What Are You Playing?

idighorns

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 24, 2012
ATX - '45
NHL '93 on Sega Genesis...well, the Genesis retro-edition that was released a couple of years ago that has preloaded games AND the ability to play the old cartridges. I know NHL '94 is THE classic but '93 is the one my younger brother had that I would play whenever I was home from school. It still has fighting and blood and the ability to take a player out of the game. New York Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks are the best teams, and it has the unstoppable Jeremy Roenick.
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2010/10/15/1750854/nhlpa-hockey-93-video-genesis-snes-jeremy-roenick

T-Horn

Oct 29, 2008
I can't stop. It's like a sickness.

Handle: SploopBaDoop if u ever wanna pwn s0m3 n3wbz
You're gonna be like, "WTF, bro?!" but I am hooked on Killing Floor 2. That **** is addictive.

I love Battlefield but there are times I will get straight ****ed in multiplayer, get pissed off, shut it down, and not return for a while. I probably need to jump back in.

hobbes

Member Who Talks
Sep 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
Haven't played Killing Floor 2 - I'll check it out. I've heard good things, but never got involved.

@MikeHdez12 if you like Battlefront, I think you will like Battlefield 1. BF1 campaign is excellent - I recently started going back and getting all the codex's when I'm pissed at multiplayer.

I used to get merked on BF1 multiplayer in the beginning, but after figuring out some of the best ways to play the classes while still PTFO, I've got my K/D ratio back above 1 and have been hooked. And the hardcore mode allows me to snipe without anyone getting the killcam of where I'm pitching my tent

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Haven't played Killing Floor 2 - I'll check it out. I've heard good things, but never got involved.

@MikeHdez12 if you like Battlefront, I think you will like Battlefield 1. BF1 campaign is excellent - I recently started going back and getting all the codex's when I'm pissed at multiplayer.

I used to get merked on BF1 multiplayer in the beginning, but after figuring out some of the best ways to play the classes while still PTFO, I've got my K/D ratio back above 1 and have been hooked. And the hardcore mode allows me to snipe without anyone getting the killcam of where I'm pitching my tent
I have to know, in BF1, when you take control of the pigeon in the tank mission, is there anyway to **** that up? I know the screen gives you translucent rings to fly through, but I never felt like I was in control of the bird, just like it was flying on his own.

hobbes

Member Who Talks
Sep 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
I have to know, in BF1, when you take control of the pigeon in the tank mission, is there anyway to **** that up? I know the screen gives you translucent rings to fly through, but I never felt like I was in control of the bird, just like it was flying on his own.
Ha! I literally just replayed that this week. I could control the pigeon, but felt like I was about to crash him into the ground so I kept pulling up. Would be interesting to see if you can eff it up

hobbes

Member Who Talks
Sep 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
It's been forever since I've played anything on PC and the ones I did play were all offline games.
Same. It's too expensive to keep your rig up to date, and someone will always have a better set up than you. Console gaming is much cheaper haha.

Although, playing an FPS on console is infinitely harder than with a keyboard and mouse.

hobbes

Member Who Talks
Sep 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm not but it seems to be the game du jour. Like the punchline for every where is X at joke on Twitter is playing Fortnite.
It's free to download on PS4 on xbox 1, which I think has helped it's popularity grow. Antoine Griezmann did a fortnite celebration after a goal, and Josh Hart did one after a 3 for the Lakers. It's kind of crazy how fast it exploded. Especially since it's a ripoff of PUBG.

Robert STRONG

Jan 12, 2015
It's free to download on PS4 on xbox 1, which I think has helped it's popularity grow. Antoine Griezmann did a fortnite celebration after a goal, and Josh Hart did one after a 3 for the Lakers. It's kind of crazy how fast it exploded. Especially since it's a ripoff of PUBG.
Astros did a Fortnite celebration during first series against the Rangers. Saw a Sam Ehlinger tweet about it was well.

I play both, but prefer PUBG. Seems that most of my friends prefer Fortnite. One of my buddies, probably the best gamer I know, is actually starting to stream on Twitch. He has the skill and personality to make it. His handle is c12azy12andy if anyone is interested in checking him out.

