Drag to reposition cover

We talkin' bout aliens? Aliens!

bHero

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Jan 19, 2012
Keller
barkingcarnival.fantake.com
Joe Rogan brings on OG ufologist Bob Lazar, who in 1989, claimed to be employed at a military base near Groom Lake (where area 51 is), where he worked for the government reverse engineering UFO propulsion systems.

Also, this interview is timed with Netflix releasing their new documentary on him, called Bob Lazar, with Mickey Rourke narrating the schtick.

For entertainment purposes only.

This guy claimed to have gone to school at MIT and Caltech, however there's no record of him ever attending either. So, either his lying or he was deleted from all records there (unlikely). Still, he's a smart dude who builds jet cars/vehicles and has a ridicolous amount of knowledge related to this stuff. He runs a supply company United Nuclear, supplying nuclear related stuff, as well as a pyrotechnic company.

I tend think it's mostly a bunch of Alex Jones fantasy land stuff, but since the guy gets raided by the FBI every 3-5 years I do think there's some sort of love/hate relationship with the government going on.

It's worth a listen. Very entertaining.

What you think? Bob's got something, or FOS? And what about aliens? Real, fake, ze russians did it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shane3

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
Like Bigfoot, I will believe it when I actually see it. (not grainy, wobbly, ****ty video that somehow, even in 2019, still seems to be what people use)

Reactions: Halas and bHero

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
Like Bigfoot, I will believe it when I actually see it. (not grainy, wobbly, ****ty video that somehow, even in 2019, still seems to be what people use)
I don't think I've seen any recent UFO photos, but I don't normally consume this stuff. It would be interesting to what's currently out there in UFO land.

Although I do remember Trump released some pilot footage of some weird stuff.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
Here's the video released by the Pentegon a few years ago. The pilot was Cdr. David Fravor, at the time a 16 year pilot, TOPGUN graduate and member of the Black Aces (VFA-41), flying the latest and fastest version of the FA-18F Super Hornet. He tracked this thing in the air about 50 miles off the coast of San Diego, for about 5 minutes.

After the video release, he was granted permission by the pentagon to talk about his experience and it has been declassified.

And Cmdr Fravor's interview:

And one more angle on the little encounter:

I'm bringing this up because it comes up in the interview on the OP. Cmdr Fravor tells the filmmaker that they've been monitoring this "UAP"'s for awhile, and says the confirms it in his interview below.

Interesting. Doesn't prove aliens or anything, but it's a data point that says there's stuff in the sky that don't move right.

Reactions: eodhorn

eodhorn

Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
Here's the video released by the Pentegon a few years ago. The pilot was Cdr. David Fravor, at the time a 16 year pilot, TOPGUN graduate and member of the Black Aces (VFA-41), flying the latest and fastest version of the FA-18F Super Hornet. He tracked this thing in the air about 50 miles off the coast of San Diego, for about 5 minutes.

After the video release, he was granted permission by the pentagon to talk about his experience and it has been declassified.

I'm bringing this up because it comes up in the interview on the OP. Cmdr Fravor tells the filmmaker that they've been monitoring this "UAP"'s for awhile, and says the confirms it in his interview below.

Interesting. Doesn't prove aliens or anything, but it's a data point that says there's stuff in the sky that don't move right.
I have had access to some pretty amazing **** in my career, much of which I can never talk about. But until the military started releasing information like this I thought it was mostly mis-identification etc. I am starting to wonder if this new slow trickle of information is conditioning us for when they admit they know ****s out there and have known for a long time.

If the Roswell stuff, etc is true, I definitely could see the reason to keep it hushed. Besides military benefits, the complications it could cause for civilization in general could be astronomical.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Joe Rogan brings on OG ufologist Bob Lazar, who in 1989, claimed to be employed at a military base near Groom Lake (where area 51 is), where he worked for the government reverse engineering UFO propulsion systems.

Also, this interview is timed with Netflix releasing their new documentary on him, called Bob Lazar, with Mickey Rourke narrating the schtick.

This guy claimed to have gone to school at MIT and Caltech, however there's no record of him ever attending either. So, either his lying or he was deleted from all records there (unlikely). Still, he's a smart dude who builds jet cars/vehicles and has a ridicolous amount of knowledge related to this stuff. He runs a supply company United Nuclear, supplying nuclear related stuff, as well as a pyrotechnic company.

