What really happened re: Iran?

40A

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Human nature is human nature.

The idea that the Iranian leaders are somehow different from other leaders in human history is silly. Just as it's silly to think that Trump will drop the bomb on someone. He's not crazy either.
My goodness, you are mind-numbingly stupid.

Reactions: houstonhorn

JG

Oct 29, 2008
My goodness, you are mind-numbingly stupid.
And there is always 40A to chime in with poignant and insightful remarks.

All of you are twisted by religious-based hatred, and aren’t even thinking.

You assume these are wild-eyed morons. That they are so consumed by religious fervor that they are stupid, dumb as a post.

You don’t get to be the ruler of a country like Iran by being an idiot. These are educated and intelligent people. That’s not to say they wouldn’t love the chance to erase Israel from existence...clearly they would. But they aren’t going to do it at the cost of their own position.

These aren’t wackos that think all they have to do is drop a bomb and win the religious wars forever. And it’s foolish to assume they are.

Should we worry about them selling bombs to terrorists? For sure. But I am more worried about Kim doing the same. And he already has them.

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK

You assume these are wild-eyed morons. That they are so consumed by religious fervor that they are stupid, dumb as a post.

You don’t get to be the ruler of a country like Iran by being an idiot. These are educated and intelligent people. That’s not to say they wouldn’t love the chance to erase Israel from existence...clearly they would. But they aren’t going to do it at the cost of their own position.

These aren’t wackos that think all they have to do is drop a bomb and win the religious wars forever. And it’s foolish to assume they are.

Should we worry about them selling bombs to terrorists? For sure. But I am more worried about Kim doing the same. And he already has them.
My remark is far more poignant and insightful in comparison to "human nature is human nature".

I said nothing religion-related. I said nothing about their intelligence level or anything else you uselessly pontificated in your post.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
My remark is far more poignant and insightful in comparison to "human nature is human nature".

I said nothing religion-related. I said nothing about their intelligence level or anything else you uselessly pontificated in your post.
If you think they would immediately nuke Israel if they got a bomb, just because #Islam then you think they are stupid.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
You don't get it. I'm not willing to discuss issues with you. I just want to let you know that you have the simplest mind I ever did see.
Insults won’t add to your argument. Just makes you look juvenile.

And I’m smarter than you are by the way.

And deep down in place you don’t talk about at parties (or on the Texas board), you know it.

Bye now.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke Silver

40A

Feb 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Insults won’t add to your argument. Just makes you look juvenile.

And I’m smarter than you are by the way.

And deep down in place you don’t talk about at parties (or on the Texas board), you know it.

Bye now.
Lol you are the poster-boy of insecurity.

Reactions: eodhorn

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Lol you are the poster-boy of insecurity.
Said the man who found it necessary to jump into a conversation he wasn’t part of, merely to drop insults.

Duke Silver

Oct 29, 2008
Said the man who found it necessary to jump into a conversation he wasn’t part of, merely to drop insults.
Saysthe only one here who has challenged people to fights, brags about how much money he makes, and insists he’s smarter than everybody. You’re a pathetic clown.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Saysthe only one here who has challenged people to fights, brags about how much money he makes, and insists he’s smarter than everybody. You’re a pathetic clown.
Yeah, but I bet his resume is stronger than yours

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008

Not your strongest effort JG. To say that the leaders of Iran wouldn't start a nuclear war because they're smart and human nature is for self preservation ignores history.

People have proven more than willing to sacrifice their lives for a cause such as the early Christian martyrs, the Kamikazes in Japan, or the modern day Islamic suicide bombers. The mullahs are no different. They believe that a nuclear war with the west would bring about their armageddon and usher in worldwide Islamic domination.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Not your strongest effort JG. To say that the leaders of Iran wouldn't start a nuclear war because they're smart and human nature is for self preservation ignores history.

People have proven more than willing to sacrifice their lives for a cause such as the early Christian martyrs, the Kamikazes in Japan, or the modern day Islamic suicide bombers. The mullahs are no different. They believe that a nuclear war with the west would bring about their armageddon and usher in worldwide Islamic domination.
You think they are idiots. That all they have to do is drop a bomb and bring about Islamic domination.

These aren’t suicide bombers or foot soldiers. You don’t get to where they are being stupid. Or so blinded by religious fervor that you think dumb things.

Would they sacrifice themselves for Islamic domination? Maybe, but history shows leaders are most often willing to sacrifice everyone BUT themselves. But simply dropping a bomb on Israel isn’t going to bring that goal about, and it silly to believe they are stupid enough to think that.

eodhorn

Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
You think they are idiots. That all they have to do is drop a bomb and bring about Islamic domination.

These aren’t suicide bombers or foot soldiers. You don’t get to where they are being stupid. Or so blinded by religious fervor that you think dumb things.

