What happened to Malaysian Airlines flight MH 370?

padrehorn11

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 27, 2016
Texas
It seems likely that it was a murder(of everyone else on the lane)-suicide by the chief pilot, but we'll never know for sure anything other than than a lot of people didn't do their jobs. And Malaysian police and government don't want to know, and what they do know, they don't want to be made public, probably just because it would highlight the incompetence. And finally, that part of the world is a ****hole of incompetence and corruption (which of course everyone knows anyway). But this long investigative article makes an interesting read for those who like mysteries with a lot of deductive technological indirect forensics. It also comes complete with an Indiana Jones wannabe, who has actually done as much as anyone to find physical clues. And private investigative teams from Australia and around the world, who have made a lot of probably true deductions using technological forensics of what data there is (and that part is pretty cool). But the Maylaysian government wants all of them to go away, and everyone just to forget the episiode, just in case they find someting out, though what that might be is probably nothing but more confirmation of corruption and incompetence. Bottom line, despite all the conspiracy theories, it seems to be mostly a cautionary tale that though there are good people everywhere, there really are a lot of ****hole countries. Which I imagine comes as no surprise to anyone but U.S. Democrats. ;)

windycityhorn

Jun 11, 2012
I read this article too, it's a great read. Folks are now poking holes in his hypothesis, but that's the point, all anybody has is a guess.

Funny you posted this today, since news broke about the other MH flight that disappeared, and the evidence in that case points pretty squarely at Russia.

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Good article, what an odd odd case.

I always thought it was the pilot but I also don't think the evidence against him being depressed is that clear-cut. I mean, I played flight simulator and had all the computer tools like the joystick and stuff and I crashed airplanes all the time. I don't think that's as credible of evidence as the writer (and others) would like us to believe.

Shane3

Feb 17, 2015
It seems likely that it was a murder(of everyone else on the lane)-suicide by the chief pilot, but we'll never know for sure anything other than than a lot of people didn't do their jobs. And Malaysian police and government don't want to know, and what they do know, they don't want to be made public, probably just because it would highlight the incompetence. And finally, that part of the world is a ****hole of incompetence and corruption (which of course everyone knows anyway). But this long investigative article makes an interesting read for those who like mysteries with a lot of deductive technological indirect forensics. It also comes complete with an Indiana Jones wannabe, who has actually done as much as anyone to find physical clues. And private investigative teams from Australia and around the world, who have made a lot of probably true deductions using technological forensics of what data there is (and that part is pretty cool). But the Maylaysian government wants all of them to go away, and everyone just to forget the episiode, just in case they find someting out, though what that might be is probably nothing but more confirmation of corruption and incompetence. Bottom line, despite all the conspiracy theories, it seems to be mostly a cautionary tale that though there are good people everywhere, there really are a lot of ****hole countries. Which I imagine comes as no surprise to anyone but U.S. Democrats. ;)
What a story! This part is very strange, but I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.

Blaine Gibson was new to social media when he started his search, and he was in for a surprise. As he recalls, the trolls emerged as soon as he found his first piece—the one labeled no step—and they multiplied afterward, particularly as the beaches of Madagascar began to bear fruit. The internet provokes emotion even in response to unremarkable events. A catastrophe taps into something toxic. Gibson was accused of exploiting the families and of being a fraud, a publicity hound, a drug addict, a Russian agent, an American agent, and at the very least a dupe. He began receiving death threats—messages on social media and phone calls to friends predicting his demise. One message said that either he would stop looking for debris or he would leave Madagascar in a coffin. Another warned that he would die of polonium poisoning. There were more. He was not prepared for this, and was incapable of shrugging it off. During the days I spent with him in Kuala Lumpur, he kept abreast of the latest attacks with the assistance of a friend in London. He said, “I once made the mistake of going on Twitter. Basically, these people are cyberterrorists. And it works. It’s effective.” He has been traumatized.

bHero

Jan 19, 2012
Keller
barkingcarnival.fantake.com
What a story! This part is very strange, but I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.

Blaine Gibson was new to social media when he started his search, and he was in for a surprise. As he recalls, the trolls emerged as soon as he found his first piece—the one labeled no step—and they multiplied afterward, particularly as the beaches of Madagascar began to bear fruit. The internet provokes emotion even in response to unremarkable events. A catastrophe taps into something toxic. Gibson was accused of exploiting the families and of being a fraud, a publicity hound, a drug addict, a Russian agent, an American agent, and at the very least a dupe. He began receiving death threats—messages on social media and phone calls to friends predicting his demise. One message said that either he would stop looking for debris or he would leave Madagascar in a coffin. Another warned that he would die of polonium poisoning. There were more. He was not prepared for this, and was incapable of shrugging it off. During the days I spent with him in Kuala Lumpur, he kept abreast of the latest attacks with the assistance of a friend in London. He said, “I once made the mistake of going on Twitter. Basically, these people are cyberterrorists. And it works. It’s effective.” He has been traumatized.
Humans embarrass me.