Senior Bowl measurements for the Big 12

Ian Boyd

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
Accurate, independently sourced measurements are ALWAYS fascinating for college players. Those roster tables on school websites often serve as either a marketing tool for the school or the individual player, or else some guidelines for the players on what the school's expectations are for weight during the season. I've had long, tedious (especially for the other guy) debates on the actual heights and weights of various players in the Big 12 in the past. You can't know for certain based on what the roster reads.

But now? We have some senior bowl measurements for a few of the most impactful players in the Big 12 over the last few seasons. I've got the details and some notes on the more interesting revelations.

Sam Ehlinger
6-1, 222
6-3 wingspan
30" arms
9 3/4" hands

In the last couple of seasons, 2020 in particular, Sam Ehlinger started to trim up to focus on quickness and throwing velocity rather than trying to be a 230 pound bludgeon. Texas would generously list him at 6-3, 230 pounds and he'd approach the latter at times, moreso earlier in his time at Texas when power running was a bigger part of his game.

Heading into the NFL his goal will be to prove his abilities as a passer, particularly when not tasked with picking up third and short or second and goal as a regular matter of course. Having big hands will be a benefit there, Ehlinger needs to learn to get the ball out faster and not be a hero in the pocket on play-action attempts but the fact he's been wildly turnover-averse will be an attractive quality and having big, strong hands is a part of his success there.

Rhamondre Stevenson
5-11, 227
6-3 wingspan
30" arms
9" hands

Stevenson was listed at like 245 heading into last year but it would be note on broadcasts he was down to 235 or 230 or some such. Stevenson really did himself some favors this season, imo. The NFL really likes backs who can run through arm tackles in the box and pick up steady gains while possessing the quickness to jump cut. You can't just create easy space and lanes for track stars to run through as easily at the next level, unless you're Kyle Shanahan, so having a back with some agility and power is valuable.

Tylan Wallace
5-11, 193
6-1 wingspan
32 5/8" arms
9 1/2" hands

Wallace checks in smaller than expected. He'll probably run something in the 4.55 or 4.6 range at the combine and people will question his athleticism, size, etc. My guess is he'll be a value pick for someone, I have little doubt in his ability to translate to the NFL. If he has a 38" vertical at the combine perhaps he won't slip too far.

Jack Anderson
6-4, 309
6-5.5 wingspan
31 5/8" arms
10" hands

Jack Anderson was always considered a interior guy, always, and was listed as a "center" prospect coming out of Frisco, Texas. The Red Raiders ignored his NFL athleticism and solid size and played him at guard rather than tackle, perhaps this was his preference in pursuit of his professional aspirations. He helped the Raiders from guard though and was very effective there, he's probably going to benefit from banking several years of reps inside rather than needing to transition just in time for crucial roster-making times.

Adrian Ealy
6-6, 326
7-0 wingspan
32 5/8" arms
10" hands

OU's big man measured as being big. He'll probably go in the early rounds, his pass protection at right tackle was good last season and he has size and power in the run game as well. Someone may even move him to left tackle, Oklahoma would have done so but he was more comfortable on the right. It's hard to believe he couldn't figure it out on the left with more time.

Creed Humphrey
6-4, 312
6-7.5" wingspan
31 6/8" arms
9 5/8" hands

The Sooners sure can pick'em up front. They regularly field the biggest and longest line in the Big 12 by a fair margin, finding guys with NBA wingspans to play not only tackle but inside at guard or center as well. Humphrey is bigger with better reach than Tech's star Jack Anderson. It's obvious the Sooners look carefully at wingspan when selecting their prospects on the offensive line.

William Bradley-King
6-3, 254
6-8.5 wingspan
32 3/4" arms
10 1/4 inch hands

Bradley-King wasn't really agile enough to play jack for Baylor this year, so they kept him down on the line as a strongside defensive end, a position from which he had 3.5 sacks last season. Without serious explosiveness on the edge or the ability to drop back into coverage, I think WBK's days playing football are probably drawing to a close. You can't draft a guy this small to play strongside end in the NFL and if he can't drop and cover then his edge rushing needs to be elite, which it isn't.

Ta'Quon Graham
6-3, 290
7-1 wingspan
34 7/8" arms
10 5/8" hands

Graham's reach was put to use last season as a 3-technique in Chris Ash's 4-3 defense. He's played mostly as a 4i-technique, where he was effective, or as a 3-technique in his days as a Longhorn. Last year he had seven TFLs and two sacks playing this position. He's best as a run defender, but not terribly large for playing inside where he relied on his quickness and reach at Texas. He could be a 3-down defensive end and slide in at times to help as a looper or stunner in a blitz package. The hope for his NFL future is that he has a lot of untapped upside as an interior prospect.

