Texas State

El Barco

Member Who Talks
Dec 14, 2012
Spicewood
I like that you guys started this board. My graduate alma mater (Texas State) never seems to offer or be a factor for many recruits. Maybe I'm only paying attention to the recruits that are out of their reach?

I would like to get your opinion of what is going on down there, and why a place like San Marcos isn't a bigger sell for some under the radar guys?

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor
Staff member
Dec 19, 2011
Thoreau'd on Walden
I like that you guys started this board. My graduate alma mater (Texas State) never seems to offer or be a factor for many recruits. Maybe I'm only paying attention to the recruits that are out of their reach?

I would like to get your opinion of what is going on down there, and why a place like San Marcos isn't a bigger sell for some under the radar guys?
I followed their 2015 class pretty closely and I thought it had some quality talent. My best friend is a season ticket holder so I keep up with it a little bit.

I think Landon Beck had to give up football. He was going to be damn good. Also, Javier Edwards couldn't get eligible so now he's at Blinn then headed to Florida. That's terrible luck.

TXST will have to win to boost its profile, the issue there is you need talent to win. So identification/evaluation and development is key. Pretty telling Franchione couldn't pull this off to a better extent. Along with recruiting HS, you have to build Juco pipelines and keep an ear to the street for transfers. Look at what Houston has done with transfers. TXST needs to do that.

San Marcos is a great town in a great part of the state. More importantly from a football standpoint, Cen-Tex overall is becoming more talented with the influx of people. TXST needs to capitalize. There's no excuse for TXST to not become a perennial conference power. It'll take some time, though, and the right coach.

I think Mike Jinks would have killed it there had the timing aligned.

Reactions: Hiphopster