Slow response

bevobilly

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Texarkana
hey guys is it just me or is the response time on the IT web site slow? I dont seem to be having this kind of problems with other sites on my p/c. thanks and as always HOOK EM

bevobilly

Oct 29, 2008
Texarkana
for example when I go into the forums or to read a story like Kindle is coming back or any of the forum posts it connects to the page and then says its done connecting but hesitates to connect for at least 20 seconds or sometimes longer. sometimes just kicking me out of IT, saying not found. Im no computer pro but this hasnt happened when I go into other sites like dallas cowboys football or texas rangers baseball.

djbfootball

Oct 29, 2008
At a Ball Field near you..
donaldjboyles.smugmug.com
for example when I go into the forums or to read a story like Kindle is coming back or any of the forum posts it connects to the page and then says its done connecting but hesitates to connect for at least 20 seconds or sometimes longer. sometimes just kicking me out of IT, saying not found. Im no computer pro but this hasnt happened when I go into other sites like dallas cowboys football or texas rangers baseball.

That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

What type of browser do you use?? I.E., Fire Fox, Safari??

ClendonRoss

Co-Publisher
Aug 8, 2008
Austin, Tex.
There seem to be some intermittent issues with ad serving, which slows down the loading of the pages. We'll try to have it fixed ASAP.

bevobilly

Oct 29, 2008
Texarkana
thanks clendon things seem to be working better now. sorry to djb im a little comp. illiterate and had to find what a browser was ha ha.

djbfootball

Oct 29, 2008
At a Ball Field near you..
donaldjboyles.smugmug.com
thanks clendon things seem to be working better now. sorry to djb im a little comp. illiterate and had to find what a browser was ha ha.

The reason I asked that question is that you can a plug-in to block some of those adds.

I use Fire Fox as my web browser and have a AdBlock that eliminated some of those pesky adds that slows down the loading of a site.

bevobilly

Oct 29, 2008
Texarkana
thanks djb im going to look into that. I know now that I have IE as my browser. My son who attends SHSU and for 2 years now weve gone to UT and seen the horns for the first time, informed me what browser meant thanks for all your help, and as always HOOKEM!

tfh714

Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
The pages still load REAL slow for me, and it is an ad issue, because during the delays it shows that it is downloading material from doubleclick, which is an internet advertising provider. Clendon, is IT still working on this issue? It is annoying....

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
The pages still load REAL slow for me, and it is an ad issue, because during the delays it shows that it is downloading material from doubleclick, which is an internet advertising provider. Clendon, is IT still working on this issue? It is annoying....
Do you use Firefox as your browser? If not, I would suggest you do. There is a free add-on that blocks the ads. It's not available for free in IE. There is also, in the tools section, a way to set it to spell check. I've been trying to get NTH and djb to use it.:-D

tfh714

Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
Do you use Firefox as your browser? If not, I would suggest you do. There is a free add-on that blocks the ads. It's not available for free in IE. There is also, in the tools section, a way to set it to spell check. I've been trying to get NTH and djb to use it.:-D

Thanks for the advice, SA, I'll give it a try.

ClendonRoss

Co-Publisher
Aug 8, 2008
Austin, Tex.
Hey tfh. Hadn't heard of any continued trouble till you mentioned it. I'll have our tech folks take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

tfh714

Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
Hey tfh. Hadn't heard of any continued trouble till you mentioned it. I'll have our tech folks take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey Clendon, I took sahornfan's suggestion and switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox, and the difference was really dramatic - much faster page loading (even before adding the ad blocker he referred to). I guess I would recommend the IE users switch - for some reason the ads loading really bog IE down big time. Anyway, thanks for looking into it.

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hey Clendon, I took sahornfan's suggestion and switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox, and the difference was really dramatic - much faster page loading (even before adding the ad blocker he referred to). I guess I would recommend the IE users switch - for some reason the ads loading really bog IE down big time. Anyway, thanks for looking into it.
tfh
Glad to hear it's working better for you. It's nice to see that, occasionally, my advice is actually worth a chit.