What really happened re: Iran?

Duke Silver

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Oct 29, 2008
No, it doesn’t say that either.

I know what my ****ing birth certificate says. I had to deal with it recently when I renewed my passport and someone realized it is dated June 1968 and I was actually born in 1963.

It doesn’t say “America” or “US”.
You’re frighteningly stupid.

Duke Silver

Oct 29, 2008
Damn! You beat me on that one. But it's also a little overkill. I was already making money when you were working on that 2nd degree. I have friends like you, with $100k in debt. Hope you're doing better than they are. My accountant told me a few years ago how many doctors and lawyers he worked with that were broke. But I'm sure you're doing better than that.
I got them all at the same time, dog.

• Haha
Reactions: esskeetit

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
No, it doesn’t say that either.

I know what my ****ing birth certificate says. I had to deal with it recently when I renewed my passport and someone realized it is dated June 1968 and I was actually born in 1963.

It doesn’t say “America” or “US”.
So you're an illegal alien with a fake birth certificate. No wonder you like the current immigration laws.

esskeetit

Member Who Talks
Jul 25, 2018
Make Texas Great Again
BUMP

Funny, after skimming CNN this morning and finding some positive reports about the parade in Washington, I was optomistic heading into the day that the libs didn't totally smash the parade like they had been.

But then, I noticed CNN failed (as usual) to report IMPORTANT WORLD EVENTS, that UK had seized an Iranian (posed at Panamanian) oil tanker south of Africa. Iran responded with "it's so illegal to take our tanker" but it's part of the sanctions against them since 2011. Why is CNN so JV? Front page of CNN still shows the blip about the nobody NFL player that got his arm chopped off. But not one mention of what I consider the most important news in the world right now. WTF? It's on the front page of Foxnews.com. At least they got it right. Maybe in a couple hours CNN will add the story.

Pretty awesome move on our/UK part. We avoided the trap. Now we took a big chunk (not sure how much it's worth) of their money.

Let's do this! Time to liberate Iran and make it great again.

Last edited:

JG

Oct 29, 2008
BUMP

Funny, after skimming CNN this morning and finding some positive reports about the parade in Washington, I was optomistic heading into the day that the libs didn't totally smash the parade like they had been.

But then, I noticed CNN failed (as usual) to report IMPORTANT WORLD EVENTS, that UK had seized an Iranian (posed at Panamanian) oil tanker south of Africa. Iran responded with "it's so illegal to take our tanker" but it's part of the sanctions against them since 2011. Why is CNN so JV? Front page of CNN still shows the blip about the nobody NFL player that got his arm chopped off. But not one mention of what I consider the most important news in the world right now. WTF? It's on the front page of Foxnews.com. At least they got it right. Maybe in a couple hours CNN will add the story.

Pretty awesome move on our/UK part. We avoided the trap. Now we took a big chunk (not sure how much it's worth) of their money.

If you think that Britain detaining some Iranian tanker is bigger than the jobs report, the California earthquake, Trump's 4th speech, or Chris Cline dying, you are simply mistaken.

And if you think sanctions are going to "liberate" Iran, you are simply delusional. We've had sanctions on Cuba for SIXTY years. Still waiting. North Korea even longer. They will work any minute now.

You guys don't realize that this STRENGTHENS the mullahs. It's doesn't weaken them. A government like that needs a boogeyman to keep their people in line and blaming someone else, and we are giving it to them.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
BUMP

If you think that Britain detaining some Iranian tanker is bigger than the jobs report, the California earthquake, Trump's 4th speech, or Chris Cline dying, you are simply mistaken.

And if you think sanctions are going to "liberate" Iran, you are simply delusional. We've had sanctions on Cuba for SIXTY years. Still waiting. North Korea even longer. They will work any minute now.

You guys don't realize that this STRENGTHENS the mullahs. It's doesn't weaken them. A government like that needs a boogeyman to keep their people in line and blaming someone else, and we are giving it to them.
Lol. Both of you combined don't have the IQ of a bowling ball...one of you wants to go war later today & the other couldn't find Iran on an Iranian map

Just for entertainment purposes for the board, would both of you please keep this debate going with each other?

esskeetit

Member Who Talks
Jul 25, 2018
Make Texas Great Again

Feel free to re-read my post. I never said the tanker was more important than any of the other topics you mentioned. I did say it's way more important than a guy getting his arm cut off.

But it's cool if you don't agree with that. Some people really love reading about the stars. Enjoy your subscription to US Weekly at stfu.

Taking money out of their pocket works. As long as the world follows the sanctions. Let them starve. Yeah, it's working out great for Cuba (still driving 60 year old cars) and North Korea (mostly starving).

You really don't want to liberate everyone in Iran? Really trying to understand your pov here.