I think one of the major developers will come out with a Battle Royale game in the next 1-2 years and blow PUBG and Fortnite out of the water.

Reactions: hobbes

Texasmade

Jan 27, 2012
How do you like FC5? I've been waiting until games drop from $60 to around $30, so I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
It's pretty much the same game as 4, but with a different setting/storyline. There's some slight differences here and there, but they didn't exactly re-invent the wheel gameplay wise. Like 4 though, it's a lot of fun and the new storyline is pretty sweet.

Chigger100

Oct 29, 2008
Colorado
It's pretty much the same game as 4, but with a different setting/storyline. There's some slight differences here and there, but they didn't exactly re-invent the wheel gameplay wise. Like 4 though, it's a lot of fun and the new storyline is pretty sweet.
Pretty much agree with that. A few changes from 4, you don't have to hunt to craft. You might want to wait until they get all the bugs fixed because I have hit a few. They are doing patches so just wait.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I was drunk playing Battlefront 2 online one night and asked my buddy between matches if I should get Madden 18 because it was on sale at the time. He said he didn't know, maybe I should wait until I'm not tanked to make this purchase and I said well, that's not what I want to hear.

Months later, that game still sits in mint condition, untouched, forgotten amongst my other games.

hobbes

Member Who Talks
Sep 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
I was drunk playing Battlefront 2 online one night and asked my buddy between matches if I should get Madden 18 because it was on sale at the time. He said he didn't know, maybe I should wait until I'm not tanked to make this purchase and I said well, that's not what I want to hear.

Months later, that game still sits in mint condition, untouched, forgotten amongst my other games.
I have a few games like that, and one of them is definitely a Madden.

I recently picked up BF2 since it was $24 on the playstation store, and have enjoyed it so far. The starfighter assault mode is fun once you get the hang of the maps and fighters, and galactic assault is pretty diverse too. I'm sooooo far behind on leveling up my characters, which kinda sucks though.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I have a few games like that, and one of them is definitely a Madden.

I recently picked up BF2 since it was $24 on the playstation store, and have enjoyed it so far. The starfighter assault mode is fun once you get the hang of the maps and fighters, and galactic assault is pretty diverse too. I'm sooooo far behind on leveling up my characters, which kinda sucks though.
Stick with it. They revamped the leveling system and it's now a piece of cake to level up. The loot crate system from before was a real cluster**** and it used to really mean something when you encountered someone purpled out on all their abilities, but now everyone's gonna get to do it.

Cool game, just the reward system has been a total botch, IMO.

hobbes

Member Who Talks
Sep 7, 2017
Dallas, TX
Also, what's everyone's gamertags?

PS4 - SploopBaDoop
Xbox1 - texasfight767 (rarely play xbox anymore, made the switch to Sony)

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
XBox - RawbDawgNit

I'm pretty deep in the Fortnite rabbit hole right now, I'm awful, but it's enjoyable. FIFA was my game for ever, but not being able to play 4 matches/day like I did in college severely lowered my game.

idighorns

Feb 24, 2012
ATX - '45

And once next year's comes out, it'll be worth about $5. Sports franchise games litter used game and thrift stores.

My wife started playing Stardew Valley on Switch and convinced me to start my own game, since it's pretty much everything I like in video games rolled in one: JRPG at a 16/32-bit level, house/farm building, occasional fights although not turn-based, building friendships/relationships with NPCs, some activities that require hand-eye skills.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
And once next year's comes out, it'll be worth about $5. Sports franchise games litter used game and thrift stores.