Would they sacrifice themselves for Islamic domination? Maybe, but history shows leaders are most often willing to sacrifice everyone BUT themselves. But simply dropping a bomb on Israel isn’t going to bring that goal about, and it silly to believe they are stupid enough to think that.
If you’re a religious zealot, and you interpret your holy book as saying that the destruction of Israel is what starts the beginning of Islamic world domination, then regardless of intelligence, that’s what you do. Because in your very soul you believe that is what God wants. If you had an inkling of how to look at things in anything other than your perspective you would get this.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
If you’re a religious zealot, and you interpret your holy book as saying that the destruction of Israel is what starts the beginning of Islamic world domination, then regardless of intelligence, that’s what you do. Because in your very soul you believe that is what God wants. If you had an inkling of how to look at things in anything other than your perspective you would get this.
Haven't you heard. Only pro-life, right wing evangelicals are so deranged they let their beliefs drive their actions in spite of big brains.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
There is zealotry and then there is stupidity. These guys aren’t dumb enough to think that all they have to do is blow up Israel and Islam wins.

You don’t get to be the leader of a country the size of Iran by being stupid. Or so blinded by religious fervor that you can’t see that numbing Israel would result in your own destruction instead.

Like I said, there is no doubt that these guys would like to destroy Israel. But not in a way the takes themselves out. They aren’t stupid.

UTGrad91

Oct 29, 2008
There is zealotry and then there is stupidity. These guys aren’t dumb enough to think that all they have to do is blow up Israel and Islam wins.

You don’t get to be the leader of a country the size of Iran by being stupid. Or so blinded by religious fervor that you can’t see that numbing Israel would result in your own destruction instead.

Like I said, there is no doubt that these guys would like to destroy Israel. But not in a way the takes themselves out. They aren’t stupid.
EOD, JG is set on his talking points. We've proven that the Mullahs believe that a nuclear war with the west will facilitate the coming of the 12th Imam who will usher in worldwide Islamic domination, but he still stubbornly holds on to the belief that the mullahs are too smart to risk nuclear war. Nothing more to say at this point. His cup is full as the old Chinese saying goes.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
EOD, JG is set on his talking points. We've proven that the Mullahs believe that a nuclear war with the west will facilitate the coming of the 12th Imam who will usher in worldwide Islamic domination, but he still stubbornly holds on to the belief that the mullahs are too smart to risk nuclear war. Nothing more to say at this point. His cup is full as the old Chinese saying goes.
Proven??

You given opinion. You haven’t done ANYTHING to prove a darn thing. Just opinion, just like mine.

TEXBTP

Oct 29, 2008
Nice try, go back and actually read the linked articles about this issue that myself and others have posted in this thread.
Are you referring to the article from Beliefnet.com as a source of proof? You know who owns that site.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Iranian ships tried to blockade an oil tanker, British Navy made them **** off.

Now you all may continue your slap fight.

Reactions: 40A

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Iranian ships tried to blockade an oil tanker, British Navy made them **** off.

Now you all may continue your slap fight.
Tried to do it as revenge for the Brits stopping their ship at Gibraltar.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
Actually, you have proven you're a moron. So I guess that puts you 1 up on @UTGrad91
Thanks for your service. I appreciate it very much.

Have a wonderful day.

You know, eventually you will get the hint that I am not going to rise to the bait anymore.

Thanks again mcb. I appreciate all you and guys like you do for this country.

mcb0703!

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks for your service. I appreciate it very much.

Have a wonderful day.

You know, eventually you will get the hint that I am not going to rise to the bait anymore.

Thanks again mcb. I appreciate all you and guys like you do for this country.
Thanks for your continued stupidity. This board appreciates the comedy.

Have a hypocritical day.

You know, apparently you won’t get the hint that proving your remarkable stupidity will continue, whether you like it or not.

Thanks again. The daily laughter at your lack of intelligence is appreciated.

jamesrh

Oct 29, 2008

You realize that you epitomize the Ugly American trope, yes? The center of what makes the Ugly American so, is the myopic belief that everyone in the world has exactly the same worldview as he does.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
You realize that you epitomize the Ugly American trope, yes? The center of what makes the Ugly American so, is the myopic belief that everyone in the world has exactly the same worldview as he does.
Not remotely.

I just understand human nature. Humans are humans. They react based upon culture and religion and education but we are still human.

I’m not blinded by such religious-based hatred of Muslims that I would believe that the leaders of 60 million people would sacrifice them all for #Islam.

These are religious leaders. They want Islam to be dominant all right...with themselves at the head of it.

eodhorn

Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona
Not remotely.

I just understand human nature. Humans are humans. They react based upon culture and religion and education but we are still human.

I’m not blinded by such religious-based hatred of Muslims that I would believe that the leaders of 60 million people would sacrifice them all for #Islam.

These are religious leaders. They want Islam to be dominant all right...with themselves at the head of it.
There is no human nature man. What you consider human nature is consistent with westernized society. It is absolutely nothing like that in the Middle East. These people still do public beheadings/maiming etc. They don’t scream and cry when someone dies in a car accident, they just say Allah willed it. In general, everything revolves around tribal laws and customs. You are extremely naive.

jamesrh

Oct 29, 2008
Not remotely.