I tend think it's mostly a bunch of Alex Jones fantasy land stuff, but since the guy gets raided by the FBI every 3-5 years I do think there's some sort of love/hate relationship with the government going on.

What you think? Bob's got something, or FOS? And what about aliens? Real, fake, ze russians did it?
Lazar tells some fascinating tales but I think maybe the CIA or MIB has messed with his brain.

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas
II am starting to wonder if this new slow trickle of information is conditioning us for when they admit they know ****s out there and have known for a long time.
That makes a lot of sense. And maybe they're letting us see them like this for a similar reason, to get us slowly get us 'ready' for the big reveal. I mean surely aliens with the technology to travel light years, and then fly around at speeds and make manuevers that seem physically impossible to our science could avoid detection by us. So they purposely let us get glimpses...sane people start thinking,"huh, maybe there is something to this ****" and so when Klaatu shows up on the White House lawn the news media says it's a stunt by Trump and the ignorantsia says, "That figures". But the the sane people who've been paying attention (and have seen the original movie) ask "WTF does Klaatu want to talk to Donald Trump for?"

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
I have had access to some pretty amazing **** in my career, much of which I can never talk about. But until the military started releasing information like this I thought it was mostly mis-identification etc. I am starting to wonder if this new slow trickle of information is conditioning us for when they admit they know ****s out there and have known for a long time.

If the Roswell stuff, etc is true, I definitely could see the reason to keep it hushed. Besides military benefits, the complications it could cause for civilization in general could be astronomical.
I absolutely believe we’re going through a conditioning program.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015

Top Gun? Goose tracked this? Maverick? Iceman?

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
Yes alien civilization is gender and sexually non specific. All our social reforms are conditioning us to assimilate into the galactic republic in due time.
Also they are putting chemicals in the water to turn people gay.
Kennedy knew...
As @padrehorn11 says, there isn’t one scintilla of proof for aliens, yet polls show almost half of Americans believe in them.

Nearly Half of Americans Believe in Aliens, According to New Survey

Reactions: eodhorn and TEXBTP

TEXBTP

Oct 29, 2008
As @padrehorn11 says, there isn’t one scintilla of proof for aliens, yet polls show almost half of Americans believe in them.

Nearly Half of Americans Believe in Aliens, According to New Survey
I was just having a little fun. I believe aliens exist too.

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
If this guy actually reverse engineered alien tech, private industry would be falling all over themselves to hire him, or get him shipped to another country to evade our government. That’s why I think he’s full of it

Reactions: fdub206 and bHero

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
If this guy actually reverse engineered alien tech, private industry would be falling all over themselves to hire him, or get him shipped to another country to evade our government. That’s why I think he’s full of it
I looked into the Admiral Wilson Memo the filmmaker mentioned (he said he was able to validate it's existence), as I usually tend to do and try to fact-check these folks when watching. The Wilson Memo was pretty interesting as far as being an "authenticated document" goes. That doesn't mean it's accurate by any means. Wilson was the DIA boss back a few years ago.

The contents essentially confirm the US Military's history of using private defense contractors (e.g. Raytheon, Lockeed Martin) to reverse engineer unknown tech (alien stuff). An interesting part is that they claim to have had this stuff for a very long time, but have made very little or no progress reverse engineering it. Gotta love cave-man bureaucracy.

The other interesting part is that it confirms Bob Lazar's story in the sense of the govt using private 3rd parties to review stuff they can't crack and don't trust their own people to keep quiet about, as well as a compartmentalization process (which is common in gov classified realm) that takes the audit out of the loop. Of course part of DIA's job is to get everyone to play nice together, apparently Wilson wasn't very successful at that.

Again, that doesn't mean it's accurate, I'd deem it highly unlikely and the memo, while maybe good as far as provenance is concerned, is likely full of bogus info. The gov't said "no comment" to the doc, Admiral Wilson denied everything on the memo (he said in the memo he'd deny everything), and the private defense companies aren't talking. I'm suspicious about the memo because it uses a literature tactic called "table setting," and while it's possible that was incidental, it makes it look contrived.