My wife started playing Stardew Valley on Switch and convinced me to start my own game, since it's pretty much everything I like in video games rolled in one: JRPG at a 16/32-bit level, house/farm building, occasional fights although not turn-based, building friendships/relationships with NPCs, some activities that require hand-eye skills.
You ever been to that Pinballz Kingdom in Buda? It sounds like fun and there's so few arcades around anymore.

idighorns

Feb 24, 2012
ATX - '45
You ever been to that Pinballz Kingdom in Buda? It sounds like fun and there's so few arcades around anymore.
That's the one I haven't been to! Been to the original a few times, and the one at Lakeline Mall (that has an actual bar). I enjoy them but I think charging up to a dollar per game is a bit ridiculous for classic games.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
That's the one I haven't been to! Been to the original a few times, and the one at Lakeline Mall (that has an actual bar). I enjoy them but I think charging up to a dollar per game is a bit ridiculous for classic games.
Cool. Next time I get up there and have time to do it, I'll have to drop in to one of them.

Arcade bar seems like such a no-brainer. Can't believe there aren't more down here in SA. We have a pair called Slackers, but they don't really take care of any of the games. So that Turtles Arcade side scroller is likely just like you remember... Donnie can never move down from the top, Leo can't jump, and the only one you can really control as intended is Raph with his hit radius the smallest of all. Ditto Simpsons Arcade. Same as it ever was, I suppose.

idighorns

Feb 24, 2012
ATX - '45
Cool. Next time I get up there and have time to do it, I'll have to drop in to one of them.

Arcade bar seems like such a no-brainer. Can't believe there aren't more down here in SA. We have a pair called Slackers, but they don't really take care of any of the games. So that Turtles Arcade side scroller is likely just like you remember... Donnie can never move down from the top, Leo can't jump, and the only one you can really control as intended is Raph with his hit radius the smallest of all. Ditto Simpsons Arcade. Same as it ever was, I suppose.
The best one I've been to is 1-up in Denver, particularly the one on Colfax. Lots of classic pinball and arcade games (and no carnival games), cheap beer, most games are 50 cents.
The machines at Pinballz usually work, they try hard to restore them because they're all for sale. Which means that you never fully know what's going to be there. They also have a number of skeeball, pop-a-shot, and other ticket type games which are fun sometimes but...

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
Anyone ever play Dark Souls? Man I love those games. Hardest series I’ve ever played and it isn’t close

Really want to play Witcher 3, heard its mind blowing. Breath of the Wild... been hooked on Zelda games since I was a kid. Need to buy a Nintendo system for it but it’s honestly worth it I play those games so much. Still have my N64 and Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. Probably beaten OoT 30+ times in my life and it never gets boring

Also waiting on Red Dead to come out in the fall. Rockstar kills all their games

Mobile I stick to Clash of Clans

Reactions: idighorns

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Anyone ever play Dark Souls? Man I love those games. Hardest series I’ve ever played and it isn’t close

Really want to play Witcher 3, heard its mind blowing. Breath of the Wild... been hooked on Zelda games since I was a kid. Need to buy a Nintendo system for it but it’s honestly worth it I play those games so much. Still have my N64 and Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. Probably beaten OoT 30+ times in my life and it never gets boring

Also waiting on Red Dead to come out in the fall. Rockstar kills all their games

Mobile I stick to Clash of Clans
Legend of Zelda is one thing I never got into and I find it a real shame. It's one of the most celebrated franchises in gaming and for good reason. But I just can't get into RPGs. I just can't do open worlds and inventories and all that.

Furthermore, it sucks because if you choose to outfit yourself with subtle geek culture garb every so often as I do, the brand and it's interpretations of the tri-force makes for awesome stuff.

acreativeusername

Nov 27, 2016
Legend of Zelda is one thing I never got into and I find it a real shame. It's one of the most celebrated franchises in gaming and for good reason. But I just can't get into RPGs. I just can't do open worlds and inventories and all that.

Furthermore, it sucks because if you choose to outfit yourself with subtle geek culture garb every so often as I do, the brand and it's interpretations of the tri-force makes for awesome stuff.
I just love the puzzles and problem solving. Especially getting all the heart pieces, swords, etc. It takes so long to really complete the game (not just beat, I try and get full 100% everything) and I think that's a big reason I love it

Love a good shooter now and then but it's nice to just be on a quest without online play and people trolling you like in GTA haha

idighorns

Feb 24, 2012
ATX - '45

Update, I am hopelessly addicted to Stardew Valley. And the game tracks the amount of real-time you've played, which makes it worse.