Wyatt Hubert
6-2, 265
6-5 wingspan
30" arms
10 1/8" hands

Hubert came in smaller than his listed size at K-State by about an inch and 5-10 pounds. He's a very complete prospect as a defensive end but the lack of extra size hurts a little because he has very little familiarity with dropping into coverage. Unlike WBK though, he's got a very thorough collection of pass-rushing and run-stopping techniques for playing up on the line.

Tony Fields
6-1, 222
6-4 wingspan
30 3/4" arms
9" hands

The West Virginia linebacker had a nice year running free to the ball behind the Stills bros. I don't think he'll be super intriguing to the NFL as a smaller guy who played pretty strictly in the box last year and was schemed to be running pretty free much of the time. He's not a guy you can expect to cover an option route in the seam or rush the passer, for instance. And his lack of size could be an issue if asked to play in the box without the benefit of depth, space, and a pair of dominant defensive tackles in front of him.

Tre Brown
5-9, 188
6-2.5 wingspan
30 1/4" arms
9 1/2" hands

I knew Brown was small, I'm curious when OU will admit Jaden Davis is even smaller. They had Brown at 5-10, 186 this season and Davis at 5-10, 185. No way. Brown didn't have the season he needed to have in order to really boost his NFL stock. He should run well though, which will help him some.

Rodarius Williams
6-0, 193
6-4.5 wingspan
31" arms
9 1/4" hands

Now we're talking. Ro Williams has ideal NFL size for cornerback, not only is he fairly big but has long wingspan as well, and of course some terrific film as well to confirm he knows what to do with it all. I'm not sure what he'll run at the combine, if he gets below 4.6 you gotta figure he could work into the first or second round.

Tre Norwood
5-11, 192
6-0 wingspan
29 1/8" arms
9 1/2" hands

I think this is probably the end of the line for Tre Norwood. His best use at Oklahoma was typically as a stick-fingered, coverage-savvy safety who could keep the ball in front of him, free up players underneath to be aggressive, and then clean up throws that were tipped or sailed into the deep zones he occupied. It's kind of a shame for the Sooners he didn't come back for another season, really sound deep zone defenders are always nice to have around and he had a huge impact in a couple of big games for the Sooners over the years.

It'll be interesting to see how these practices go for the Big 12 seniors. Sam Ehlinger in particular has a path ahead of him to try and shape a narrative he can be a smart, pro-style passer and not a "Taysom Hill-type" or nonsense like that. The Taysom Hill or Jalen Hurts comps wouldn't hold up past the combine, he needs to show he can read defenses and throw the ball.

DuvalHorn

Nov 1, 2017
Just FYI, they aren't doing a normal Combine this year. The workouts are being done at campus pro days.

Reactions: bHero

Ian Boyd

Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
6'1? Wow. I actually believed he was 6'3.

So if Thompson is listed at 6'1 and Card at 6'2....
Glimpsing at a moment in the Alamo bowl where Ehlinger stands next to Card from a potentially misleading angle I'll guess Card really is 6-2. He appears to be a shade taller than Ehlinger.

Reactions: stilesbbq and bHero

_b ez_

Jan 31, 2018
Wyatt Hubert
6-2, 265
6-5 wingspan
30" arms
10 1/8" hands

Hubert came in smaller than his listed size at K-State by about an inch and 5-10 pounds. He's a very complete prospect as a defensive end but the lack of extra size hurts a little because he has very little familiarity with dropping into coverage. Unlike WBK though, he's got a very thorough collection of pass-rushing and run-stopping techniques for playing up on the line.

Tre Brown
5-9, 188
6-2.5 wingspan
30 1/4" arms
9 1/2" hands

I knew Brown was small, I'm curious when OU will admit Jaden Davis is even smaller. They had Brown at 5-10, 186 this season and Davis at 5-10, 185. No way. Brown didn't have the season he needed to have in order to really boost his NFL stock. He should run well though, which will help him some.
Hubert was 6'2-3/4 and Brown was 5'9-3/4. Just a hair under 6'3" and 5'10".

Seems weird to round down almost an whole inch but then provide commentary on why that lack of an inch is going to hurt them?

Ian Boyd

Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
Ypsilanti, MI
Hubert was 6'2-3/4 and Brown was 5'9-3/4. Just a hair under 6'3" and 5'10".

Seems weird to round down almost an whole inch but then provide commentary on why that lack of an inch is going to hurt them?
Didn’t see the numbers on those, I rounded up normally under similar circumstances.

Reactions: _b ez_