Lol. Both of you combined don't have the IQ of a bowling ball...one of you wants to go war later today & the other couldn't find Iran on an Iranian map

Just for entertainment purposes for the board, would both of you please keep this debate going with each other?
Really trying to understand your pov here too. But it's hard with all the insults. When I try to put myself in your shoes, I just feel like a super insecure little boy that's mad at the world. Kind of sucks. Feel sorry for you bro. You really need a hug.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Feel free to re-read my post. I never said the tanker was more important than any of the other topics you mentioned. I did say it's way more important than a guy getting his arm cut off.

But it's cool if you don't agree with that. Some people really love reading about the stars. Enjoy your subscription to US Weekly at stfu.

Taking money out of their pocket works. As long as the world follows the sanctions. Let them starve. Yeah, it's working out great for Cuba (still driving 60 year old cars) and North Korea (mostly starving).

You really don't want to liberate everyone in Iran? Really trying to understand your pov here.

Really trying to understand your pov here too. But it's hard with all the insults. When I try to put myself in your shoes, I just feel like a super insecure little boy that's mad at the world. Kind of sucks. Feel sorry for you bro. You really need a hug.
I apologize for the insults.

Sanctions are NOT going to “liberate” Iran. Yes, Cuba is backward. But are they liberated? No. 60 years in, the original guys dead, and still no regime change. Same with NK.

You are the one that said we want to make Iran great again. Where have sanctions worked in such a way?

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008

Sanctions are NOT going to “liberate” Iran. Yes, Cuba is backward. But are they liberated? No. 60 years in, the original guys dead, and still no regime change. Same with NK.

You are the one that said we want to make Iran great again. Where have sanctions worked in such a way?
Iran is currently in both an economic depression (projected to have negative 6% GDP growth) and hyperinflation (40 plus percent) due in large part to the sanctions. (I didn't even know that was possible, but apparently it is). The people of Iran have risen against the mullahs before such as the Green revolution a decade ago, and at some point will rise again, it's just a matter of time and economic conditions like these make it more likely.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Iran is currently in both an economic depression (projected to have negative 6% GDP growth) and hyperinflation (40 plus percent) due in large part to the sanctions. (I didn't even know that was possible, but apparently it is). The people of Iran have risen against the mullahs before such as the Green revolution a decade ago, and at some point will rise again, it's just a matter of time and economic conditions like these make it more likely.
Why would you think sanctions would make the Iranian people rise against their government? Where has this worked before?

We are still waiting for them to work with Cuba. The two presidents that first invoked them have both been dead over 50 years.

Reactions: Ktown777

esskeetit

Member Who Talks
Jul 25, 2018
Make Texas Great Again

No I don't think sanctions alone will make Iran great again. The only way to make Iran great again and to liberate the people is to overrun the current regime. Either by our force or the internal forces like UTgrad said.

Either way their leadership needs to get got.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
No I don't think sanctions alone will make Iran great again. The only way to make Iran great again and to liberate the people is to overrun the current regime. Either by our force or the internal forces like UTgrad said.

Either way their leadership needs to get got.
When was the last time internal forces overturned a regime like this? And put in a democratic regime?

You want us to liberate them?

Jesus man, did you learn ANYTHING from the Iraq war??

Shaking my head here. Utter naivete’. Think we can drop a few bombs and make them decide to change out the mullahs for a free regime?

esskeetit

Member Who Talks
Jul 25, 2018
Make Texas Great Again
When was the last time internal forces overturned a regime like this? And put in a democratic regime?

Shaking my head here. Utter naivete’. Think we can drop a few bombs and make them decide to change out the mullahs for a free regime?
We need to help them topple their government and put in a more US friendly leader. Just like we always try to do. We just need to pick the right guy in pjs.

Yes, I think the ONLY WAY TO FIX IRAN IS TO GO TO WAR WITH THEM AND BOMB THE **** OUT OF THEM UNTIL WE BRING IN A NEW LEADER. Just like Iraq! Iraq is much better now with no Saddam.

The only recipe for "fixing" Islamic dictators is death. Too bad a few thousand (or tens of thousands) have to die with them. But we need to kill 10,000 to save 10,000,000 (or more) if they get a nuke. It's just math bro.

Reactions: UTGrad91

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
Why would you think sanctions would make the Iranian people rise against their government? Where has this worked before?

We are still waiting for them to work with Cuba. The two presidents that first invoked them have both been dead over 50 years.
We could have toppled the Mullahs in 2009 if Barry had supported the Green Revolution, but he was adamant to never have a foreign policy victory on his watch.

Next time the Iranian people rise up we need to support them. The stakes are too high. Iran is easily the most dangerous country on Earth. Leaders like Kim Jong Un are crazy megalomaniacs but they do believe in self preservation.

The Mullahs in Iran relish the idea of a nuclear armageddon with the West. They believe in the prophecy of the 12th Imam and that when such nuclear confrontation occurs the 12th Imam will return and destroy us infidels.