Think about fake "insider" posts on the football board. When someone claims to have a source and then talks up their sources and access so they look more authoritative and cool. The memo does this, in it's own way. Table setting on pages 1/2, then memo drop on 3/4, then pages of notes on meetings related to conversations they had afterwards.

You can check it out: https://www.earthfiles.com/2019/06/18/part-1-leaked-15-page-ewd-notes-about-ufos-e-t-s-and-back-engineering-ufo-tech/

The notes are interesting, and the memo is on pages 3/4.

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
If you guys want to follow up on this type of stuff, there's a documentary on Netflix called "Unacknowledged" that features Steven Greer who is head of the so-called "Disclosure Project".

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015

Why does the FBI care? National security?

The thing that puzzles me, okay it’s only one of many things about Lazar that puzzles me, is his claim about element 115. He talked about it before scientists knew it existed, but his description of it doesn’t match current reality.

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
Hard to believe we'd be the only "intelligent" life form in the universe, but I guess anything's possible. I kind of like the idea of the Star Trek "Prime Directive" Aliens know all about us, but are leaving us alone and waiting to see if we destroy ourselves or not. I'm betting on the former.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
Why does the FBI care? National security?

The thing that puzzles me, okay it’s only one of many things about Lazar that puzzles me, is his claim about element 115. He talked about it before scientists knew it existed, but his description of it doesn’t match current reality.
The 115 stuff sounds pretty speculative on his part. Science still hasn't been able to usefully replicate the element in any quantity sufficient to test his claims. Only about 100 or so atoms have been created so far. They were only able to verifiably produce it at all in very small amounts first in 2003, a full 14 years after Bob Lazar first mentioned it's existence. It was added to the periodic table about 4 years ago. He's received no credit, which I get, but technically he was the first to claim it was real.

He also described gravity as a wave/field before it was public knowledge.

In the end, he might have just been running with pop science culture at the time. Who knows?

The FBI and IRS have hounded him for years. He runs a company that sells the largest supplies legally available of some very dangerous stuff, like radioactive materials. It's going to get a lot of attention, but I'm guessing he just pissed off the wrong people.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
If you guys want to follow up on this type of stuff, there's a documentary on Netflix called "Unacknowledged" that features Steven Greer who is head of the so-called "Disclosure Project".
I just added it to the queue. Will check it out. Wrapping up the documentary today.

I have a hard time thinking Bob wasn't involved in something at the gov level, but I just don't see enough to believe that he's interacted with anything "really alien." It's easier for me to believe that he was fed disinformation than anything real. I'm a skeptic, though, so I have to try to keep an open mind about it.

It's all very interesting, just wish there was some meat on the bones.

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
I just added it to the queue. Will check it out. Wrapping up the documentary today.

I have a hard time thinking Bob wasn't involved in something at the gov level, but I just don't see enough to believe that he's interacted with anything "really alien." It's easier for me to believe that he was fed disinformation than anything real. I'm a skeptic, though, so I have to try to keep an open mind about it.

It's all very interesting, just wish there was some meat on the bones.
Yeah I think it's all a government swerve, personally.

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Joe Rogan interviews a few gov types who say the same thing. One reporter was even saying she had USGOV sources tell her it was done by the Russians first, and they just ran with it. That sounded too kooky even for me.
There's overwhelming evidence that something is going on but I'm inclined to believe it's government tech or something of the sort.

Reactions: Shane3

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
The 115 stuff sounds pretty speculative on his part. Science still hasn't been able to usefully replicate the element in any quantity sufficient to test his claims. Only about 100 or so atoms have been created so far. They were only able to verifiably produce it at all in very small amounts first in 2003, a full 14 years after Bob Lazar first mentioned it's existence. It was added to the periodic table about 4 years ago. He's received no credit, which I get, but technically he was the first to claim it was real.

He also described gravity as a wave/field before it was public knowledge.

In the end, he might have just been running with pop science culture at the time. Who knows?

The FBI and IRS have hounded him for years. He runs a company that sells the largest supplies legally available of some very dangerous stuff, like radioactive materials. It's going to get a lot of attention, but I'm guessing he just pissed off the wrong people.
Claiming 115 is real isn’t exactly stepping out on a ledge. The periodic table goes up sequentially haha

And gravity waves were first theorized in 1916

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
There's overwhelming evidence that something is going on but I'm inclined to believe it's government tech or something of the sort.
I ran down the government tech angle when CNN printed the Trump disclosure on the pilot incidence I reference above. It was a year or two ago.

