Should Texas A&M offer Dimitri Moore?

Ghost

Member Who Talks
Aug 27, 2016
With Baron Browning leaning elsewhere at the moment, should an offer be extended to Moore?

There are some questions regarding his size and frame, but he is pyhsical and plays the hell out of the position. I feel Moore is a prospect that you bring in the program and let develop in the weight program. I think Dimitri's frame can hold 225 in couple of years, which is acceptable for a college OLB.

Thoughts?

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
He looks great, I don't think size will be an issue, but I'm not a fan of the way he takes on blocks. I prefer him as an edge OLB. He and his brother are quite different players.

Texas A&M should stay on Devodrick Johnson in the event Texas doesn't offer, or takes too long.

Ghost

Member Who Talks
Aug 27, 2016
He looks great, I don't think size will be an issue, but I'm not a fan of the way he takes on blocks. I prefer him as an edge OLB. He and his brother are quite different players.

Texas A&M should stay on Devodrick Johnson in the event Texas doesn't offer, or takes too long.
I think he can be a disruptive force on the edge. I'm not very high on Devodrick Johnson.

Ghost

Member Who Talks
Aug 27, 2016
Big fan of DJ. He'd thrive in the fox role.
I disagree. He has more of a narrow frame, so I don't think he can hold a ton of weight. I don't see anything to suggest he is capable of playing Fox.

Last edited:

Ghost

Member Who Talks
Aug 27, 2016
Why not?

His raw traits are obvious, there just isn't a whole lot of defensive tape on him to answer questions like hitting run fits and instincts.
I think is athleticism is a tad overrated. I wonder how much weight he can truly hold, he has more of a narrow frame thats stuck between being a LB and S.

He needs alot of developing before you can truly project what kind of player he can be.

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
I disagree. He has more of a narrow frame, so I don't think he can hold a ton of weight. I don't see anything to suggest he is capable of playing Fox.
He wouldn't be a good Fox at Texas, but he'd be good in that Striker role at OU that Kenneth Murray will play.

HelmetBoy

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 31, 2009
But Chaisson has the length to fill out. I think Chaisson will be able to carry 245 easily in a couple of years.
I tend to agree although I don't know if he'll be a guy that can step in and make an impact right away without spending a little time in the lab. That's for the "does he belong in the top 10" debate.

Ghost

Member Who Talks
Aug 27, 2016
I tend to agree although I don't know if he'll be a guy that can step in and make an impact right away without spending a little time in the lab. That's for the "does he belong in the top 10" debate.
Yeah, I don't think he's a guy that can step in right away and make a high impact. He'll need some time to improve his strength and gain more mass.

stringsays

Aug 23, 2016
The rumor is that Moore would rather not follow his brother and instead wants to chart his own course so he and the A&M staff have mutually parted ways

Who knows what will happen later in the cycle tho.

Horn18

Mar 22, 2012

Is it shaping up to be a winner gets Hines and loser takes DJ thing? (Which is not a bad consolation prize)

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
Is Tech leading for Moore at the moment? Think he fits their scheme?
I think Tech's in a good spot for him but I don't know if it leads. I think he likes Arkansas too, or at least he did last time I rolled through CH. As for fit, I need to get a better idea of what Tech is doing on defense. I like Moore coming off the edge, but not between the tackles.