. That ain't happening...so goodbye Megyn.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Not quite. If her show were killing it, she'd get cover. It's not - ratings have been plummeting.

NBC doesn't care if she's a media darling - they want eyeballs so they can make money. That ain't happening...so goodbye Megyn.
True but she did scam them for about $70 million so that's a job most would take.

futures2015

May 2, 2015

UPDATE: Megyn Kelly Gets the Last Laugh After NBC Fires Her

4 days ago ...
“What is racist?” Kelly said on her 9am show. “Truly, you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as a character.”

Though she apologized profusely afterwards, NBC used this as an opportunity to get rid of the conservative star. Afterwards, exit negotiations between Kelly and NBC dragged on for months as the network desperately tried to finagle a way out of paying her the massive payout. Unfortunately for the network, however, Kelly ended up coming out victorious and is walking away with a massive $69 million payout.
Good for her.

Last edited:

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
Of course it only seems that every swinging dick with money and power is a sexual predator, including our fucling President. But I know that for every instance of men using their power to sexually abuse women and get away with it, at least until the #metoo movement, there are innumerable other men who are and always have been completely innocent of this sort of behavior, and have always respected and honored women. Unfortunately though, it reflects badly on all men, especially those, while not guilty themselves, who knew of men who were. I'm afraid there were many more of those.

But I'd like to see the punishment for those men, especially the public figures, who proved to be guilty to include publicly chopping their balls off. It wouldn't undo the harm done, but as Voltaire wrote satirically, "pour encourager les autres" by which, of course, he meant ' in order to discourage the others'. And, I'm pretty sure, it would greatly discourage the guilty from becoming repeat offenders.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Of course it only seems that every swinging dick with money and power is a sexual predator, including our fucling President. But I know that for every instance of men using their power to sexually abuse women and get away with it, at least until the #metoo movement, there are innumerable other men who are and always have been completely innocent of this sort of behavior, and have always respected and honored women. Unfortunately though, it reflects badly on all men, especially those, while not guilty themselves, who knew of men who were. I'm afraid there were many more of those.

But I'd like to see the punishment for those men, especially the public figures, who proved to be guilty to include publicly chopping their balls off. It wouldn't undo the harm done, but as Voltaire wrote satirically, "pour encourager les autres" by which, of course, he meant ' in order to discourage the others'. And, I'm pretty sure, it would greatly discourage the guilty from becoming repeat offenders.
Another one.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-kevin-tsujihara-exit-as-studio-chief-1054951

In a Hollywood Reporter article on March 6, text messages between the executive and Charlotte Kirk revealed that Tsujihara said that he would push for auditions for the actress amid an apparent sexual relationship that he was having with her. The actress appeared in two Warner Bros. films: 2016's How to Be Single and 2018's Ocean's 8. Tsujihara's personal attorney stated, "Mr. Tsujihara had no direct role in the hiring of this actress." An outside law firm continues to investigate the claims made against Tsujihara.