Drag to reposition cover

The NCAA 14 thread

josephcook

Inside Texas Writer
Staff member
Feb 11, 2013
Austin
While waiting to see what Madden cooks up with the college portion in the next edition, thought I’d start a thread about the last edition of the best sports video game ever.

Currently, Texas head coach Joe Cook is set to play in the 2015 BCS National title game versus Houston. The Longhorns are seeking their second national title in three seasons. Defensive coordinator Gary Patterson leads the country’s best defense, while Scott Satterfield coordinated an offense led by Heisman Trophy winner Jalen Overstreet.

Recruiting could be better, but I’ve got a 5 star WR in the class.

Reactions: shiv80

TOK2000

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
May 3, 2010
Are there hacks to update rosters with current players?

jtsween

Member Who Talks
Sep 30, 2017
Are there hacks to update rosters with current players?
There are people who make rosters public online. They do it for the whole country though, so sometimes accuracy is questionable, and I almost always make some edits to the teams I am familiar with.
Here's the link to last year's rosters because they are actually finished:
Here's a link to this year's rosters which aren't close to done yet:

Instructions for how to download should be in the thread

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
The 2009 NCAA Florida Gators were the biggest cheat code of all time in a game. Too much speed on offense and Carlos Dunlap on the edge was hilarious.

junglerules

Feb 23, 2012
Texas
Tried to play earlier this summer, but my ps3 won't seem to take discs anymore. It seems like there is a disc in the drive but it won't eject it. I've debated buying a refurbished ps3 just to play it, but not sure how much that would cost or how much I'd want to spend. Do the servers still work well enough to do online dynasties?

nathan2003

Aug 4, 2019
Tried to play earlier this summer, but my ps3 won't seem to take discs anymore. It seems like there is a disc in the drive but it won't eject it. I've debated buying a refurbished ps3 just to play it, but not sure how much that would cost or how much I'd want to spend. Do the servers still work well enough to do online dynasties?
Servers went offline last year. I just started "Road To Glory" mode on my 2013 PS3 edition and noticed. I hadn't played since 2015. Still a blast. Much better recruiting in 13 than in the 14 edition.

Last edited:

northhorn

Jan 24, 2012
While waiting to see what Madden cooks up with the college portion in the next edition, thought I’d start a thread about the last edition of the best sports video game ever.

Currently, Texas head coach Joe Cook is set to play in the 2015 BCS National title game versus Houston. The Longhorns are seeking their second national title in three seasons. Defensive coordinator Gary Patterson leads the country’s best defense, while Scott Satterfield coordinated an offense led by Heisman Trophy winner Jalen Overstreet.

Recruiting could be better, but I’ve got a 5 star WR in the class.
I got the new Madden last night just to see if it had a good college portion. The answer is **** YES. Unfortunately, though, the only portion of the game that you can play in it is the CFB Playoff but still, it fills a very small partial void to losing the NCAA franchise. It has 10 teams. Off the top of my head, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Florida State, LSU, Clemson, Oregon and a couple more that I can’t remember off the top of my head. Unless I’m missing something, Madden should’ve allowed users to just play exhibition games between whatever college teams they wanted in the format.

It’s not the NCAA franchise BUT, it’s a step in the right direction.