TEXBTP

Oct 29, 2008
We could have toppled the Mullahs in 2009 if Barry had supported the Green Revolution, but he was adamant to never have a foreign policy victory on his watch.

Next time the Iranian people rise up we need to support them. The stakes are too high. Iran is easily the most dangerous country on Earth. Leaders like Kim Jong Un are crazy megalomaniacs but they do believe in self preservation.

The Mullahs in Iran relish the idea of a nuclear armageddon with the West. They believe in the prophecy of the 12th Imam and that when such nuclear confrontation occurs the 12th Imam will return and destroy us infidels.
lol, no

JG

Oct 29, 2008

False. Totally false.

The idea that their army would stand by and allow that to happen is ridiculous.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
We need to help them topple their government and put in a more US friendly leader. Just like we always try to do. We just need to pick the right guy in pjs.

Yes, I think the ONLY WAY TO FIX IRAN IS TO GO TO WAR WITH THEM AND BOMB THE **** OUT OF THEM UNTIL WE BRING IN A NEW LEADER. Just like Iraq! Iraq is much better now with no Saddam.

The only recipe for "fixing" Islamic dictators is death. Too bad a few thousand (or tens of thousands) have to die with them. But we need to kill 10,000 to save 10,000,000 (or more) if they get a nuke. It's just math bro.
You realize that killing 10,000 Iranians makes it more likely someone will eventually get a nuke and use it on us, don’t you?

How many Americans would die in your war?

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
False. Totally false.

The idea that their army would stand by and allow that to happen is ridiculous.
You can ridicule it if you want but that's what they believe. Not the type of guys we want having a nuke, although we probably don't have to worry about it because the Israelis will make sure they don't get their hands on a nuke.

padrehorn11

Oct 27, 2016
Texas

Cuba also hasn't built itself a warship, jet, rocket, or nuke in 50 years. Every damn thing they have, which isn't much, has been supplied by our enemies who haven't been under sanctions. And even that seems to be cost prohibitive for those other nations after a while. So Cuba poses almost zero threat to the U.S. despite lying only 90 miles away from our shores. Oh well. they can serve as a stagin area for terrorists on the way to Mexico to sneak into the U.S., but to date that hasn't, to my knowledge, actually caused a single injury to American citizens.

And, despite our wish that the Cuban people be free and able to pursue happiness, the hard truth is that the most important thing by far is containing any actual threats to the U.S. Iran is currently not a truly significant military existential threat to anyone, and won't be until they actually develop nukes. And they won't under sanctions and as long as the Israelis have U.S. backing. North Korea is only a significant threat to mainly the people of Seoul, South Korea, because it lies under the the threat of conventional artillery bombardment and Kim's gang are to some extent propped up by our friends the ChiComs Despite the bluster, they don't even approach being a signoificant existential threat to anyone, even South Korea. Yeah, they could kill a lot of South Koreans, but when the dust cleared there would be no North Korea left capable of bothering anyone.

One thesis, and I think it has some merit, is that the U.S. doesn't need to actually 'win' wars if we can simply keep our enemies too weak to truly threaten us, and that is the major thrust of American military policy. It seems to be working doesn't it?

TEXBTP

Oct 29, 2008
You can ridicule it if you want but that's what they believe. Not the type of guys we want having a nuke, although we probably don't have to worry about it because the Israelis will make sure they don't get their hands on a nuke.
Where did you learn that?

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
You realize that killing 10,000 Iranians makes it more likely someone will eventually get a nuke and use it on us, don’t you?

How many Americans would die in your war?
This is stupidly incorrect. Not even remotely close to the truth

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Sorry man, but there are so many scenarios that come into play that it's unlikely this would ever occur. Once a war starts, nobody has a clue how it'll evolve, or how it'll end.

Simply stating toppling the Mullahs or supporting a group of Iranians wanting change is roughly .001% of the overall aspects of war with Iran

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasPalladin

JG

Oct 29, 2008
People think it would be simple for the Israelis to stop Iran from getting a nuke.

The Iranians arent stupid. Their facilities will be well protected, and they will see them coming.

Not to mention that Iran could do some damage to Israel in return.

Some of y’all think the world is a video game where there is no price for war.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
People think it would be simple for the Israelis to stop Iran from getting a nuke.

The Iranians arent stupid. Their facilities will be well protected, and they will see them coming.

& you think anyone could just grab a nuclear weapon off the shelf & attack the US with it

Given your repeated stupidity, stop acting so superior to anyone else

Reactions: eodhorn

SAhornfan

Oct 29, 2008
San Antonio, TX

Your assessment of Iran's military capabilities is surprisingly in depth.

jamesrh

Oct 29, 2008

In Iran? When the current regime came to power.

ole tnhorn

Jan 31, 2012

If and when Iran has a nuclear weapon do you believe they will launch it against Israel?

Reactions: TexasPalladin