Tim Conway has died

BobInHouston

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 31, 2008
Funny, funny guy. Used to watch him on McHale’s Navy way back when. Always loved how Harvey Korman couldn’t keep a straight face when they were in a sketch together on Carol Burnett
One reason for this was because Tim was a writer for the show. He would write the sketch, and then go off script... so Harvey had no idea what was coming.

BEW

Mar 16, 2012
One reason for this was because Tim was a writer for the show. He would write the sketch, and then go off script... so Harvey had no idea what was coming.
I didn't know that. Thanks

hornfish

Dec 15, 2017
I didn't either. Heard it on a portion of an old interview with TC that was replayed this morning. Made it so much more understandable.
He went off script all the time, that’s what messed all of them up. That one I linked was completely improvised.

rodofdisaster

Nov 27, 2016
Northeast USA
My dad used to let me try to stay up to watch The Carol Burnett Show and when I was really little I would always fall asleep. So much comedic talent on that show. Real talent. Tim Conway especially.

I remember so many laugh-so-hard-your-diaphragm-spasms laughters.

Reactions: Bobcat 9

Bobcat 9

Jan 24, 2012
Houston, Texas
My dad used to let me try to stay up to watch The Carol Burnett Show and when I was really little I would always fall asleep. So much comedic talent on that show. Real talent. Tim Conway especially.

I remember so many laugh-so-hard-your-diaphragm-spasms laughters.
Saturday night was the best night for TV. Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, Newhart.

Reactions: rodofdisaster