Texas, Minnesota could play football series

dnddavis

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Am looking forward now, after reading what Coach Brewster said, to the home-and-home between the Gophers and the Longhorns. What he did while at Texas in the recruitment of Vince particularly will always be most significant; his son playing for Texas goes a long way, too, in the esteem I have for him.

Big 12 against the Big Ten/Eleven is a BigDeal whatever the records. Doesn't happen all that often but bet this matchup happens.

mathis

Member Who Talks
Oct 31, 2008
Makes you wonder why we rejected Brewster's efforts last off-season (as reported by the AA-S.)

editionshield

Oct 29, 2008
interesting too that Brewster confirmed it to reporters two days ago, while Worley is saying "premature". apparently the respective programs failed to get on the same page about this in terms of getting the word out....

mdhorn

Oct 29, 2008
I'd be happy with this game. I'd like Wisconsin better, and Ohio state the best, but I'll take Minnesota. They usually have a strong running game much like the rest of the big 10/11.

Bitterwhiteguy

Oct 29, 2008
I'd be happy with this game. I'd like Wisconsin better, and Ohio state the best, but I'll take Minnesota. They usually have a strong running game much like the rest of the big 10/11.
Yea, I'd be happy with Minnesota instead of Central Wyoming Seminary for the Blind.

ChadUT

Oct 29, 2008
The 2009 schedule is pathetic, there is no other way to describe it. Losing Arkansas hurt a lot because they may be half-way decent this season.

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
The 2009 schedule is pathetic, there is no other way to describe it. Losing Arkansas hurt a lot because they may be half-way decent this season.
Mack normally likes to schedule 1 BCS team of good but not great quality like Arkansas or UCLA in 2010 and 2011. That way the nonconference schedule is at least respectable without a high probability of losing.

Losing Ark means we have to assume we have to run the table to make the BCS championship game.

tulsa joe

Member Who Talks
Feb 1, 2009
The last time UT played Minnesota was 1936 - Minn won. An outstanding player for Minnesota was their quarterback (blocking back ) named Bud Wilkinson. Minn won the NC in 1934, 1935 and 1936.

drnlaw

Member Who Talks
Nov 11, 2008
:)
The last time UT played Minnesota was 1936 - Minn won. An outstanding player for Minnesota was their quarterback (blocking back ) named Bud Wilkinson. Minn won the NC in 1934, 1935 and 1936.
Yep. And has been mostly irrelevant since then. BUT -- maybe Brewster can turn things around up there.

One thing you've got to give the Gophers credit for: decent scheduling, and with this development, if it comes to pass, it goes from just decent to downright bold.

Hope it happens.