User questions? Post here

tfh714

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
We are all posting questions for Clendon, et. al. in various places and on various threads. I am starting this thread so that everyone can post their questions in one place, and the IT boys can go to one place to compile/answer them. So let the questions and suggestions rip, and lets help them out by aggregating them in this thread, if possible. Clendon, if this makes sense, maybe you will want to pin it.

LonghornRon

Oct 29, 2008
Houston, TX
On the Scout site my credit card was automatically billed when my subscription was up. Will that be the case here or do I need to submit my billing information somewhere on this site?

tfh714

Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
On the Scout site my credit card was automatically billed when my subscription was up. Will that be the case here or do I need to submit my billing information somewhere on this site?

Ron, see the thread "email you should have gotten from me." You are good to go here until the expiration of your Scout subscription, but have to cancel that or Scout will automatically renew.

LonghornRon

Oct 29, 2008
Houston, TX
Ron, see the thread "email you should have gotten from me." You are good to go here until the expiration of your Scout subscription, but have to cancel that or Scout will automatically renew.
I know I'm all set until my Scout subscription expires. I was wondering what happened to my membership on this site at that time. Did my billing information trnasfer to Inside Texas?

Bitterwhiteguy

Oct 29, 2008
Any chance we could get name changes instituted here? It's not difficult through the admincp.

ClendonRoss

Co-Publisher
Aug 8, 2008
Austin, Tex.
I know I'm all set until my Scout subscription expires. I was wondering what happened to my membership on this site at that time. Did my billing information trnasfer to Inside Texas?
Hey Ron. Thanks for being here!

To answer your question, no, we do not have your billing information. At the time of your expiration, you'll need to "renew" here. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

Clendon

Bitterwhiteguy

Oct 29, 2008
Hey Ron. Thanks for being here!

To answer your question, no, we do not have your billing information. At the time of your expiration, you'll need to "renew" here. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

Clendon
How do we go about renewing here? I didn't see a link anywhere, but I might have missed it.

Vinegar Strokes

Oct 29, 2008
Also, how do I know if I've posted in a thread? I thought it was the check mark on the right but I don't have a check mark on this thread and this is my third post in it.

cctxfan

Oct 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Also, how do I know if I've posted in a thread? I thought it was the check mark on the right but I don't have a check mark on this thread and this is my third post in it.
I thought it was the check mark too. Actually, I don't know what that is.

The correct way to tell if you've posted in a thread is the envelope icon to the left of the thread. If it has rounded corners, that means you've posted in the thread.

Mojomarvels

Oct 29, 2008
what about the score contest?

I assume we are still going on that? Or does it stay with the other site because of the prizes etc

Vinegar Strokes

Oct 29, 2008
Can anyone tell me what the check mark to the left of the Last Post information means? I thought it meant I had contributed a post to a thread but now I see that's not the case.

Also "Quick Reply" does not work for me, is that not working for everyone or is it just me?

amykros

Member Who Talks
Oct 29, 2008
Austin, TX
The check mark to the right of the thread means that you are subscribed to it. You can change this in your settings under User CP.

OldestHorn

Oct 29, 2008
Any other schools affiliates? It was always fun to look around other schools' boards on Scout.

ClendonRoss

Co-Publisher
Aug 8, 2008
Austin, Tex.
Any other schools affiliates? It was always fun to look around other schools' boards on Scout.
Hey OldestHorn. There are several ESPN affiliated sites, including Oklahoma, Ohio State, USC, Florida and others. We are supposed to have those added to a dropdown menu in the tabs of the top of the page soon...

Vinegar Strokes

Oct 29, 2008
Still two questions.

Do I have to enter a thread to make it not new anymore? Is there any way to mark a thread read without entering it?

Also "Multi-Quote Off" does nothing when I click it, do I need to change any settings to enable that option?

brown5horn

Oct 29, 2008
I get "you do not have permission to access this page. " when trying to read anything on the insider board. I understood our membership was transferred. I just recently joined on the other site.

tfh714

Oct 29, 2008
Encino, CA
I haven't figured out a way to mark a thread as read without opening it. Anyone else had any luck?

Under "Forum Tools" (in the orange band above the list of threads) one of the drop down options is "Mark this Forum Read," but it doesn't do anything. Is this something that needs to be turned on/activated maybe? Sure would like to be able to mark things read without opening every thread.....

Vinegar Strokes

Oct 29, 2008
Clendon, this is pretty minor but I figured I'd ask in case it was something changeable. When a link is posted, it's almost the same color as the text, is there any way to change the color of a link? If a link is posted in the middle of a sentence it could go unnoticed.

Again, it's pretty petty but if it's something that you could change I for one would appreciate it.

ClendonRoss

Co-Publisher
Aug 8, 2008
Austin, Tex.
Not sure if this question has been asked. How do we find out how much time is left on our old subscription? I don't want to pay for the old Scout site.

Thanks
Hey TexasTea. I believe that information is available if you click on the User CP link on the left side of the VBulletin menu bar near the top of each message board page, and then click on the Paid Subscriptions link in the left menu bar.

BTW, I recommend to everyone to go ahead and cancel the auto-renew on your Scout subscription so that you aren't charged again unknowingly. Call them at 888-979-0979 (M-F, 10-7). You'll still have your subscription both here and there till your expiration date, but you won't get dinged again over there. As for extending your subscription here, your payment information did not transfer, so you'll have to go through the subscription process here to extend your subscription. I've posted a link pinned to top of this page that includes ordering directions. FYI, you can renew here at any time before your expiration date, and your subscription will be extended by the length of your purchase option (Annual or Monthly).

Thanks!