No you are blinded by a belief in your own infallibility in "reading human nature". They rest of us on this thread have just traveled enough of the world to realize that different cultures have different mores and views of the world. And those differences result in different reactions than you would expect if you were basing your expectations on a American/European outlook. The fact is that there are even differences in the way that a French person, a German person and an American would react in certain situations for all that we are all human and come from a very similar culture and worldview.

JG

Oct 29, 2008
No you are blinded by a belief in your own infallibility in "reading human nature". They rest of us on this thread have just traveled enough of the world to realize that different cultures have different mores and views of the world. And those differences result in different reactions than you would expect if you were basing your expectations on a American/European outlook. The fact is that there are even differences in the way that a French person, a German person and an American would react in certain situations for all that we are all human and come from a very similar culture and worldview.
My problem is that you guys act as if people who are not of American/European stock are stupid.

That because they are some crazy Muslim person, they would believe that all they have to do to achieve Islamic domination is nuke is real. And it won’t blow back on them and destroy their own country in the process.

You were so sure, based upon your own religious biases, that these people would destroy the world if they could.

They aren’t stupid and they aren’t crazy. There is a huge difference between zealotry and insanity.

But your own zealotry means that you think they would be dumb enough to drop a new can get their own country destroyed.

I am done on this subject too. Feel free to respond whatever you want with the last word.

calvin farquhar

Dec 19, 2017
My problem is that you guys act as if people who are not of American/European stock are stupid.

That because they are some crazy Muslim person, they would believe that all they have to do to achieve Islamic domination is nuke is real. And it won’t blow back on them and destroy their own country in the process.

You were so sure, based upon your own religious biases, that these people would destroy the world if they could.

They aren’t stupid and they aren’t crazy. There is a huge difference between zealotry and insanity.

But your own zealotry means that you think they would be dumb enough to drop a new can get their own country destroyed.

I am done on this subject too. Feel free to respond whatever you want with the last word.
Your problem is you're coming at this from your typical racist POV.

Also, you routinely prove this statement is invalid.

jamesrh

Oct 29, 2008

The only one calling these people stupid is you. You are such a perceptive reader of human nature that you dismiss everyone with first hand experience as acting from religious bias because you are so entrenched in your position that you have find a way to hand wave off information that is contrary to your belief. Confirmation bias anyone.

I have never said that Muslims want to destroy the world. I don't recall anyone else responding here to have made that claim either. Certain portions of the Muslim community do want to destroy Western culture and America specifically and have made no bones about it. And it isn't primarily an issue of being mad about America's intervention in the ME, it is mostly that they see Western Culture as epitomized by America as an existential threat to Islam and the Worldwide Caliphate.

Reactions: TexasPalladin

JG

Oct 29, 2008
The only one calling these people stupid is you. You are such a perceptive reader of human nature that you dismiss everyone with first hand experience as acting from religious bias because you are so entrenched in your position that you have find a way to hand wave off information that is contrary to your belief. Confirmation bias anyone.

I have never said that Muslims want to destroy the world. I don't recall anyone else responding here to have made that claim either. Certain portions of the Muslim community do want to destroy Western culture and America specifically and have made no bones about it. And it isn't primarily an issue of being mad about America's intervention in the ME, it is mostly that they see Western Culture as epitomized by America as an existential threat to Islam and the Worldwide Caliphate.
I said I would let you have the last word, but I want to make one more point.

Your last paragraph is accurate in my opinion. I agree with all you said. But that isn't what is being said here. People on this board have said (and believe) that if Iran's religious leaders get a nuke, they would immediately launch it at Israel, believing that doing so would trigger Armageddon, and this would result in worldwide Islamic domination. That means these people think that Khameni and his people are stupid. That dropping a bomb against a country that has bombs themselves would magically achieve their goals.

The people that have posted think that the Iranians are so blinded by religious fervor that they are fools.

These people aren't fools. Dropping a bomb on Israel would kill a lot of Jews but wouldn't result in Islamic domination, and would result in the deaths of a whole lot of Iranians and Muslims too. And they KNOW that.

Now...last word is in fact yours.

eodhorn

Mar 24, 2018
Surprise, Arizona

Exactly on so many fronts. In fact I am an agnostic, so I am in no way viewing this from a religious standpoint. But I have yet to see people, in such large numbers, willing to kill themselves in the name of religion. I have also never seen a culture that mourns less than they do. They tend to think that everything is in Allah’s hands. And not all Muslims are violent, in fact I made quite a few Muslim friends over the years. But to ignore the fact that they account for over 90% of terrorist attacks worldwide is absolutely partisan and ****ing ridiculous. It just so happens that Iran is responsible for much of this, and is currently ran by some of the most brutal and radical madmen in Islamic history .

Reactions: TexasPalladin