Jeff Grimes

Defensive coordinators:

Jon Heacock
Jim Knowles
Alex Grinch
Gary Patterson
Dave Aranda
Pete Kwiatkowski

Let's get weird, folks. I am very, very excited.

sherf1

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Dec 8, 2018
Nice to see the conference get back to it after a notable drop the last couple years.

utrangerbob

Member Who Talks
Dec 2, 2020
B12 went undefeated in bowl games this year. We've got the coaches here, can we get past the media bias against the B12 and finally get the recruits to match those coaches. Poach hard from the Pac 12 try to keep Texas kids at Texas and keep beating the SEC with lesser recruits and we might be able to shift the narrative away from the SEC.

funky123

Member Who Talks
Apr 1, 2019
You could argue the Big 12 now has 2 of the top 5 OC’s in college football(Riley + Sark). And then you could also argue the Big 12 has two of the top 5 DC’s in college football(Kwiatkowski + Heacock).

Am I pumping sunshine or does UT have a legitimate claim for top 5 Coordinators on both sides of the ball?

Reactions: _piihb_

sherf1

Dec 8, 2018
You could argue the Big 12 now has 2 of the top 5 OC’s in college football(Riley + Sark). And then you could also argue the Big 12 has two of the top 5 DC’s in college football(Kwiatkowski + Heacock).

Am I pumping sunshine or does UT have a legitimate claim for top 5 Coordinators on both sides of the ball?
We'll have to see how Sark combined play calling with HC duties.

And how PK adapts to the Big 12.

But obviously seems a reasonable argument based off last couple years performances in those roles at their prior schools.

Reactions: funky123

Toadvine

Aug 22, 2013
Austin
We'll have to see how Sark combined play calling with HC duties.

And how PK adapts to the Big 12.

But obviously seems a reasonable argument based off last couple years performances in those roles at their prior schools.
I'm more confident Pete K translates than I am Sark translates without talent upgrades. The PAC secretly has had a run of really badass offensive coaches over the past few years. There just hasn't been anyone who has worked out how to maximize both sides of the ball.

Reactions: bowman93 and sherf1