I found something interesting. Lightcraft, beam powered propulsion (video below). It's essentially a manless drone with a directed energy source coming from a satellite. Which, of course, would allow it to be more maneuverable than any manned fighter, subject to g-forces.

What is means, is that the power source for the aircraft is not on the aircraft. It's on a satellite or ground station, allowing a much higher energy output as well as a much smaller profile for the craft, no longer needing to carry an engine or fuel. A modern version of this is what I speculated was going on with the fight pilot encounter. Now, we'd need a lot of upgrades to the power delivered to actually make it work and scalable. The version in the video below couldn't deliver a letter in the mail without needing more energy than the spaceship going to the moon and back.

I've run down several of the scientists involved, and they have since left academia for the private sector, with more than a few under USGOV sponsorship. As an example, Leik Myrabo (head of the project in the video below) left academia in 2011 and is currently under DARPA & NASA sponsorship to develop beamed energy technology.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
Claiming 115 is real isn’t exactly stepping out on a ledge. The periodic table goes up sequentially haha

And gravity waves were first theorized in 1916
By Einstein and his theory of relativity. Bob was probably wrong about a lot, like I said above about parroting science fiction pop culture. I'd go back to find the distinction Bob made that was later proven accurate in the show, but I'm much too lazy.

Regardless, as with your 115 comment, neither are really stepping out on a ledge, except that he was asserting unproven theoretical constructs were in practice in a time where science was at least a decade behind. The fact that they've caught up to what he's said doesn't prove him right anymore than the scifi book he got it from.

Like the alex jones stuff, I tend to look at people's statements on their merits and not just discard everything they say because I don't agree with their conclusions. That's bad science/research. And like the Alex Jones stuff, I don't agree with Bob's conclusions either. I think he made up 95% of what he said back then, and it looks like it's taking a heavy toll on him, but he is pot committed at this point and can't back out.

I wouldn't be surprised to read about a deathbed confession from him in the next decade or two.

Reactions: acreativeusername

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
@acreativeusername - If you want to understand the fundamental flaw in Bob's claims, check out the short clip below. It's not his facts.

Bob's flaw is not that his story was ridicolous, it's that it was too conservative. Science will probably destroy everything he's said in the next 20 years, if it hasn't already.
He’s partly too conservative and partly ridiculous. Conservative in that 115 would be synthesized eventually, but ridiculous in that it could be used stably as a fuel source

Unless these aliens had landed on the island of stability, or found some other way to make this work

I haven’t watched the doc, so I’m curious if he goes anywhere beyond “they use 115 as fuel” to explain these things. If it’s all general hand waving, or even somewhat scientific

May have to watch it. You’re the 2nd Joe Rogan disciple to talk about this to me in the past couple days :)
Like the alex jones stuff, I tend to look at people's statements on their merits and not just discard everything they say because I don't agree with their conclusions. That's bad science/research. And like the Alex Jones stuff, I don't agree with Bob's conclusions either.
I’d like for you to expand on this for me, I’m unclear on what you’re trying to say

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
I’d like for you to expand on this for me, I’m unclear on what you’re trying to say
Basically it means I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even if I think they are lying like this guy, or living in fantasy-land making up ridicolous theories, like Alex Jones, or I just don't agree with their conclusions, I still like look at the testimony and the individual facts. It's an exercise in judgement. I want to hear their evidence and view it objectively on it's own merits vs allowing my own bias or disagreement with their conclusions to taint my objectivity.

It's certainly not always easy, but I try to be fair minded.

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
Basically it means I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even if I think they are lying like this guy, or living in fantasy-land making up ridicolous theories, like Alex Jones, or I just don't agree with their conclusions, I still like look at the testimony and the individual facts. It's an exercise in judgement. I want to hear their evidence and view it objectively on it's own merits vs allowing my own bias or disagreement with their conclusions to taint my objectivity.

It's certainly not always easy, but I try to be fair minded.
That’s a good way of looking at it. I should try that a bit more, but it’s difficult for me to look past the messenger, haha

Reactions: bHero

eodhorn

Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona