What are you watching?

Robert STRONG

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Jan 12, 2015

This looks great. Haven't read any of the books or played the games but its a really popular series. Excited about the new fantasy shows coming out this year and next. GoT might have **** the bed at the end, but part of the shows legacy will be kicking open the door for successor fantasy shows.

Bull Horn

Member Who Talks
Aug 10, 2013
Anyone watch TNTs Animal Kingdom? decent series. I feel like i scroll netflix and prime for 30 minutes each time I watch something and keep coming up empty.
Have been watching Animal Kingdom from the beginning - enjoyable and has some good/interesting characters.

texvet16

Jan 15, 2017
Watching "the boys" on amazon prime, pretty good so far. This is as close as I get to enjoying the super hero genre.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
It: Chapter Two reportedly clocks in at 2:45, edited down from four hours. Personally, I don't have any problems with film duration. I fully expect a bunch of rage though, just like with Endgame, as if it was the first three hour film that ever existed.

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Started watching 'Entourage' this weekend for the first time in years, forgot how much I love Seasons 1-5. It's up there with The Office and Parks and Rec on re-watchable shows.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Watched the first episode of the Boys on Prime last night, wow some jacked up stuff in this show. @MikeHdez12 did you end up starting this show?

idighorns

Feb 24, 2012
ATX - '45
Watched the first episode of The Boys and liked it well enough, gonna watch the rest this week while out of town for work.

Reactions: TOK2000

rawb_stark

Dec 14, 2016
Dallas
Finally started 'Euphoria' last night and holy **** it's something else. Beautifully shot/done, but the story is a mind bender. I may no longer want children, finishing the final 2 episodes tonight/tomorrow. Heard the finale was a let down, but when are they not?

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Watched the first episode of The Boys and liked it well enough, gonna watch the rest this week while out of town for work.
the themes/tropes get really lazy as the season progresses. I have 1.5 episodes left and was pretty meh.

Reactions: idighorns

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Binged it last week. I really liked it, left me wondering if they will have a season 2.
There will be a season two and I remember reading somewhere they've ordered a third as well. I'm about halfway through and I very much enjoy it. Very dark comedy/dramedy is right in my wheelhouse.

Reactions: TOK2000

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Hoping The Hunt gets let out of jail eventually. It's one thing to ease off due to sensitivity; there's nothing new about that. But if it got completely shelved because of politics, that's no bueno.

dmatx

Sep 26, 2012
South Austin, TX
Second season of Mindhunter is out on Netflix. That's next on my plate. Really dug the first season and I've heard nothing but good things about the second.

TOK2000

May 3, 2010
I really liked the first season. Haven't seen the second yet. Was waiting for it to end - I'll subscribe for a month and knock it out and then unsubscribe.
2nd season was good as well..the ending certainly either signals the end of it or leaves open how in the heck do they go forward in season 3 if there is one.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I also really liked GLOW season 3, but man there were a lot of unresolved threads. Debbie looked to take part in a bit of an afterschool special angle about bulimia that just kind of got dropped. Tamme got addicted to pain killers and booze which would have been interesting parallel to explore given that that has been the end of many a professional wrestler but that just fizzled out too. Sam had a heart attack and, well, that was that. Russell? Randy? I guess some of this stuff can be revisited and resolved in a fourth season, but the concern is with Netflix cancelling very popular shows at the height of their popularity and it would be a real bummer if they did that with this one and left the show on this ending.

TOK2000

May 3, 2010
Hard to imagine that the actress who played Trudy in Mad Men, has 1) a hot bod, she was sort of 50's doughty in Mad Men and 2) is in a show about wrestling.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Hard to imagine that the actress who played Trudy in Mad Men, has 1) a hot bod, she was sort of 50's doughty in Mad Men and 2) is in a show about wrestling.
Ah, but that's the thing. She's playing a struggling actress who is constantly at odds with the fact that her only work is on a wrestling show. What I mean to say is I don't think it's so much a show about wrestling as it is a show about a bunch of people with different backgrounds and different aspirations bonding over something.

Not surprised about that bod though. I didn't watch Mad Men so I think the first time I saw her was in Scream 4 and it was just one of those moments where you go holy crap, who is this crazy hot girl?